Your thoughts so far on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts so far on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2?

Blog Entries

Default Your thoughts so far on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2?

Like the title says. What are your impressions so far?

-I'm only on the Save Azurill mission, but I'm already liking it. The game plays just like the first MD, which is great.

-I like the graphics. At first, I was like, "oh, these are just like the original", but then I started noticing how the sprites are shaded and a little smoother. It's really subtle, just like D/P vs. the RSE/FRLG graphics. Also, the game art on the start screen is quite beautiful and impressive. I wish more video games would make an effort to include features like that, instead of making you unlock an art gallery. It's the little things that count.

- The story is pretty cool. I like how my character has a kind of geomancy Dead Zone/Land of the Blindfolded thing going on, where they see the future simply by touching something. Pretty deep, by Pokemon standards. Also, NoA did a great job localizing it. And some of the dark humor in the village also surprised me.
    "It's called Tasty... because that's how I think Staravia might think of me later."
    "Your money will rest here in peace... forever, if you want."

-The characters. I think they have a lot more personality this time around. Loudred is annoying, the partner is cute, Wigglytuff is... interesting... and Chatot reminds me a lot of Iago from Aladdin. I like the shopkeepers, too. Duskull running a bank? Much as I loved Felicity Bank last game and its little Persian sprite, I must say Duskull Bank=pwnage. I was a bit disappointed, however, that the pink Kecleon Brother this game isn't as flaming as he was last time. Did NoA really feel there was that much need to tone him down?

-For those who haven't read my thoughts over on Habunake's thread yet, a big kudos to PUSA for actually giving us a DECENT preorder gift this time. The Explorer's Guide is very impressive, and it would have been good as an artbook even without the developer interviews and Ken Sugimori comic. A little decent binding and design and a slipcover go a long way towards making a decent impression. I hope this trend continues.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

It's fun, but it takes wayyyyyy too long to save (yeah, quicksave my ass) and there is too much storyline, not enough action thus far. I'm also at "Save Azurill", but I'm leaving the DS at my boyfriend's house since I need to focus on school D:
    *this space for rent*

Blog Entries

Regular Pokemon games take forever to save too.

And storyline is a rarity in Pokemon games.I'm happy there's real story in this. (Don't play Tales Of Symphonia if cutscenes bother you. That's all I can say.)
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Blog Entries

I'll give an actual opinion when I beat the game, but so far, I like what I see.

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

Blog Entries

I think this one takes maybe twice as long as the first MD to save, tbh.
    *this space for rent*

See my sig for my opinion on Wigglytuff and Chatot.

Anyway, YES. It DOES take forever to save. But it's worth it. I'm on the mission break after the Apple Forrest mission. Stunktank and cronies are pretty bad, but somehow I can't help but feel they are as good of villians as Gengar and cronies. Their just a bunch of annoying crooks so far.

...I can never get comefortable around Chatot and Wigglytuff...

the ultimate fire primate flaming infernape's Avatar
    Spear Pillar, taking over the Torn world and making Sinnoh colder by the minute

Uh...the 23rd is going to take soooooo long the way you guys talk about it, making me just want this game even more. Why would Target, or any store, hold off releasing a game until 3 days after the actual release.

Hopefully the story line is a little (or a lot) longer than the first MD. It just seemed like that things went by too quickly and then you're in post-game, which just is less interesting in my opinion.

Also a quick question: Which nature does a boy need to get for Chimchar?

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Well...I have it, and I became a Squirtle when I answered truthfully. I then proceeded to christen the Squirtle Brenna (it means "little stream of water") and my Torchic partner is Starshine.

After getting my first official wakeup call from Exploud, I pictured him blasting songs from Rock Band from a boombox at top volume...

We are Team Chronos, BTW (in keeping with the Time theme)
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

I'm enjoying it very much so far. The main games should have such a good story, seriously.

Blog Entries

I'm definitely enjoying it thus far. The story seems a bit deeper than I expected, but I could do without Team Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by eSeamus View Post
    I'm definitely enjoying it thus far. The story seems a bit deeper than I expected, but I could do without Team Skull.
    Team Skull can go crawl under a rock and die. I WANT GENGAR BACK! BOO! *Throws Tomatos at Team Skull*

I'm up to the Brine cave mission. Chatot needs to take a chill pill.

No Sacrifice, No Victory Rosakai's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I got my copy of Time yesterday...I'm just on the Waterfall Cave mission...no idea what to expect at the end of the cave, though.

I'm a Chimchar named Lizzie and my Partner is a Piplup. I named our team Hydro Fire.

I like it so far, but I agree with everyone: it takes waaaay too long to save.

You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves. From here, the fight will be your own.

I'm on the Amp Plains mission (Darn Luxio and Luxray!). I'm a Cyndaquil named Flare with a Chikorita partner named Hibiscus. Our team name is FireFlower. I'm really enjoying this game so far. The Fogbound Lake cutscenes were really good.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I will admit, Team Skull is better than Team Meanies.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

I like the music too ._.
    *this space for rent*

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast