TEEN: Beginnings: Dragon of Water (SuBuWriMo)

Thread: Beginnings: Dragon of Water (SuBuWriMo)

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Beginnings: Dragon of Water (SuBuWriMo)

And I finally had time to post my SuBuWriMo entry though it took over a week for me to think of something.

This entry is a character prequel the main character is one of the characters from my fic Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar but the entry is about the events leading up to his appearance.

Chapter 1: Saved

In the streets of Saffron City a lot of things happen at night, normally people would always go around with their daily lives, young people usually spend it at clubs, partying or just messing around while others go out to eat. However there are other types of people that decide to do some damage at night.

A black car was parked in front of a worn out metallic warehouse at the edge of Saffron City’s lake and the small bridge that connected Saffron to the gate entrance. Inside the car was a man that seemed to be in his late forties, he had graying black hair along with eyebrows to match, his face was a little wrinkled around the forehead and cheeks; mostly due to old age and he had a pair of black colored eyes. He was wearing a long brown trench coat with a pair of brown pants to match, a brown sleevedless sweater with a white button shirt on it and a red tie that was hiding under the shirt.

“They say I’m too old to catch a bunch of drug dealers, I’ve done worst cases with my hands tied around my back,” the man grumbled as he turned to look at the warehouse, after deciding that he was safe he turned the lights off and snuck outside of the car swiftly, a red and white sphere on his right hand a gun on his left in case things got bad.

As of late drug dealing has become a major thing around Saffron, so much that even the help of the IPP which stands for International Pokémon Police has been required to get to the bottom of the recent increase. The old man walked to the wall of the warehouse and began to drag himself towards the doors, which was left just a little bit open to let the light that was coming from the inside visible. He knew that if he messed anything up he would be singing with the angels in less time than what it takes a psychic type to teleport.

As he reached the door he took a quick glance inside, there were three men and a Pokémon inside the warehouse. One of them was wearing a white colored shirt with a sky blue beanie on top of his head; blond hair coming out of the beanie and covering part of his green eyes. The other two men, to the shock of the detective were wearing black uniforms with a red R in the middle of the chest; one of them was wearing a black hat while the other one had a red jacket above the black shirt. *Team Rocket, there’s no way they were supposed to have disbanded over ten years ago.* the man gritted his teeth as he shifted to the Pokémon that were with the Rocket agents.

The Pokémon was completely red in color, it looked like a mantis but with two pincir like claws on its arms, it had a crown shaped head and a pair of long fly-like wings along with long red legs. “Guess I might need the gun after all,” the detective frown before seeing the two rocket agents walk towards the door, the one with the red jacket holding a metal brief case on his left hand. “They’re coming,” adrenaline began to run through the old detective’s veins as he began to make way towards his car, however before he could get there the red colored Pokémon from before appeared in front of him.

“Well well, look what the Meowth dragged in,” the detective turned around to face the man with the red jacket, a satisfactory smile was on his face as he laid eyes on him. “You must be the famous IPP detective, Looker, I thought you had retire already.”

“A lot of people did,” Looker shrugged before turning around as fast as he could and throwing his own pokeball at the Scizor. The ball opened up sending out a purple frog-like Pokémon out. “Croagunk use Poison Jab,” the Croagunk stretched out its right arm which was surrounded by a purple glow; however before it could do anything it was quickly punched out by a powerful Metal Claw.

“Get him!” the Rocket agent yelled, catching Looker’s left hand before he could use the gun that he was holding. “You think you’re smart,” the agent proceeded to keen the old detective, causing him to let go of the gun and allowing the agent to grab it. “You’re just an old fool for risking your life to come here,” he laughed while pointing at Looker with the gun.

Looker moved back, feeling the Scizor’s metallic chest against his back, only to see it raise its claw about his head. “So, should I order it to slash your head of, or shoot you five times on the chest, I guess it’s better to finish one’s job by themselves.”

And then something that neither Looker nor the Rocket agents were able to predict happened. A powerful Hyper Beam landed right behind the agent with the red jacket, blasting his comrade into the water and causing parts of its body to blow into pieces due to the damage. “What’s going on?” the man turned around as his Scizor stepped in to protect him, only for it to be hit by a wave of sonic energy that sent it and its master a few feet back. “Who’s there!?” the man roared into the dissipating cloud of smoke.

“It isn’t good to threaten old people,”came a young voice as a Dragonair was made visible through the cloud. Atop the Dragonair’s head was a bow with lush brown hair that fell on his forehead with some red highlights visible in the middle; the brown part of it seemed to be dyed though. He was wearing a green colored t-shirt along with a pair of swamp green climbing jeans.

The teenager seemed to be around fourteen or so considering his height, he had a pair of marine blue eyes and a smug grin on his face. Upon closer look, the boy also had a Buizel on top of its shoulder. “Who the hell do you think you are, Scizor attack with Steel Wing!” The Scizor dashed from the floor and began flying towards the Dragonair, its wings getting a metallic glow.

“Croagunk use Sludge Bomb!” Looker ordered, deciding he shouldn’t let the trainer protect him, his Croagunk got up and got in front of the Scizor, firing a barrage of purple colored balls into the steel type’s face.

“Dragonair use Dragon Dance and Dragon Tail,” the trainer took his chance as his Dragonair began to let out sparkles from the blue sphere on its neck, its body moving majestically as blue energy surrounded it. After it was done it took its chance and swiftly slammed its tail against the Scizor’s chest, causing it to fall against the floor.

The Rocket agent finally remembered the gun he was holding, but before he could use I Looker punched him from behind, making the man drop the gun and allowing Looker to subdue him in a hold. “I’m not as old as you think,” Looker groaned before cuffing the man. He then turned to look at the trainer, who had gotten off from his Dragonair.

“You okay old man, sorry I took longer to jump in, but I thought you’ll be able to get out on your own,” the trainer replied before walking over to Looker.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” Looker asked with a stern look on his face, though he was mostly surprise that a fourteen year old had been able to help him so much, it had been a really long time since he had met someone so young and yet so skilled at the same time.

“I thought it was obvious, I came to help you so that your old bones weren’t shattered,” the trainer laughed before grinning at the detective. “As for who I am, that’s classified but you can call me Fin Wave the master of water types,” he said while pointing at himself with pride. “….With the exception of Dragonair of course,” he shrugged.
    Last edited by Flaze; 15th June 2011 at 03:14 PM.

Game Completionist LightArrows.exe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit LightArrows.exe's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Dragon to Water (SuBuWriMo)

Great story. Finish the next chapter, quick. Or now. :P

I need beer money dammit! Rob Anybody's Avatar

^ what he said!
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.

ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY HYPNOTOAD!

Garrus Vakarian Facts

My Fic: Fabricati Diem, Pvnc Help a struggling writer! Read and review! Constructive criticism is much appreciated!

Game Completionist LightArrows.exe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit LightArrows.exe's Youtube Channel

Yes, Obey him. ^ Listen to his avatar!

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

And as requested, here's the next chapter.

Chapter 2: The Plan

“I saved his life and yet here I am,” Fin groaned as he looked down at his Buizel, he was taken to Saffron’s police station after he had saved Looker and was now sitting in front of the captain’s office. “That’s really rude you know,” he replied while scratching his nose, getting a reassuring “bui” from his Pokémon.

As he said this the door to the captain’s office opened, and from there came Looker, followed by an old man with a grey colored beard and wearing an uniform just like the gatekeepers; the only difference was that he had a badge. “So I take it you’re Fin?” the captain asked after he walked over. “What were you doing there boy?”

“Saving an old man’s life, I don’t like it when old people are abused,” he teased before grinning over at Looker; who was trying to hide his anger, though his red face wasn’t doing such a good job. “And fishing for dinner, though granted Saffron’s so big there’s barely anything left in the lake,” he shrugged.

“Really?” the captain gave him a questioning look, though Fin just countered by scratching the back of his head and getting up. “Where are you going?” the captain asked, preparing in case Fin tried anything drastic.

“Chill your horses, I’m just gonna get a soda, I saw a machine at the entrance,” Fin put both his hands behind his head and began to walk through the halls, guards following him to make sure he wouldn’t run away. “So they really don’t trust me.”

“…Good choice,” Fin grinned before falling on his front and using his right hand to support himself. His legs shot up right kicking both of the guards on the chin and pushing them back. “Buizel, Water Gun,” Buizel nodded before jumping and firing a powerful stream of water that sent every policemen in the hallway to the floor, the rest was easy as Fin just ran through the hallways, attacking anyone that tried to get in his way.

“That was way too easy,” Fin laughed as he kept running, looking back to make sure no one was following him. However, he felt weird, he was running and he was sure he was, yet he felt as if he wasn’t moving at all. “What the!?” Fin gasped as he saw a tall long haired woman, she had pale white skin and her eyes had a glare to them, she was wearing a purple top with a black figure hugging sweater under it, she had a pair of figure hugging shorts which were covered by a purple colored skirt.

“You’re a sneaky little trickster aren’t you,” the woman smirked before looking down at her Pokémon, a golden furred Pokémon with a pair of whiskers and a brown tail; it also had a red star on the front as was holding a spoon.

“Sabrina, Kadabra too.” Fin frowned as he was lowered from the floor. “I thought my escape was successful too,” He sighed as Sabrina walked over to him and grabbed him by the ear. “Ow!”

“You think I’m dumb, I’m a psychic for a reason I sensed you leaving,” Sabrina replied, the amazing thing was that she was keeping a calm look while still pulling on Fin’s ear. “Now come back, I’ll sent you back to your house myself,” before she could say anything more she turned to look at Looker and the captain, who had caught up by now.

“Sabrina, what’s the reason for this?” the captain asked the gym leader, who proceeded to bow in politeness.

“I apologize for this child’s impetuous behavior, I was watching over him till tonight when he managed to run away,” Sabrina apologized, noticing Looker seemed to want more information on the subject. Sabrina sighed and looked towards Fin. “Did you get yourself in trouble again?”

“No, I just saved this old dude from a couple of Rocket agents,” Fin replied, making Looker’s face turn red once more as Sabrina looked at the captain. “I heard about it on the news so I wanted to help.”

“Well I guess if it was for a reason, but you’re still going back home,” she gave him a stern look, making Fin frowned as he looked up at Sabrina. She was tall, taller than him at least and that in itself seemed to make Fin mad, not just that but Sabrina wasn’t like Misty or Brock who he had met a couple of days before, she wouldn’t cover for him or let him see if he wanted to go back home or not.

“I’m not going back home!” Fin exclaimed, he was beginning to lose his patience. “I ran away to become a man, become strong, I’m not going to keep being “the son” and make that an excuse for every good thing I do!” he replied, noticing Kadabra was already behind him. “Go!” he grabbed a pokeball swiftly, managing to reach it before Kadabra did anything and then sent out his Pokémon a Chinchou who immediately lit the room up with a Flash attack.

“What is this!?” Looker exclaimed as he and the captain, and even Sabrina covered their eyes. Fin took his chance and made sure to return both Buizel and Chinchou before he ran outside of the station and into the city. He kept running and running, knowing that Sabrina wouldn’t take too long to find him again.

He needed to find a way to get away, the only one was to get out of the city that was Sabrina wouldn’t detect him. Unfortunately she was good friends with Janine in Fuchsia, and while she and Surge didn’t exactly get along he didn’t really like the muscle head of a man, even if he did cover for him there was no way it would come cheap. “Celadon is dangerous too, Erika’s too much of a goody-goody and her Pokémon have an advantage over mine,” Fin gritted his teeth in frustration.

He couldn’t go back to Cerulean, because that’s where it’ll be safest to go and as thus Sabrina would catch him. He had to go somewhere far and fast but his Dragonair wasn’t used to flying and he couldn’t move really fast to begin with. “Wait that’s it,” Fin grinned, a glimmer of hope on his face as he stopped running and entered a store nearby.

It was easy. Celadon was the closest thing, but it was still a dangerous point; however if he took the Underground Path near Celadon he could go to the other side of Saffron. Once there he just had to take the road to Lavender and travel the sea route so he wasn’t detected. “And then I’ll head for Cinnabar, even though it’s recovering from the volcano eruption that happened 20 years ago there aren’t that many people, and even if I meet Blaine the guy wouldn’t give me up.” He grinned as he looked at his map yet again. “After that I’ll go to Vermilion and I’ll go to some other region, that way I’ll be safe.” He smiled, hope shimmering in his face as he turned around.

His plan was perfect, and if he did it right he wouldn’t even run the danger of being found out, he just had to be careful and make sure everything was done well. “Let’s go then.” He smiled. After he bought a cap to hide his hair with Fin ran out and used whatever energy his Dragonair had left for flying to get out of the city.

“So, who exactly is Fin?” Looker, the captain and Sabrina were still inside the police station, they were talking about Fin and who he really was, though Sabrina still hadn’t answered. “Where’s he from and why did he run away?”

“And who are his parents, considering you really want to get him back?” the captain added.

“He’s running away cause of immaturity on his part,” Sabrina shook her head, she wasn’t really in the mood for explaining, but if the police force could give her their help then it would be useful. “He’s from Four Island and as for who he is,” she stopped for a second before taking a long breath. “He’s real name is Fang and he’s the only son of former Elite 4 member Lorelei and current Johto Champion Lance.”

“What!?” both Looker and the captain gasped as they turned to Sabrina and proceeded to ask for more answers on the subject.

And that's the end of the second, next time we'll have Fin's adventures in Celadon as well as an explanation for Fin running away from home.