A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread - Page 28

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread

Now available in 4D! Flygon 101's Avatar
    In the gorgeous, golden spires of the city Prospillium.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread

I spent FOUR friggin weeks using every pokemon in my pc to try to get into the Snowpoint temple before I read it again and saw "the power of the three".

I then spent another week getting every trio or pokemon I thought worked as a trio and used them.

No,no,no. You dont understand. I had migrated EVERY pokemon from Sapphire and Leafgreen onto Diamond as well!!!

Then I saw the anime and found out in 10 minutes that it was

Just fantastic...
    I extend my hand to the marvelous authors of this forum. I have read your works and I know that your imagination knows no bounds. Can you help me create a region? I will dedicate the series of fics I intend to use this region for to the gracious people who choose to help me on this audacious task.

So Im asking you once again Bulbagarden - can you help me?

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f512/new-region-help-95004/

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I got my first game, I didn't know you could save. Actually, I didn't even know the meaning of the word "Save" in video game context. It was my very first game, and I thought it meant to "rescue" the game from something, somehow. That thought didn't make any sense to me, so the whole time I just ignored it. The first few weeks of my playthrough of pokemon red consisted of me getting more and more skillful at blazing through route 1 and 2 and viridian forest before ultimately getting walled by brock's rock pokemon.

Before that, I also had trouble grasping the concept of catching a pokemon. I just thought you were supposed to level up your starter by itself, and it was inconceivable to me that one little item in your bag had the power to grant you a whole new party member.

This was all after being assaulted by the late 90's pokemon craze, complete with the "catch 'em all" slogan. It just didn't connect for me until much later.

When I first tried it, I aimed for the highest-leveled pokemon I could find: a Lass's Pidgey. Naturally, I got a little ticked off when that didn't work out for me. When I lost the ball for what I thought was no apparent reason (and this was back when I didn't know you could buy pokeballs, and went by that one solitary ball you picked up in the left side of viridian forest), I was immensely discouraged, and didn't try it again until a few days later.
    Last edited by 33Whimsicott33; 15th December 2010 at 03:49 AM.
    Owain likes this.
    Oh?

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

first
    Ruby:
    - i was stuck for 2 days trying to get past the Oh-it's-a-rare-Pokemon-footprint guy, i think he said something about drawing it, idk, at first i thought that you had to wait him to finish or something, then i started looking crazily for Pokeballs, so i could catch a pokemon and give it to him so that he would have the pokemon, and he wouldn't need to sketch his footprint, however, you should know that at this part of the game, you still CAN'T have Motherf*** pokeballs, eventually i found May and defeated her, then i progressed and i was able to get pokeballs, then i used them to get EVERY pokemon in those routes to give it to him, so that he would leave me alone, but to my surprise, he was already gone by the time i beat may...

second
    Also in Ruby (my first game BTW)
    I fell to my cousin's: ''the elite 4 all have lv100s''!
    and i then trained my whole team to lv100, guess my surprise...

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

When I played Emerald, my first Pokémon game, I had no idea how to get to Sootopolis City. It never even occurred to me that you had to dive. When I finally spent some time wandering underwater for no reason and ended up in Sootopolis, I was like, "Ohhhhh....Wow."

By then my Blaziken was Lv. 90-something. Let's just say Juan and the League were a breeze.

Blog Entries

When I first got Sapphire version I had no idea that Team Aqua was in that underwater cave after they steal the submarine.

I was stuck in Sootopolis City with a locked gym and had no idea how to advance the plot.

Then my brother restarted the game...

I figured it out on my second playthrough that I had to search underwater for them :P

Follow Niall On Twitter
    Follow Niall on Tumblr

Lunatone and Solrock are part rock-type. I spent ages trying to beat them, and then I found out Surf took them out really easily.
    Look at my tiny avatar and right-aligned signature.
    Gaze upon them and tremble, for they are good.

Blog Entries

In the seafloor cavern I couldn't figure out how to move the rocks right before Archie to let me get to the door. I made my friend do it and he showed me how simple it was.

If you don't weaken any Pokémon you catch during the Bug Catching Contest, you have a greater chance of winning first place.

That Azurill isn't a Water type. >.>
    Doesn't make sense for it to be a Normal type. T_T

Diamond Protoss ;D Light of Aiur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirthey View Post
    When I played Emerald, my first Pokémon game, I had no idea how to get to Sootopolis City. It never even occurred to me that you had to dive. When I finally spent some time wandering underwater for no reason and ended up in Sootopolis, I was like, "Ohhhhh....Wow."

By then my Blaziken was Lv. 90-something. Let's just say Juan and the League were a breeze.
    The Same exact thing happened to me, no joke. However, My Blaziken was at lv. 100 by the time I figured it out. Ironically, I got to sootpolis in ruby but not in emerald...

Also, I thought Feebas was an easy to find pokemon, the first one I saw I ran away from, later I went back and caught it. When I was asked to catch it for a friend I was stumped. I didn't know anything about breeding at the time.
    Last edited by Light of Aiur; 5th January 2011 at 11:58 PM.

Diamond Protoss ;D Light of Aiur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UpbeatFerno View Post
    In Ruby, my first Pokemon game, I accidentally defeated Groudon without catching him, an hour later after i saved my friend told me I could've saved before battling and restarted. I banged my head on a table when he told me that.
    Remember my lv. 100 Blaziken? I accidently killed Groudon with it. " Blaziken weaken the Groudon with ember!" Enemy Groudon has fainted. What?!

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

In Silver, that the squirtbottle would move sudowoodo out of the way. Had to restart the game before I figured it out.

Disaster approaches... BlackwaterPark's Avatar

In Crystal Version when you meet your rival for the first time, it calls him ???. So when the police officer asked for his name, I actually named him that because I thought that was what he was supposed to be called.

Incidentally, it was interesting to see that they cleared up that issue a little bit in the remakes.
    Current activity: Playing through Platinum for the first time.

1. Find shiny Pokemon
    2. Determine Secret ID
    3. RNG to my heart's content!

Last updated April 17, 2012

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Despotar View Post
    In Crystal Version when you meet your rival for the first time, it calls him ???. So when the police officer asked for his name, I actually named him that because I thought that was what he was supposed to be called.

Incidentally, it was interesting to see that they cleared up that issue a little bit in the remakes.
    That probably led to some amusing situations

"???, I challenge you to battle!"
    "??? was responsible for the crime"

lol

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

When I hatched that Wynaut that you get from the old person in Lavaridge, I thought it was the cutest thing ever. I wanted to get more but I didn't know where you could get them. Then I got the answer--breed some Wobbuffet! So I evolved the Wynaut and caught another Wobbuffet in the Safari Zone, and stuck them in the daycare.

I was so excited when the first egg hatched. But it was...a Wobbuffet. Wat. So then for some reason I assumed that there was a chance of either a Wynaut or a Wobbuffet hatching. I hatched--I kid you not--over 60 more eggs, and of course they all hatched into Wobbuffet.

My friend who had a guidebook later told me that you need to breed holding a Lax Incense. I facepalmed so hard.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast