A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread - Page 30

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

Default Re: A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread

The Kecleon blocking the Fortree Gym. I didn't bother heading past Fortree so I didn't see Steven's explanation. I was stuck for weeks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Mustang View Post
    in Lieutenant surge's gym, it took me a week to figure out that you look for the switch in the garbage cans. God, was I stupid...
    I was even stupider trying to find the trash can switches in GSC. AND THERE WAS NO ELECTRIC FENCE!!! But I felt happiness knowing that one of my favorite LP'ers made the same mistake and I was laughing through the whole video at his reaction

Follow Chika on Tumblr

Played Emerald for a bit a few days ago to check out Navel Rock again for the heck of it... I wandered around like an idiot trying to find where the port was. OTL

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Blog Entries

In my first ever pokemon game (pokemon blue) I was stuck in viridian city for a long time. I didn't realize (must have ignored/didn't really read the text) that i had to return the parcel to Oak. I trained a squirtle to level 23 wartortle by training in that weak patch of grass beside viridian... ugh. Oh and the typical, train one pokemon to be very strong but forget everyone else. I did that with a charizard. It got to the point where it wouldn't listen to me.

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

Fighting-types are resistant to Bug-types?
    Oops.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

On Yellow, I made two silly blunders.

> After defeating LT. Surge and reading: With the Thunder Badge, you can now use Fly! I spent ages staring at my new badge, trying to select it so I could use fly >.<

>When I was first going through Viridian Forest, I came across a wild Pidgeotto. My ten year old mind thought, "Wow! A Pidgeotto!" When it broke out of the Pokeball and said, Aw, it appeared to be caught (or something like this) I thought, oh bugger, someone has already caught this. The only thing I kept thinking was "I wish people would stop leaving their Pidgeotto's around" for about ten Pidgeotto's. :/

And then I realised what the game actually meant.

It was OK, I caught one eventually :)
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

Blog Entries

I can't for the life of me find an image of the particular sprite I'm talking about, but... You know those NPCs that sit side-by-side inside the PokeMarts and PokeCentres in Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver (maybe others, but my memory fails me) that promote trading with friends when you talk to them, and they've got their little Game Boys all linked up with each other?

In all my seven years of playing Pokemon I was convinced those sprites were old men with their hands tucked behind their long beards, and when you talked to them they just kind of raised an eyebrow and their one eye became different because they were looking at you.

I only realized late last year, thanks to the miracle of redesigned sprites in HGSS, that they're much younger people with Game Boys/DSes, and they turn their heads when you talk to them. Sigh.

That's pretty much the only thing for me, since I was thankfully old enough to understand most of what I was doing (though I thought all status moves except for sleep were useless and my pokemon were never allowed to know them... until, yeah, late last year also). But really, the old guy transformation in my head was absolutely mindblowing. XD It was like realizing what you thought was the colour blue throughout your entire life was really the colour red. I still can't believe it sometimes. XD

X: 3539-9136-1795
    White: 5286-1527-9147
    SoulSilver: 4083-0652-8960

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I didnt know where to get fly in crystal so i went by cycle everywhere. I had to cross ice path everytime to get to blackthorn city for the move remover!!

I trained only my red gyarados in crystal. It was level 76 when i faced red and i kept losing (needless to say why) and if managed to beat pikachu, he sent out snorlax and harass me a lot with rest.
    It took me 30 tries, 100s of items and finally almost 40 hours to train rhydon for pikachu, hitmonlee for snorlax, houndoom for venusaur and espeon to beat him.

Remember that person on nugget bridge trying to convince you to join team rocket in red.
    I thought that you could actually join and wasted hours and hours talking to him repeatedly thinking it might work.
    One friend also told me that you could go to orange islands if u complete the pokedex in red. And i made mistakes like searching for magmar in red.
    After 9 months i completed the dex only to discover that you can only get a diploma for it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Disaster approaches... BlackwaterPark's Avatar

In Crystal Version, my friend told me that if you smashed the rock that the Clefairy were dancing around at midnight, you would get a secret TM with a move called "Fissure Burn" or something like that. You could use it to open an entrance in every building, which would get you into places like the Safari Zone and Pewter Museum. But I could never stay up late enough to do it at the time, so I couldn't try it out.

Many years later, I went back to try it. Imagine my disappointment when I found nothing but a Moon Stone!

EDIT: I have another one. Remember when Ruby and Sapphire came out and everyone was psyched over the existence of abilities? I always thought Magnemite and Magneton had Levitate, so I never used Ground-type attacks on them. It wasn't until I caught a Magnemite in SoulSilver that I figured out they didn't have that ability. Man, I could have dealt with those things so much more easily.
    Current activity: Playing through Platinum for the first time.

1. Find shiny Pokemon
    2. Determine Secret ID
    3. RNG to my heart's content!

Last updated April 17, 2012

Blog Entries

Default I didn't know what ledges were when I was little...

Haha, when I was but a wee lad, and I played my first Pokémon game, I always though that ledges were just fences. I never thought about why you could jump off on one end and not the other. They just didn't look like ledges; they didn't seem elevated from the rest of the land. So did anyone else use to think that, or was I just stupid?

Registered User GamerChickSweet16's Avatar
    Somewhere in Australia... not saying where, though.

SoulSilver: I'd found the Sudowoodo, but to my shock, I couldn't catch it because I had no Pokeballs! Turns out I'd run out of them earlier on. So I stupidly ran from it to go and buy some more, thinking it'd stay where it was... no dice. *sweatdrop* To make matters worse, when I encountered it again after recharging my DSi battery (it died on Route 36 while I was waiting on a name for a Hoothoot I'd just caught, and I HADN'T BLOODY WELL SAVED), do you know what it did? ...yeah. It trolled me. The bloody tree took down half of my team before I finally caught it. *facepalms and groans frustratedly* Why do I get all the bad luck?

Soy

I used to use legederies on my team..

I know, i know. I now mostly use NU/UU Mons, and its much more satisfying to beat the game with them
    Last edited by Soy; 9th June 2011 at 05:47 AM.

Registered User GamerChickSweet16's Avatar
    Somewhere in Australia... not saying where, though.

^ "Mustly"?
    I have many names: raging fangirl, spoiler hound, troper extraordinaire. But there is one thing I cannot deny:

I am, in fact, a proud FerrisWheelShipper... one who is sadly still undecided on which version to play: Black or White?

I Dont Suck, It's Rigged Dark Master Draya's Avatar

ive got a really sad one

a coupple of weeks ago when i got white... i was at the flying gym, beat the leader... but then couldnt figure out (for the life of me) to get down, i was running around looking for stairs or a warp pad or somthing, failing to note the cannon directly behind her =/
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

using my pipup to try and kill a grass gym leader's pokemon in platuim
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast