All Knowing (13+)

Thread: All Knowing (13+)

Default All Knowing (13+)

Hey Bulbapedia. ^_^

I'm currently on a fanfic kick. This is my most current work. It's for those of you who like Death Note as well as Pokemon.

I'm going to post the chapters in separate posts. Is that okay?

Also, if you want to review it elsewhere (I'd really like it~), it's posted here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5010772/1/All_Knowing

Summary: Cyrus discovers a boy at the entrance to his headquarters. Who is he, and why does he insist on calling himself Killer, or Kiro, or something...?

Prologue

“Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight~!” Light Yagami turned around as his name was screamed at a high pitch. Instantly, the image of a blond, yet gothic, girl appeared uncomfortably close. Her blue (of were they brown? Light could never recall) eyes were shimmering with some kind of hybrid of both expectancy and impatience.

“What is it, Misa?” The Death Note user struggled to keep his voice calm (as well as to not strangle his girlfriend on the spot).

The blond clasped her hands together and replied dreamily, “I was wondering, Light, if you wanted to go on a vacation! I feel like we need one.”

“What makes you say that?”

“We've been so busy lately, is all.” Misa explained, pursing her lips.

Light had to chuckle to himself. Since Rem's death, Misa hadn't been able to recall any of her past connections with the Death Note, and thus could not understand how close she was to the truth by “busy”.

Of course, a vacation did sound quite inviting. Since the death of L, or Ryuzaki, Light had been feeling an emptiness inside him he couldn't quite put a name on. While he had triumphed against the mysterious detective in the end, Light assumed he would be a little happier, at least. But he could not shake the feeling that something was missing.

“Misa...” he began, not sure what to say. But before he could even get into the thought process of talking to this brain-dead puppet, he felt his vision sway. He tried to move forward, but dizziness overtook him as he nearly fell to the ground.

He was able to catch himself before plummeting. However, darkness threatened to grip his sight as his hands tried to reach out for something – anything! - that turned out to not even be there.

Why...is this happening?! He thought angrily as chanting began to roar in his eardrums.

'Show me a perfect world.' The chanting screeched, and then died out.

His vision growing pitch black, Light felt his body collide with the ground.

Default Re: All Knowing (13+)

Chapter 1

The Team Galactic leader sighed heavily as he leaned back in his chair. Being the esteemed ruler of a well-known criminal team across Sinnoh wasn't as glamorous as it sounded. But Cyrus knew he had to slave over hours of training and painfully boring paperwork before his dream was even possible to be thought of.

That dream...it was the only thing keeping Cyrus alive at the moment. He aimed to destroy this world, and build a new one in its place. His illusory belief would create the most perfect world to live in – where no crime, hate, or pain would exist. And standing up from the ashes of the old, imperfect world, Cyrus himself would stand as god.

It was a perfect dream, and he believed in it from the bottom of his heart. And of course, he would stop at nothing. A little paperwork or a boring afternoon wasn't about to stop him.

After what seemed like hours (but in actuality was fifteen minutes) of typing away on his computer about this Pokemon or that, a knock on his office door interrupted Cyrus.

“Boss?” Saturn's voice echoed throughout the cramped room as he opened up the door (uninvited, of course).

Cyrus blinked as the commander saluted him respectfully. “Yes?” he asked, growing annoyed.

Saturn shuffled his feet. “Well, er...it seems that Mars has just been defeated by that trainer, sir.”

“Trainer?”

“The one with the Prinplup?” Saturn's eyes flickered with unease, in case Cyrus decided to reply with more confusion, but his leader seemed to finally understand.

Clearing his throat, Cyrus said, “Oh, her. Well, that's too bad. Tell Mars to train some more.” He honestly couldn't care less about some brat beating the PMS-y commander. He was perfectly capable of building his new world by himself, but destroying the current one required a little assistance from gullible fools (such as the one standing in front of him).

Said lieutenant commander was fiddling with the manila folder he had clutched in his hands. “Alright, sir, but there's...something else.” He pulled out a white sheet of paper that was crawling with black text that resembled ants. “Some grunts have reported finding...something at the entrance of Mt. Coronet.”

“Well? What is it?” Cyrus's curiosity was hardly peaked, but he didn't appreciate the vagueness Saturn was choosing to speak with.

“A...man. Well, a young man. Presumed around 20 years of age.”

“And this should be of Team Galactic's concern...why?”

Saturn, once again, seemed uncomfortable. “He, uh, was caught by the same grunts, sir. But...seconds later, those grunts had heart attacks and were pronounced dead. Later, more of our men decided to try...and got themselves killed as well.”

Cyrus's usually emotionless eyes widened. “What?!” Grunts were tools to be used, of course, but he never expected any of them to be killed. It wasn't remorse, or anything close to it, that he was feeling; it was little more than surprise. “Well, did anything suspicious happen before that?”

“I don't know, sir. I wasn't there. But the criminal has been apprehended, finally, after the confiscating of his possessions. Currently, he's in the headquarter prison.” Saturn replied.

Shaking his head disdainfully, Cyrus stood up. “I suppose I'll try to kick some answers out of him. Make sure to clean up the mess he left behind.” He spat, making his way out of the room and towards the prison.

As his feet dragged him down the tasteless hallways, Cyrus began to wonder about the sudden killings (of his own soldiers, no less). What made no sense was how they all had simultaneous heart attacks; he had even checked their medical backgrounds himself, and no heart problems existed. So how could they all die?

Was it the prisoner's fault? Surely Saturn just arrested him out of fear, but there was a (good?) chance he was connected to the murders. Smirking, Cyrus realized that for once, his lieutenant seemed to do something right. He would figure out why such an event happened, and perhaps in the end, he'd capture the kid's Pokemon and kick him out on the curb. That would be a nice ending for what began as a boring day.

Before he realized it, Cyrus was staring at the cold, steel door to Team Galactic's prison. In just seconds, he would be speaking with the captured boy, who supposedly caused the deaths of many stupid, yet useful, men in his team.

Was Cyrus nervous?

Not a chance.

Chapter 2

With a devious smirk, Cyrus clutched the frozen steel handle of the prison door. He swung it open and peered inside. Just as he expected, nothing seemed different; a few cells along the walls, and one cramped cage in the center. Apparently, that's where Saturn chose to dispose of the prisoner for now.

But the term 'prisoner' was a joke; the child in front of Cyrus was nothing more than that – a pathetic infant. His chestnut hair was swept over his eyes as he sat himself up (which proved to be difficult with handcuffs on).

“You poor thing. What are the odds that we'd end up catching the likes of you?” Cyrus spat, disgusted with both the boy and himself for believing he was a threat. When no reply came, Cyrus narrowed his stone gray irises and kicked the cage walls. “Wake up!” he roared. “Do you know who I am? I am the leader of Team Galactic! Show some respect!”

The boy twitched and showed his eyes – a menacing amber color – staring back at Cyrus threateningly. “Pardon me, but does this leader have a name?”

Cyrus did not find his attitude cute. But instead of showing his anger (he learned from the past that that simply did nothing to help the situation), he changed the subject. “Have you got any Pokemon on you?”

But this statement seemed to confuse the prisoner. “Pokemon?”

“Yes.”

“I'm afraid I don't know what that is.”

His eyes widening, the Team Galactic leader twitched slightly in both surprise and confusion. “Pokemon? The creatures that inhabit the world, besides humans?”

“Animals, you mean?” Despite not knowing what the hell he was talking about, the younger man seemed confident in his answers, his eyes glimmering with a strong pride.

Cyrus shook his head, thinking that the boy was playing with him. “You really don't know, eh?” he asked, already knowing the answer.

“No.”

“Well then, there's something I've been meaning to ask you.”

The amber eyes lost their ambitious glare. “Yes?”

Cyrus took a deep breath and asked, “Did you kill my grunts?”

The boy did not respond. Instead, he curled his knees up to his chest and his mouth twisted into a smirk. His eyes grew into a dull shade as he began to mumble to himself. “I'm not Kira, if that's what you're even thinking.” he finally stated.

It was Cyrus's turn to look confused. Arching an eyebrow, he asked, “Killer?”

“Kira.”

“Kiro?”

Kira.

“Killa?”

“Goddammit, what is so hard about the name!?”

“Well, I'm not familiar with that term. It's Japanese, isn't it? I may have been raised in Sunyshore, but I'm not fluent.” Fed up with the interrogation being thrown back at him, he slammed his fists onto the jail's cold bars. “Do you have a name, other than Killer?” he asked, smirking again.

The boy nodded and replied, “Light.”

“Alright. That wasn't so hard, was it? I'm Cyrus.” Though it pained him to admit it, the leader seemed to have gained some sort of respect for the brat. It didn't come often, but he supposed that those who could oppose him are worth looking into. Clearing his throat to change subjects again, he asked, “So, I assume you're not a trainer. Interested in Team Galactic?”

“I've only seen you and a couple...what did you call them?”

“Grunts.”

“Right. But there seems to have been quite a noticeable leap between the ranks.” Light said. Cyrus swore he saw imaginary fox ears appear above his head.

Shaking his own head to clear it, he growled, “How about it?”

Light had to think for a few moments, his eyes tracing circles into the empty space in front of him. Cyrus heard some of what he began to mutter to himself; phrases like “...Ryuk...”, “...note...”, and “...apple...”. Before he almost thought this man to be insane, he received an answer.

“Alright,” Light finally said, “I suppose it couldn't hurt for now.”

Cyrus grinned, pleased with himself for turning the seemingly 'useless' (as he had dubbed earlier) prisoner into another pawn he could use. Of course, it was to be expected – Cyrus had a natural knack for recruiting (he prided himself on bringing all four commanders into the team).

“Well, first things first...” he began, unlocking the jail cell. “I'll tell Saturn of your membership, and you'll begin as a class C grunt – a greenhorn, of course.”

Light scoffed to himself, as if he couldn't fathom the idea of someone like him being in such a lowly position. But Cyrus admitted he liked that look of dismay on the boy's face; it made him feel a little powerful, if anything. “Regardless of your opinion, this was your choice. Otherwise I'll order your immediate execution.” he couldn't really bring himself to kill such an interesting kid, but he would not admit that to anyone, let alone the one he was thinking of.

“I understand, Mr. Cyrus...?” The tone was raised as a question, as if he wanted to know his last name as well.

“Oh, just Cyrus. That's who I'll be 'till I die.” The blue-haired man said firmly, leading Light out into the recruitment center of the headquarters.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kamen_Fanatic On Twitter Add Kamen_Fanatic on Facebook Add Kamen_Fanatic on MySpace
    Visit Kamen_Fanatic's Youtube Channel

Whoa. Congrats - First Death Note fic here!

Nice transistion from the world of Death Note to Pokemon.

They do seem similar, Cyrus and Light.

That's funny - foxy ears!

Poor Light - he's a greenhorn....

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In the future, please wait at least 24 hours between posting separate chapters.

Anyway hahahahaha oh my god I knew SOMEONE had to do it. Between "god of a new world" and that "Cyrus" and "Kira" have the same root meaning (they both refer to light and the sun), it was only a matter of time. Also I really want to see a Despair Billy MAD with Team Galactic.

...*cough* I digress.

Oh, sorry! It's just like me to miss something on the Rules. -.-

Also, just out of curiosity, what is a MAD?

Anyway, new chapter~

Chapter 3

“Must I wear this?” Light's disgusted face twisted as he examined the 'spacesuit lookalike' he had been given. It was very flashy, with silver curves and designs, and made him easily stand out in an everyday situation.

Though he didn't understand why, Cyrus enjoyed the torture of the young man. He actually wasn't sure why he had those eyesores designed, or what son-of-a-bitch did design them, but he made a mental note to fire whoever did.

“Yes. It is required of all grunts to wear the correct clothing.” he explained, his expression giving away his apathy.

“Well...I guess I should thank you. I would be stuck in that dungeon forever if it hadn't been for you.” Light said, offering his hand for a shake.

Cyrus did not accept the invitation. “Your performance will show how much you mean it.” he muttered, turning to walk out of the locker room (a rather unnecessary part of the headquarters, he had to admit) into the main hallway.

Light did not say anything on their walk to the grunt quarters (where he would learn where exactly he slept, and what room number he had), so Cyrus took the opportunity to recite some of the rules he had established.

“As a 'Grunt', you are expected to battle trainers and keep their curious little noses out of our plans. Also, if you are defeated, expect to turn your Pokemon in. There is no room for weakness in Team Galactic.” Light opened his mouth to protest, but Cyrus quickly cut him off. “I will give you a Pokemon after I show you your room.” This seemed to be what the boy was thinking, as he shut his lips immediately.

Before Cyrus realized it, he and his guest were standing in front of the dorm-like rooms that housed most of his unnecessary members. He noticed the great, arrogant gleam in Light's eyes, almost as if he didn't expect to stay here long. While Cyrus did detest nearly all human emotions, he could easily say that vanity was at the top of his imaginary hate list. Or maybe that was Light himself. Oh well, same difference.

“I'm assigning you Room 206. As you are simply a beginner, you will not yet get a roommate.”

“Alright, now...about the animal. What if I already have one?”

“What?” Cyrus blinked. “You stated before that you don't have one.”

“But I might. Cyrus, do you mind touching this notebook here?” The boy held out a black notebook, inscribed with something on the cover (too small for Cyrus to see from where he was standing).

Despite being completely confused, the Team Galactic leader still reached out in hand to gently brush his fingers over the book's surface. “Why am I doing this...” he asked, partially to Light and partially to himself. But in mere seconds, he wanted to eat his words.

Standing in front of him was a creature he had never laid eyes on before. It was no Pokemon, at least none that he had seen (and Cyrus had seen a lot). Its face was stretched into a wicked smile and its eyes were popping out disgustingly. The teeth were jagged, but looked harmless at the same time. Its hair (or fur?) was spiked in random places, giving it the look of a hedgehog-like head.

But its body...that was perhaps one of the strangest things about it. It was rather tall, but very skinny. It appeared to be wearing some sort of clothing, complete with pants and ghoul-like shoes. Huge black wings darted out of its back and stretched into the air.

Feeling almost sick to his stomach, Cyrus choked out, “W-what is that thing?”

Before Light could answer, the thing chuckled (rather deviously). “That's awfully rude, Light, to show your new friend right away. Are you going to tell him some other things as well?” Its voice was raspy and fitting for the creepy monster that it was.

The younger man shook his head. “Cyrus, this is my 'Pokemon', Ryuk.”

“Ryuk? Why can it talk, then, if it's a Pokemon?” Cyrus asked suspiciously. He was beginning to assume that this thing wasn't a 'pocket monster' at all; just a monster.

“...alright, you caught me.” Light began, ignoring the triumphant glimmer in his boss's gray eyes. “I'm not sure what he is, exactly. I assumed since I arrived here that he was a 'Pokemon', as you say...but I really don't know.”

Cyrus lit up with interest. Perhaps this creature could become of some use to him. It may even be able to help capture the three spirit Pokemon...! His heart pumping with excitement (something he wouldn't show on the outside, even if his life depended on it), he asked, “Well, I suppose I'll take it in for now. Where is its PokeBall?”

Light blinked. “I don't think he has one.” he replied. “But he does seem attached to this notebook. Maybe it is similar to the idea of this 'PokeBall'?”

The blue-haired man had never, in all his years of interacting with Pokemon, heard of a notebook controlling one. It was obvious this creature was not a Pokemon, but rather something entirely different. However, he wasn't about to show his doubt to the chestnut-haired boy. “Do you wish to use this creature as your partner, then?”

“At least for now. I'll inform you of any strange qualities I find. That way, Team Galactic can use him indirectly.”

“That sounds like a good plan. You're thinking like a commander already.” Cyrus said, his praising words sounding bored, at best. “Make sure to train it, though. Can't have you losing easy battles.”

“Of course not, Cyrus.”

“Tomorrow is your first mission. You are to guard Mount Coronet as the commanders do some exploration. It won't be until the afternoon, so you can train your Ryuk in the morning. I expect good results, Light.”

Light smirked. “Don't worry.” he muttered, his amber eyes aflame. “Failure is not an option.”

Blog Entries

Ryuk looks like a Sableye/human/demon fusion. Maybe Light could convince Cyrus that it's the result of a scientific experiment.

One wonders. Since it's a different world, would there be different gods of death? Giratina's the closest that we know of so far and I don't think it would have jurisdiction over Death Notes. Unless that's the end of the Platinum Galactic plot. In which case I can see Light being pissed that Cyrus is still technically alive, even though he's removed from the world.

One thing here--the asides really shouldn't be in parenthesies. It removes the reader.

Also a MAD, at least the definition I was using (there seem to be a few), is a video to one series animated over footage of another. A really famous one is Final Fantasy VI characters acting out the opening and ending to Full Metal Alchemist.

As an additional note, you seem to have a better understanding of Cyrus than most ficcers. Most people take him at his word that he's emotionless, disregarding that he demonstrates that he's not (he's really not nearly as good an actor as he thinks he is). I would think it would be obvious that he's only deluding himself, but you'd be surprised how many people see that line at face value.

Oh, alright. I've seen MADs before, I was just wondering what they stood for. O_O And if I was thinking of the same thing. ^^

Ah, the Shinigami plot isn't unfolded yet! Please wait! XDD

If the asides aren't to be in parenthesies, what do you suggest I do with them? XD I want to explain Cyrus's thoughts, but not exactly in italtics...

Blog Entries

About what to use, it depends on the part of the fic. Here, I'll demonstrate.

Cyrus did not accept the invitation. “Your performance will show how much you mean it.” he muttered, turning to walk out of the locker room (a rather unnecessary part of the headquarters, he had to admit) into the main hallway.

Light did not say anything on their walk to the grunt quarters (where he would learn where exactly he slept, and what room number he had), so Cyrus took the opportunity to recite some of the rules he had established.
    is what you had. Here's what would probably be more comfortable to the readers

Cyrus did not accept the invitation. “Your performance will show how much you mean it.” he muttered, turning to walk out of the locker room--a rather unnecessary part of the headquarters, he had to admit--into the main hallway.

Light did not say anything on their walk to the grunt quarters, where he would learn where exactly he slept, and what room number he had. Cyrus took that opportunity to recite some of the rules he had established.
    I wonder also why Light showed the notebook so readily. Although he never said what it was for, but Cyrus knows now that it has *some* sort of power (although in his mind it's probably more of a Zatch Bell sort of thing). Knowing Light he's got to have some sort of fantastic plan for this.

Also, one minor thing that skipped my notice the first time--it's known even in gameverse (ie, not including TR's Meowth from the show) that some pokémon are capable of human speech. Cyrus even has one--Murkrow (Honchkrow really but we can probably assume that it carries over). Not to mention that right outside Sunyshore are wild Chatots.

^ Oh, thank you for the criticism! It helps. ^_^

You're quite right about the talking Pokemon...but do any of them talk fluently? I'm pretty sure Ryuk's speech is clean and doesn't even have an accent (Meowth even says "Nyan" sometimes in the Japanese version). I think he would be surprised this creature (whatever it is XD) is speaking perfect Japanese/English in front of him. I dunno. Or maybe he was just trying to trick Light (who obviously didn't know otherwise xP)

Blog Entries

I would presume that Chatots talk fluently, since it's pretty well known that real-world parrots use functional language (mine does all the time and intellecually she's nothing special), and pokemon are supposed to be more advanced than the real animals they're based on. You probably couldn't discuss philosophy with one, but I think it would be reasonable to assume that talking to a Chatot would be like talking to a five-year-old kid or so.

Admittedly I don't know much about crows' abilities to speak so I can't weigh in on that. But more to the point about talking pokemon, in the show there was that Gastly and no one really seemed surprised that it could talk (for that matter, no one really seems surprised that Meowth can talk. It's usually more of "Hey, a talking Meowth! That's pretty cool!"). But that's the show and I'm not sure which version you're going off of here.

Hey everyone, please note that there will be a small hiatus on this story. Writer's block, combined with the Blue Screen of Death on my laptop, has caused me to temporarily stop writing. T_T

Ships
    Preciousmetal <3 Original <3 Bashou <3 Contest <3 Alterna <3 Krazy

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Very interesting story, hopefully these problems are resolved soon!

I've got to say though, I'm kind of surprised that Light isn't trying to find out more about Pokemon. And I can't wait to see Ryuuk battling a Pokemon! Their attacks will go through him surely?