A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread

In Ruby, I didn't know how to get past the guy in Oldale being like I SPOTTED A RARE POKéMON'S FOOTPRINTS!! for a day or two. Then I realized that I was supposed to fight Brendan. XD

And then much later in the game, I couldn't defeat the Elite Four on my first try. My solution? Grind my team to level 70 (somehow. I'm still puzzled by this because it's HARD AS FUCK TO GRIND IN RUBY PRE-E4) and fight it with half of my team "borrowed" from my sister. XD;;; Might not be as uh... 'bad' as the other posts in this thread for the lack of a better word, but it's the only thing I can think of other than some of my Platinum moments.

If GenIV is included.. well, I was kind of playing through it barely knowing any Japanese... so when I beat Byron's gym it took me like an hour to realize that I was supposed to get Strength at Iron Island to get Jun to let me in the library. <_< >_> The disadvantage to playing Japanese games before the US release. THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO INFO FOR ANYTHING. Seriously, playing through Platinum for the little things was fucking hell because there was so little info on it. ;;

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

The stupidest thing I ever did in a Pokémon game?

Tried to play Yellow before I could read.

I didn't understand battling, I didn't understand leveling up (I thought it was just telling me I had won), I didn't understand overwriting attacks (I lost ThunderShock!), and I thought the nurse was telling me that Professor Oak was going to need my Pokémon after I finished the game (you know, I read "OK. We'll need your POKéMON." as "OAK may need your POKéMON.").

The second-stupidest thing I did was trained Cyndaquil in Silver. Yes, training in and of itself is not a bad thing, but I focused solely on Cyndaquil (level 91 Typhlosion for the win!).

By the time I reached Indigo Plateau, my Typhlosion (then level 70 or 80 something) was the only Pokémon I had that was capable of battling. So I had to trade some of my Red Version Pokémon into the cartridge. Now we understand why the National Dex is unavailable until AFTER the League has been defeated from FireRed and LeafGreen onward.

My third-biggest mistake? I thought Red was Ash, the first few times around. Thank God we have Bulbapedia to clear these things up!

And my fourth....lately, I'm always rushing. I can't seem to train right anymore, I'm always rushing. I always wanna just blow through the campaign so I can get working on my Pokédex already!

That has proven to be my downfall several times now. Because, now I'm stuck in Ruby Version trying to train my Linoone and Mightyena to take on Tate and Liza, and I'm stuck in Diamond Version trying to train a Murkrow to take on Fantina. I guess I got the whole AIHS (Always In a Hurry Syndrome) from my mother.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

eh, no worries. I do that a lot. Actually, I try to avoid trainers. Another stupid thing on my part.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

追放されたバカ

I severely doubt the authenticity of you raising your Pikachu up to level 81. No 8 year old has that kind of attention span...you'd have to kill thousands of Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyBow View Post
    I severely doubt the authenticity of you raising your Pikachu up to level 81. No 8 year old has that kind of attention span...you'd have to kill thousands of Pokemon.
    Erm. Plenty of eight-year-olds have that kind of attention span. It might not be average, but it happens. :/ A lot of people have obsessive, addictive personalities. It happens.

Besides that, I have no motivation to lie about something like that. It's an embarrassing "Haha, that was stupid" thing that I can gain an astonishing.. nothing from. Figure that one out.

Don't insinuate that I'm a liar. It's really fucking rude.
    cassiem likes this.

championshipping no miko!

I actually ALSO thought Red was Ash, to the point that it came up when I named Championshipping >.<. To be fair though, I had four different series of Pokemon Manga in Chinese, and every single one of them used 'Satoshi' as the translated name for the main character.

I thought RageCandyBar raised happiness in Silver version, so I fed Eevee a lot of them. As a result, I did not get Espeon for a long time...
    Hi! I'm shadow/phantomness! I founded Championshipping (Lance x Red).

http://www.geocities.com/shadowphantomness/index.html
    <--- My Page!

I am desperately trying to avoid reading yaoi and yuri, without much success...

A Garchomp Rock Star! garchomprock's Avatar
    Blackthorn city,Johto training dragons and battling clair

in pokemon diamond i knew how to move around but i didn't know how how to walk up the stairs!also i thought the battling would be the cards,which i don't like anymore!
    My platinum team:Infernape lv:100 Empoleon lv:100 Staraptor lv:100 Torterra lv:73 Raichu lv:53 Garachomp lv:50

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

I remember on yellow getting lost in Mt Moon cause it was dark in there and I got lost for 2 or so weeks! I kept getting frustrated because everytime I thought I was getting somewhere, I ended up in a pokemon battle with some wild pokemon and it was annoying me cause practically every other step I was encountering a wild pokemon.

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

The first time I tried to play a Pokemon game (by snagging the Pokemon Red cartridge my little sister owned at the time), I couldn't figure out how to get out of the player character's room. That was frustrating and utterly stupid.

Owner of a shiny Nidoking The King of Nidos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lets see until I played FireRed I only raised my starter. So in Blue I had a level 60+ Blastiose(I was about 6 when I played that game and had no idea how to beat it and gave up when I could not beat the elite four). in Crystal I had a level 100 Typhlosion(he has since Crystal been my favorite starter because I finally started to understand the games in Crystal but I was still too young and naive to think about "strategy"). In Ruby and Sapphire I had a level 50 or higher Marshtomp because once again(well ok I also used the legendary after I caught it). Well it took me until I was 14 but I was opened up my FireRed and put it into my Gameboy advance. It was a bad idea because he is not that good against Misty(he learns metal claw which makes him able to beat Brock). I got really mad and was about to start over when one of my friends told me to just go out and train my other pokemon. I decided to listen to him. After beating her I decided that it is ok to use other Pokemon and I eventually stacked up my team.

Also back in Crystal I tried for hours to get past the guy standing in Silph Co. thinking that there was some secret way around him. I also tried for hours to follow this rumor that if you clicked on the poster at 7 at the gamecorner in the morning on saturday it would allow you into the Rocket base but I eventually gave up on that one.

Blog Entries

You would not believe how many times I have tried to get past people that will not move. Even when friends tell me "how" I still couldn't do it. Yeah, I gave up.

I also fell for, "Hey, did you know you can get 7 Lugias and 7 ho-ohs in Silver and gold respectively?"

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

The Pikashipping Master ashfangirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I spent an hour looking for one of the clowns in Jubilife City when getting the Poketch coupons in Platinum.

Then I spent leik 3 years trying to get the running shoes in the original Red version.

That and trying to get rid of the guy on the ground blocking the path in Viridian City on Firered.

Blog Entries

3 years for running shoes? Wow, you are determined!

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Thinking back on playing Pokemon games in past:

Anyone else have the problem in D/P where you thought the route blocking access to Mt Coronet (the route in snow to get to Spear Pillar) was blocked by grunt and thought you had to do something to make the grunt move? (the one that says ("I'm hopelessly lost! Please don't pay attention to a lowly grunt without any Pokemon!") I had that problem for a long time before I figured out the right route you had to take. (this:)

Also in Sapphire I wondered why I had a lv71 Staryu and it did not evolve and found out I needed a water stone for that but had two ludicolo and no water stone and did not realise you could find shards on certain pokemon to get another stone so I felt stuck without one. (Actually I did not know about shards on pokemon in R/S/E until the other day)

Getting through some Gyms in Sapphire was not easy, like Larvaridge, I kept going through same holes and not ending up at leader. Think Winona I had troube with too (one with the doors you have to move certain way)

Also the sootopolis gym in R/S where you had to walk over ice squares in a certain order to get to leader had major problems with for a long time. It was the squares you had to walk on in right way to get to Wallace I had problems with as I kept falling through them. Took me weeks to get the hang of that part and finally get to leader.

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

I just discovered where to find your friend code in Diamond. Was talking to the nurse constantly being told no-one was registered and wondered why she never thought to say, By the way, this is it.
    Pokèmon HeartGold FC: 0389 1273 1779

Pokèmon Platinum FC: 5327 8127 9003

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast