Why do people hate Gen 4 and 5 so much?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Why do people hate Gen 4 and 5 so much?

追放されたバカ

Default Why do people hate Gen 4 and 5 so much?

Seriously why do people think gen 1, 2, 3 and 6 are better than Diamond, Pearl, Black and White? i didn't find any problem with the games and i thought the Pokemon designs were good why do people hate these games so much?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Why do people hate Gen 4 and 5 so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Kool-aid man View Post
    Seriously why do people think gen 1, 2, 3 and 6 are better than Diamond, Pearl, Black and White? i didn't find any problem with the games and i thought the Pokemon designs were good why do people hate these games so much?
    Actualy Gen 3 also recieved a lot of hatred, at least at the time they were released and some years after that but now it seems alot of people love it, it seems a gen gets a lot of love after a bunch of years have passed when at the time of the release they hated it. Also most of the people who hate the newer generations are the so called "Gen 1 Fans" (not gonna use the correct term).

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

Blog Entries

People don't hate any gen more than the others in my opinion. Every gen get's a lot of hate, but it also get's a lot of love.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

It's kinda like a cycle to me. Everyone loves the current gen while it's active, but as soon as the next gen comes out the previous one is awful. I remember BW being very popular, but now with XY out, BW was suddenly the worst gen ever.

(Tbh, I still prefer G5 to G6)
    Xita, Helioptile and 8ther like this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I personally think they're fine. I actually am not a fan of Gen 1 and 3 so much. I do think Gen 4 was "ok" though I admit Sinnoh and it's Pokemon weren't my favorites. I much enjoyed Gen 5 though. Many interesting Pokemon, the sequels, and mechanics like Seasons made it a favorite for me.

Blog Entries

I honestly don't see much hate OR love for gen 4. (I call it the "perfectly average generation.") Though, I don't see quite as much for gen 5 (my fav to this day) as much as disinterest nowadays. A lot of older gen fans are going to target the newest gen because either they were used to the last one or because it's relevant enough to get mad at. However, I don't see much of this "Newest Gen Hate" with XY. Probably with all the older 'mons and flashy lining.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 8th November 2013 at 10:24 PM.

Blog Entries

As Norzan and Rainbow said, it's a cycle. Believe it or not Gen III use to be the black sheep of Pokemon, now people are going "HOENN CONFIRMED!" whenever Hoenn is mentioned.

In a couple of years people will be calling Gen IV will be "The Best Gen Evar!!!".

Blog Entries

We've come full circle.

追放されたバカ

Do the circle applies to all the hate on the new gen 4 and 5 designs are getting?

Blog Entries

I think I stopped liking gen 3 as soon as 4 came out, but i didnt like black and white and then i saw the female character from BW2 and i was like best game ever!

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

This is the first time I've heard people hating on Gen 5 O.o So people already forgot N...

I haven't seen much hate for Gen 4 but I have seen a decent amount for Gen 5. My only opinion on why generation 5 or the previous generation to the latest game would get hate is because sometimes it could get compared to a newer and better game? So some people might be comparing gen 5 to gen 6. Just a thought. I really don't hate any generation myself all have their up's and downs.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    This is the first time I've heard people hating on Gen 5 O.o So people already forgot N...
    you'lled be shocked at how many people hated gen 5 in fact there are some users here who hates gen 5

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

i thought gen 4 was fairly boring; didn't like sinnoh much as a region, most of the new mons didn't interest me
    i thought the gen 5 storyline was a bit silly but i liked most of the new pokemon
    i don't like some of the new mechanics implemented in gen 6 but that's just me

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kool-aid man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    you'lled be shocked at how many people hated gen 5 in fact there are some users here who hates gen 5
    I can understand the hate for Gen4, but Gen5? With BW1 and BW2 combined, you get the best plot, most lengthy story, best antagonist (N), lots of things to do post-game (BW2 and its various features), a region based in New York City, various version exclusive features, and the Global Link with Dream World. I can understand hating the Gen5 ANIME, but the games were seriously epic - where is this hate coming from?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast