Would ya join a Wi-Fi league?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would ya join a Wi-Fi league?

Blog Entries

Default Would ya join a Wi-Fi league?

Being the owner of the original, first, Pokémon Wi-Fi league, which I will not name because that would be advertising, which I first opened in June 2006, I wonder: How many of you would actually go to place like that? If there would be Gym Leaders, an Elite Four, and lots of Tournaments. Also, there would be organized trades and member-created Trade Centers, so it would be easy to find and request what you're looking for. If there was a site with all this, who would actually go?
    Last edited by XD375; 25th November 2006 at 08:08 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Well, I'd certainly love to be involved in something like that. It'd certainly allow for more play after the in-game Elite Four, as well as a reason to constantly strive to be better.

Of course, there'd have to be some rules to these things... like, no teams of legendaries, stuff like that. But I'd say at least do something where there's ONE legendary allowed on a person's team.

But a question, may I ask: For the Wi-Fi leaders/Elite Four, would there be a one-type requirement? Or would there be a couple of separate leagues? Heck, biggest question would be, how would you choose who got to be what?

Blog Entries

Through tournaments, battles, etc. I'd also have a couple of extra mods.

And of course there'd be more than one league. Although I'm trying to keep the advertising out of this, I might be able to host this on Bulbagarden, although Archaic hasn't given me a Yes. The winner of a tournament would get a special badge, ensuring there entrance to battle the elites and to enter the league.

And we would have special tournaments, like some for just ubers, some for first stage evos.

And if someone lies about the outcome, I would take care of it in my own way, which I can't post here because people would know how to evade/frame people.

So, now I have one supporter for this original, and already duplicated, idea. Thanks!

you know I was talking about something like this a few days ago with some friends of mine, but it be online and have eveything from the anime and games. lol, its be something like how Final Fantasy 11 is but more pokemon[y] to it.

well I'll love to join this thing of yours. lol oh yea how would you decide who goes first and what not in gym battles and what not if there is more then one person there ? would it be tag teams in this too ?

Blog Entries

Tag team tournaments?

Great idea! Maybe I should go ahead with the suggestions board!

oh yea, for the tag team tournaments how would the prize be split up ?

also would there be things like

4on4 battles ( 2 trainers aginst two other trainers )
    and a way to catch more pokemon or earn them as a victory over someone really strong ( mind you I don't mean their pokemon but one as a egg or something )

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I'm in, but I'm gonna be wary. You see, there was another that I joined and that didn't get off the ground. Mainly because, aside from the "creator," the only members were TTEchidna and I. But yes, I would like to see this in action, I'd love to join!

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Blog Entries

Reminds me of my league before this revival attempt. Three members, one banned, and one was the skin designer. So basically, only I was there for the league.

PS: Hopefully this'll get hosted on Bulbagarden forums! I'm so excited!

By the way, if I open up a trade center board, how many of you would open up your own trade center?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Well, I'd have to figure out how it works, first... As I don't have the Japanese version of either, it'll be a while before I can.

And yeah, with Darkeve and all... Though maybe we could fill some sort of sub-role or something, like Rocket, Magma, Aqua, and Galaxy. I dunno. You know how in the Johto Gym Leader Castle there was that Team Rocket fight in the middle of the bridge, though. So it could be like that.

Hm. This does seem to have quite a bit of support, though.

What would be really awesome to bring back, though, would be something like the Little Cup. Nothing over level 5, nothing that's evolved.

Well, we have about three months or so to get it ready and all of the kinks worked out. That's quite enough time. Now, of course, the main problem is to train our Gen III inhabitants to be ready for it.

Blog Entries

And yeah, with Darkeve and all... Though maybe we could fill some sort of sub-role or something, like Rocket, Magma, Aqua, and Galaxy. I dunno. You know how in the Johto Gym Leader Castle there was that Team Rocket fight in the middle of the bridge, though. So it could be like that.
    That's actually a really good idea. Providing, with the name, we were all willing to train a dark-staple team (I probably wouldn't.) And even then, with a name like darkeye, people would expect the boss to wield a Darkrai. But anyway, we should try to get BOTH clubs up and running seperately first and if all goes well, the newer one could have a Team Darkeye cameo appearance of sorts.

EDIT: While on the subject of names, ideas anyone? I mean we can't call ourselves "Omg Teh Pokemonzzz Wifi Gang" can we?

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    What would be really awesome to bring back, though, would be something like the Little Cup. Nothing over level 5, nothing that's evolved.
    I already planned to revive the tournaments from the Stadium series, seeing as how BR doesn't look as good. There'll also be tournaments where you need to use ubers, and members will eventually be able to host their own tournaments in the "member tournaments" forum.

And, I have Level 100s up my sleeve already.

Team InFidelity. XD

Blog Entries

What?

EDIT: Oh.

Yeah, this is gaining support, with all the pages opened up, other than the Hall of Fame and the League pages which I haven't even given names to because I don't have Elites or Leaders yet.

Blog Entries

There's gonna be one problem for me. The same thing happened with Darkeye. I never train my team past level 75. I dont know why. Maybe I could be a gym leader or something. I wanna participate, but I don't like using Lv. 100s so will there be level-restricted tournaments?

Facebook | Twitter | LJ

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

You never get them to 100? Seriously? Why?

And I dunno if we'd need to be totally type-specific. Heck, even Karen didn't use all Dark-types. Of course, given, this was a time where there were, what, three? Four? And... I'm a bit attached to using a Typhlosion. But I do certainly see quite a few good Dark-types we could each use and still maintain balance on our teams.

A naaaame... hmmm... Um... Quadnovtrinium?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast