Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Default Re: A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post
    I somehow did not realize for ages that ground and rock were two different types.
    lol me too

Also took me a long time to realize Chimchar was based on a chimp and not a monkey. (there's a difference)

I thought Magnemite family has levitate.
    Try to kill the freaking thing when noone in your team knows any fire- or fighting moves

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

I've been playing the games since the beginning, and I have 2 embarassing stories.

First, I never had a balanced team. In every game in the first 4 gens, I only used my starter. It took me until White to finally use a balanced team. (Aside from the one time in my brother's Crystal version I used a Typhlosion, Graveler, Pidgeot, and Suicune.)

Second, it took me until after I beat White to learn about Physical and Special moves. I taught Flamethrower to my Darmanitan and couldn't figure out why it was doing so much less than Fire Punch. I asked my brother and he told me that there were physical and special moves, to go with attack an special attack. I felt like an idiot.

I was naming myself in Silver (original) and I knew that me and my rival were usually named after the game (in gen 2).

But I named myself Silver, and my rival Gold, because I got Pokemon Silver...I felt so stupid.
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever

Read my fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World, and please review!

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember thinking that Ice was super effective against Water, with the logic that ice freezes water (which it doesn't). Science fail.

Blog Entries

Somehow, for some reason in Gen I, I thought Rock-types were weak to Ice attacks. Probably because they were almost all part Ground-type at the time, but it took until Gen III for me to realize that wasn't the case. >_<;;;
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Urgh. I spent too long with a Magikarp, using Splash over and over because someone told me that it had a 00.01 chance of an OHKO. I still have that Magikarp in the PC.

Another thing, I had no idea how to use the PC itself at first. ^^' No idea where or what it was.
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

I didn't learn until Platinum came out what Repel actually did. Mostly because I was stupidly impatient and didn't really bother to buy anything except hyper potions/revives from the mart. Needless to say when I found out, I wanted to kick myself.

So yeah, you can imagine how much fun caves and, er, all of the last quarter of Hoenn was for me -_-

Also back in Red Version I restarted the game twice because I believed I'd done something wrong when the SS Anne left port without me. (In my defense it was my first ever Pokemon game, and it was French. And I don't speak French...)
    Last edited by LadySasaki; 5th March 2013 at 09:28 PM.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

I never knew Steel was super effective against anything until like last year. Mind=blown
    And when I first got to Eterna Forest, I was like 6, and I was scared o death of Team Galactic. I thought there were grunts hiding in there.....needless to say my fear was not needed.
    Also, when I figured there was another entrance to Wayward Cave......
    I felt like I could not play a video game ever again.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

That "Shroomish" is basically just "Mushroom" with it's syllables reversed :U

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

I started playing Pokemon and had a full team of Magikarps. That changed quickly.
    Angelic Gardevoir likes this.

Blog Entries

For a long time, I thought Lucario was a legendary pokémon.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Exxod, King of Armageddon ExxodKingOfDemise's Avatar

I never knew you could pick the berries off the trees or bushes, until months later.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It took me ages to figure out how to switch Pokemon in Silver and Crystal. I actually ended up basically soloing the games with my Typhlosion up until I learned how about a year or two after I first started playing Pokemon. It was like, Lv. 72 by the time I got to the Elite 4 or something.

Follow Vulli on Tumblr Visit Vulli's Youtube Channel

When I first got Blue, I had no idea what the hell I was doing. I could do it all fine up until I was in Oak's lab. Couldn't figure out how to get my pokemon. Basically just hit start and clicked every single menu option and messed around with my options, so by the time I bugged my brother to pick a pokemon for me, everything would look weird because I turned off battle animations etc.

And of course I didn't know how to save, so the cycle would repeat. Can't remember when I finally managed to figure it out.

Oh! And I didn't understand how to use the PC box. I just thought I couldn't have more than 6 pokemon. I wanted to buy that magikarp from that guy for some reason, but I didn't know who to get rid of on my team. Ended up releasing my pikachu, planning on going back to the forest to find it again later.

Also, I thought PokeRus was something really bad. My beloved Linoone got it from this vulpix I caught, and I remember crying over it because I thought it was going to die. Basically just deposited everything else to avoid getting them infected, and just went on adventures with only that linoone hoping to enjoy whatever time left I had with it. :I

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast