Why is Silver so popular among the fandom? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is Silver so popular among the fandom?

Engineer_Jeers02.WAV Mr. Slowpoke's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Why is Silver so popular among the fandom?

Quote Originally Posted by NyaChan View Post
    I don't get where you guys get the idea that rivals have to be mean and stuff. :/ A rival is a person who is competition, no matter how they act. Rival =/= Mean person. Just a person who would push you and give you competition, someone to be better than.
    I used to have that idea when I was younger (before genIII). Me and my cousin used to refer a rival in Pokémon games as a nemisis.

Blog Entries

Because underneath his callous exterior he really only wants to be loved...

Plus that he's super-angstlicious.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

´Cuz he´s a badass.
    Everything is possible in the game of life.

Somewhere near one of the Great Lakes, USA
    Blog Entries

Because he's all dark and full of angst and fangirls love that.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT.

I has a Twitter page

the ultimate fire primate flaming infernape's Avatar
    Spear Pillar, taking over the Torn world and making Sinnoh colder by the minute

I think when I first saw him in the games, I wasn't too fond of Silver (or "???" as I called him in my first game). Now, looking back and feeling a bit of nostalgia, I realise that I like Silver, and back then I enjoyed disliking him.

Silver's the kind of character that you either love or (love to) hate, but it seems lots of people go for the love, if this thread is any indication.

You sir, have just been sweeped.

I think why a lot of people like Silver is because he's a douchebag. (Though I think Blue's a lot more of an ass but I digress.) Personally I don't really care much for Silver. However what I absolutey hate about him is his fanbase.

He's got fanboys/fangirls like Sasuke, Sephiroth, and Snape. (Not that every Silver fan is bad. However, I've seen a lot of really annoying ones.)

Strange is Relative Dewgong Reign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cuz da good girls want bad boys. And when there's a bad boy who actually looks decent, it's like hiring a guy to go paste paper hearts over girls' eyes.

Blog Entries

For the record you guys, the whole "good girls like bad boys" doesn't apply to all girls. Sure, I might think some of 'em are kinda hot, but that doesn't mean I actually WANT them, lol.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

DCM
    Blog Entries

Because he's actually *realistic* :D
    Seriously, who would ever have this immense energy and not use it for personal gain
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it's because he's alot darker and alot more 'adult' than the rest of the characters in the entire in-game universe (with the possible exception of Cyrus, but he's not pretty so he doesn't count.) He's the character that caters to a more mature audience and since the most vocal Pokemon fans on the internet are teens/young adults, that dark edge appeals to them (weather it's in a romantic "he's so hot" kind of way or an idolizing "he's cool" sense.)

When taking into account all of the other characters in all of the games (rivals, assistants, Professors, Gym Leaders, even the evil teams [again, with the exception of Cyrus]) they all seem to range from pretty tame (like Giovanni) to downright huggable (Wally.) Yes, it is a kids game, but that's why it's so much more amazing to find such a dark and edgy character in it. I think that's the reason any way
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

zel

I see a lot more depth in Silver's character than in Green, Brendan/May or Pearl. In my mind, he's a boy who's conflicted about his morals & beliefs - as a kid he was taught to behave one way and yet is looked down upon by many for that very same reason. He was never shown how to truly function as a member of society, and so he often has to resort to physical violence/criminal methods to get what he wants. He's not really sure what his goals are in life, so he focuses on his hatred of Team Rocket above all else, and for a while it is his sole purpose.
    He's a good kid underneath the unappealing persona. It just takes him a while to figure out that hatred & anger aren't the only ways to get what he wants out of life. If that makes any sense.
    He's also my favorite rival due to the whole Giovanni/Silver family dynamic. I realize that Gio is probably the root of most of Silver's problems, and yet... I lovelovelove those two, and I think their relationship is a lot more complicated than we might believe. Maybe I'm just over-invested. IDK.

(Plus, Silver's just adorable. <3)

read my fics @ baticeer.lj

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    I think it's because he's alot darker and alot more 'adult' than the rest of the characters in the entire in-game universe (with the possible exception of Cyrus, but he's not pretty so he doesn't count.) He's the character that caters to a more mature audience and since the most vocal Pokemon fans on the internet are teens/young adults, that dark edge appeals to them (weather it's in a romantic "he's so hot" kind of way or an idolizing "he's cool" sense.)

When taking into account all of the other characters in all of the games (rivals, assistants, Professors, Gym Leaders, even the evil teams [again, with the exception of Cyrus]) they all seem to range from pretty tame (like Giovanni) to downright huggable (Wally.) Yes, it is a kids game, but that's why it's so much more amazing to find such a dark and edgy character in it. I think that's the reason any way
    ^ THIS. Envoy, you are easily among the best-spoken members of Bulbagarden Forums.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

I love how a part of why some people like him is because he is Giovanni's son. If GF were to, say, create a new rival in S/R/E sequel/remake who was supposedly like, team Aquas/Magmas leaders son/daughter, they would probobly not be as respected as Silver:
    1. because they would be new and therefore not hava a pre-existing nostalgia factor
    2. because those 2 corporations were run by delusional idiots
    3. Also, with the way rivals are going, they'd probobly not be as mean as Silver or even as much an a@% as Blue/Green

Just saying.

All intelligent thoughts have already been thought; what is necessary is only to try to think them again.~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hakuna matata

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123