The Beta Application Thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Beta Application Thread!

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Beta Application Thread!

All right, as per request, here you can apply to have your fics betaed or to be a beta yourself! Fairly straightforward, and I do believe my part here is done...

Heh, thanks Blackjack ^^.

Anywho, I'm looking for a Beta who likes Harry Potter and Dragonball Z in addition to Pokemon, because those are the three fandoms I write for the most. HP in particular...I've got something rather secret brewing (I'm planning it to be around 24 chapters, and I'm on 13 now, though I'm rewriting the first few because they were - in a word - horrid), and I'm getting protective of it (yeah, probably not a good sign o_O), so I'd like to be sending the first few chapters - once they are rewritten - to someone in the hope that they can point out any possible errors so that I don't need to have my baby torn apart and written off as idiotic by someone like Fama when it's posted.

If that made any sense whatsoever...

I'd also prefer someone with an open mind to the fact that 'Original Characters do not equal Mary-Sues and/or Marty-Stues'

Thank you for your time. *Bows*
    Last edited by TRF-chan; 5th June 2004 at 12:53 PM.

Cuddly Electric Critter Pacific Pikachu's Avatar

I'll gladly be a beta for Pokémon fanfiction of any sort (so long as it's rated R or below). I have tons of fanfiction experience, and I'm a stickler when it comes to grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. I can also offer any advice wanted on characterization, plot, writing techniques, and other things like that. Feel free to PM your fanfiction to me or e-mail me at phoenixfreedom@yahoo.com . I prefer Microsoft Word format, but I can work with other formats. The only problem is that I'm computer-less every other week, so if you need your fanfic beta-read really quickly, I'd specify that so I can make arrangements to get it done by whatever deadlines there may be.

I doubt any of these will come up among you guys, but other fandoms I would gladly beta-read for are: Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, Last Exile, FLCL, and pretty much any Miyazaki movie. Those are fandoms I am very familiar with and comfortable with the atmosphere, plots, characters, and just the shows in general.
    ~Devoted Pokéshipper and Ash fan~

"Inori sae mo kieta yoru
    Nani o shinjite doko e kimi wa iku
    Namida iro no ryuusei ga asake warau you ni ima sugiteku..." - See You, Space Cowboy...

Blog Entries

I know that Beta-readers read the fic and tells you what you can fix before you post it or something like that but what does a Beta-writer do?

Blog Entries

A beta writer is just a writer who then hands their work over to a beta reader to examine before posting it. Sort of like how an author will hire a proofreader or the like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    A beta writer is just a writer who then hands their work over to a beta reader to examine before posting it. Sort of like how an author will hire a proofreader or the like.
    Oh, okay. Thanks, Blackjack Gabbiani! ^_^

Virus equals very yes Kinglerlord2's Avatar

Well it's high time I made my return to the Bulbagarden world. I've been gone too long and i'm gonna have a lot of time over the summer. I'll gladly take a writer under my wing and help them out. I'm not the most well known person around here by far but I will do the very best I can for those I help out. My fandom knowledge is primarily pokemon, DBZ and Harry Potter. If you have another fandom you're welcome to contact me through private messaging as well and give me details. I'll see if I'll be of any use to you.

I've got a pretty good grasp of the english language (seeing as how I'm working my rear end off to become a published author).

Let me know if you need help!
    Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Go down there and light the bloody thing yourself!

WEASLEY IS OUR KINGLER!

The Astute cynic

I'll beta original fiction and poetry, and monologues and essays and anything along those lines.

I'd be happy to beta read Pokemon fics, preferably those of the trainer variety or focus on Pokemon themselves (like stories about Pokemon living in the wild or their pov or just focusing strongly on them).

In turn, I'd like one of my fics to be beta-read. It's been posted on several forums before, but, even though I like my own style or writing, I always have people complaining about it and they always find typos that I tend to overlook. I'll probably end up posting it here soon anyway.
    Who's always giving Katelyn a hand?

Gym Leader

Seriously, how long has this topic been inactive???

Anyway, if this thing has any relevance at all, I am always up for lending a hand. Ok, I'm not the greatest writer on earth... I'm doing english in college if that makes me sounds any better ^^;; heh. Um, but I like reading, I'm good at finding typos (I find mine all the time... ahem, after I've posted them) and also hopefully I'd benefit from it, what with being exposed to different writing styles and such.

But yeah, if people are still lookin for someone to beta then lemme know!!!

*NB: the typos in my message have nothin to do with my english ability, I'm just a lazy typist occasinally

Um, ive never written a fan-fic before, but I just started one (about pokemon) and I was hoping someone would be happy to check it over.

Cheers Liam

Gym Leader

Hey Artruis (or Liam, whichever you prefer), I'd be happy to help checking over the fic. If you want me to just PM me or email me (think my email's in my profile).

Blog Entries

What the heck are you talking about?

He's just SPAMing, Blackjack. *deletes post*

Thank you Jolty for the banner!
    Pokémon Messageboards I Visit:
    Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden ~ Serebii's Pokemon Page
    My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance
    "I am dead serious. I am not that pretty." ~Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance

I'd gladly appreciate someone to beta read my Original Trainer Pokemon fic. If anyone wants to, I'll PM it to you on Bulbagarden. Someone who realises that not all Trainer fics are utter rubbish would be best. My fic's rated PG/PG-13. PM me if you'd do it. ((There'll be loads of chapters, by the way... Just to let you know...))
    My Pokemon Website

Kanto Journeys

Charlie, a twelve year old trainer sets off on her journey. On the big day, she wakes early and meets Team Roket members, Max and Sam. Intrigued? I've been told it's a good read...

These wounds won't seem to heal
    This pain is just too real
    There's just too much that time can not erase

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast