A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread - Page 27

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

Default Re: A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Two words: Bugsy's. Gender.
    Lmao. Same here xD Wait...you figured that one out?!

that little spinda. ♥ Kuro-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In Sapphire, my first game, I had no idea what type advantages and disadvantages meant. So I never understood why my Ninetails couldn't beat Archie's Sharpedo... it never occurred to me to use my lv 40 Sceptile until he had beat everyone else in my party.

More recently, I had FINALLY made it to Thorton in the Battle Factory on Platinum, and I was so excited because I had been having a lot of trouble winning battles there. I struggled to beat his first two Pokemon, and finally was left with my last Pokemon, a Crobat that was at about half health. Thorton sent out his last Pokemon, Ludicolo. I used Cross-Poison on it, which almost fainted it, and he had put my Crobat at around 4 hp. So, instead of using Cross-Poison again which would have killed it, I used Brave Bird, thinking "OH, THIS IS SUPER-EFFECTIVE TOO!"

I was so mad when Crobat fainted and I lost. I thought for sure the game had glitched... now I know that Brave Bird also damages the user.
    >> As long as the world is turning and spinning, we'll always be just a little dizzy <<

first time playing a gen 3 game i got to sootopolis early and couldn't figure out how to get in. i ended up restarting. extra crappy because my lead was a lv. 55 manectric.

in yellow, i read the bit where the master ball could catch any pokemon and tried to use it on sabrina's alakazam

Blog Entries

I remember in Yellow, back when I was new to pokemon, I got stuck in Mt. Moon for a week. I remember trying and trying, but I couldn't get out of there. D:
    I was so happy when I finally got out of there.
    Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon.
    Can only evolve into one...

In Blue, when i got to snorlax, i thought you were supposed to wake it up with awakenings. I stood their for like 20 minutes trying to use them on him before i decided to Toss them. I wasted like 30 Awakenings trying to get the snorlax to wake up. I was very embarresed when my friend said, "why don't you just use the PokeFlute?"

Blog Entries

I haven't made any mistakes but one.

In Emerald, my first game, the playthough I had a level 63 Blaziken going up against Maxie on MT. Chimmney. I restarted the game because it wouldn't listen to me. And this was when Aqua and Magma were battling, not inside the cave.
    Last edited by Kambash; 5th December 2010 at 12:51 AM.

this is more related to the anime but...i had to read the tvtropes page to figure out james' victreebel bit him as a sign of affection

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In Emerald, I couldn't figure out where to go after beating Flannery.
    *facepalm*
    Posted via Mobile Device

Reject the status quo! Radio Rebel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just a few that I remember:

For some reason, I could have sworn that Dragonair and Pupitar evolved at level 50. I had played through all three Generation II games and gotten both Dragonite and Tyranitar in all of them, and I distinctly remember them evolving at 50. So when Generation III came along I was freaking out when my Dragonair didn't evolve at 50. When it finally evolved at 55, I was like "when did they change that?" I looked it up, only to find that it had ALWAYS been 55. Mind = Blown.

I was trying to complete my Pokedex in FireRed and got my Exeggcute up to level 51 and, wondering why in the hell it hadn't evolved yet, looked it up. Sure enough, Leaf Stone. Duh...

It took me several hours to get out of the Goldenrod Gym after beating Whitney in SoulSilver. Stupid 3D arches and shit...

Oh, and the time I somehow managed to overlook the entrance to a room in the cave on Four Island where Lorelei confronts those Rocket Grunts. I spent hours searching that cave for Lorelei, and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I went back there a few days later and noticed the black spot on the far wall that was quite obviously a hole. I still have no idea how I missed that the first five times I went in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control
    I used to not know a majority of the resistances. For example, I never knew Ice didn't resist Water, that Grass resisted Ground, and that Electric resisted Steel.
    Just last week I learned that Bug resists Ground and that Ghost resists Bug (I subconsciously group Ghost with Dark and Psychic so naturally I assumed Ghost was also weak to Bug).
    Name: Rebel ♦ Friend Code: 2208-6003-1380 ♦ Friend Safari: Beautifly, Paras, Vivillon
    Badges: 8 ♦ Pokédex: 712 Seen / 712 Obtained ♦ Medals: 109

Registered Music Geek Meloetta23's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It tooks months of planning for me to get through Mt. Mortar in HeartGold. I wanted to get to the Black Belt in the back who gives you a Tyrogue if you beat him in battle. First I kept forgetting that I needed to bring a Pokemon with me that knows Waterfall. Then I forgot that I also needed to bring a Pokemon that knows Strength. And sometimes I didn't bring enough Repels with me so I'd get stopped by a wild Pokemon every few seconds.

But the dumbest part was my route. I drew a route in my strategy guide book so all I had to do was follow the lines and I'd reach the Black Belt in no time. But about halfway through my route...I realized that there was a ledge blocking my way that I hadn't seen when I drew up the route. It took me almost an hour to realize that I needed to find another way. Eventually I gave up and I asked my brother how to get to where I wanted to go and he was able to help me get there in less than ten minutes.

Epic. Fail.
    ~Meloetta23's Song of the Week~

When You Say You Love Me- Josh Groban
    When you say you love me
    The world goes still, so still inside, and
    When you say you love me
    For a moment, there's no one else alive

N.k

Almost anything in Colosseum and XD.

And that Lapras was in that one cave in G/S/C.
    Seriously? Seriously? Seriously? Seriously?

the boulders in cianwood city took me an inordinate amount of time

Blog Entries

I don't remember how long it took me to realize that I had to go back to Petalburg and fight Norman. I circled all of Hoenn a billion times trying to get to Fourtree without surf -_-

Figuring out that fighting does neutral damage to Grass types. For the longest time, I thought grass resisted fighting.

Also, figuring out that ice does neutral damage to Rock, not super effective.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

In Pearl, My Brother got stuck in wayward cave- i think that's it- for 7 weeks. With an escape rope in his pockets.

He couldn't use it though.

Cause Mia was with him. You know, the girl with Kadabra?

In the end, he realised that the glowing dead end was not a pond, but the way out.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast