Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Opinion on Generation 3 Games

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Your Opinion on Generation 3 Games

I think they're good. They had unique Pokemon. I hear people complain a lot about all the water routes but I actually liked that and surfing. I played them more than others and even missed Platinum to play RS. Some Pokemon I liked are Lunatone, Sceptile, Milotic, Jirachi, Kyogre. I enjoyed them and still do. I'll admit though they are a bit more challenging than other Pokemon games, I found the Gym leaders and Elite 4 more difficult that others, to this day I still think Hoenn has the hardest gym leaders to beat.

The Jet Black Pokemon Ninja_Oscar's Avatar

Follow Ninja_Oscar on Tumblr

Gen III suffered from HUGE backlash from Pokemon losing it's immense popularity it had during Gens I and II. Even today I still don't think it gets the recognition it deserves. Many people called it a reboot of the franchise and the only reason I can think of that made people feel that way is incompatibility, and that was fixed with FR/LG. Other than that, this Gen did nothing but improve upon the series. It introduced abilities, natures, EVs, 31 IVs instead of 16, etc. The graphics were also a step up but not the best the GBA has to offer. The music is top notch though and some of the greatest in the series although it is not as good as Gen IV's soundtrack(Eterna Forest anyone?). The spinoffs were pretty good as well.
    P0KEM0N likes this.

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

I think Gen III brought so many good things to the game series that people just don't give it credit for. Of all the games I think the one I replayed the most was Sapphire. I enjoyed it so much that as soon as I finished I wanted to go right back and play it again. Emerald itself brought the first cut scenes, which even today look pretty good despite being 2D and a little clunky. I personally would love to see it in remakes for the 3DS. The Pokemon were good too. Too often some people will say things like, "Agh, they didn't have enough first generation Pokemon ergo it sucks!" (while at the same time whining when great games like D/P/Plt DO have the original 150 and then have the cheek to make them better, I might add) and yet freely admit the Pokemon like Blaziken, Gardevoir, Metagross, Miltotic, Absol, Manectric, Wailord, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Flygon, Armaldo, Salamence, the Regiis, the Eon duo, Jirachii and Deoxys are all frequently used and loved Pokemon. Besides the lack of the 252 Pokemon from Gen I/II is made up for in the Kanto remakes.

Plus there is no denying that RSE really did try to do something different by adding weather conditions, natures, contests, new battle engine, changing DVs into the highly sought after IVs, and EVs. They also had the secret bases idea which enabled you to have more secret bases in one game, so you could visit your friend's bases and so they all felt part of the same world. Together with Gen III making the Kanto games playable again by remaking them in FRLG, I will always love it for what it did to boost the games series. Highly underrated games.

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

3rd generation was the worst because the starters, except treecko's line were awfull,it introduced only 4 electric type pokemon(electrike's line and minun-plusle duo),i t had the worst and easiest champion of all (that goes for wallace in emerald),the pokemon contests weren't good and game freak realised its mistake by taking them out from the 5th generation.

It seems like I'm the only one who DIDN'T play R/S/E.

I play Leaf Green, and I loved it! I played it again sometime last year and I can see how Gen IV & V spoiled me xD

My sis played Emerald, and she liked it, which is cool <3

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

They had the charm of the natures,
    Steven Stone,
    beaches,
    forests,
    oceans (HECK the underwater routes were super cool),
    Steven Stone,
    the introduction of double battles,
    the introduction of ABILITIES that we're all so picky about when playing the games,
    berry planting,
    Steven Stone,
    Contests...
    even the Battle Frontier - they were loads of fun!!

And what's more - the concept of WEATHER. DA WEATHER TRIO - AND THE WEATHER ACTUALLY CHANGING BECAUSE OF THEM.

Add Thep0keman on Facebook

I played 2gen first, gold, then 1gen, 3gen, 4gen, haven't tried 5gen, Idk if I'll like it.

ESPURR INTENSIFIES. MegaDinoBlaze's Avatar

I've only gone through Emerald, but I'll probably get LeafGreen soon. As for Emerald wll, I... kinda LOVED IT! It had amazing pokemon, an incredible reigon, and Hoenn was the first reigon to break the pattern of fields, forests, and caves.
    X Team:
    Greninja(Frubble),Simisage(Sage),Charizard(Flamey)Aurorus(Aurora),Aerodactyl(Aeron),Lucario(Anubis)
    Y Team:
    Chesnaught(Chip),Talonflame(Arrow),Blastoise(Typhoon),Meowstic(Kit),Tyrantrum(Tiny),Avalugg(Bergster )

Froakie is the cutest. THING. EVER.

Blog Entries

I won't lie, Generation 3 is currently my least favorite generation. It has really nothing to do with the past or later Gens or anything, but there was always something about this generation, specifically RSE, that felt off, as if they were in still need of some tweaking and more work. I wasn't very crazy about the mapping of the region's areas, and some of the changes made were kind of disappointing, like how the in-game time was severely watered down from Gen 2 and didn't offer quite as much. Ultimately though, I think the main reason why it''s not my preferred is probably because I never really sat down and given it enough time at a time. But by all means, RSE are good games in their own right, especially its own innovations that it newly introduced to the franchise, it's just maybe they weren't very polished very well. I could easily say the same thing for DP really.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Generation 3 is really where fans got divided. Some people hate RSE and some people love it. I'm one of those people who love Gen 3. The games really added tons of innovations such as Running Shoes, Natures,Abilities, improved IV and EV system, VS. Seeker, Contests, PokeBlock, improved berry system with more variety, Battle Frontier, and a lot of thing just make these games awesome. Plus it introduced my favorite Pokemon and starter, Treecko so I'd be lying if I said I hated these games. While the amount of water can be annoying at times, I think Hoenn has amazing scenery and cities. The reflections of the clouds in the water, the rain in certain routes, the footprints in the sand, the soot falling in Route 113 the details in the games are impressive. The Hoenn region is just very beautiful in my opinion. Cities like Fortree City that has houses built on trees and walking across bridges to get around. Towns like Pacifidlog Town built on rafts and logs floating on top a Corsola colony and Lavaridge with a hot spring right next to the Pokemon Center. And of course Sootopolis City, an underwater city located inside a crater which was formed by a volcano that has me running on top of high slopes and surfing across water. I know people complained about not being able to transfer their favorites from Kanto and Johto, but this is pretty much fixed with FR/LG, Colosseum and XD. I like how they added the Sevii Island cause it makes up for the originals lack of post-game and the islands are really beautiful. Lastly the music is spectacular (lots of trumpets).

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

it was the best for innovation
    we had the two bikes, vs seeker, the better graphics, secret bases, dive, contests, double battles

However the double battles let to a very spiteful hate for a certian pair of gym leaders who kept healing their pokemon while in a DB.

i think inovation was the reason why i enjoyed it so much
    Yato likes this.

Blog Entries

Visit HM02's Youtube Channel

I really enjoyed the Hoenn games, and even though my first game was Red, they might be my favorites. They have pretty awesome Pokemon and astounding, new(at the time) mechanics and graphics.

Pokemon X Friend Code : 0447 - 5738 - 4720

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hated them at first because the way they treated past gen Pokemon (no transferring Pokemon from 2nd gen, they treated National Dex Pokemon in RS as if they didn't exist), but after I got over it, I loved it. It had a huge, explorable region and added plenty of great features to the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12