Why do people call her Leaf? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do people call her Leaf?

Default Re: Why do people call her Leaf?

Well, for whatever reason they call her Leaf, I don't think it's that bad of a name... it can give you nice ideas. I once tried to picture her character in my mind, imagining her story and stuff like that. I came up with Leaf being a shortened version of her nickname "Razor Leaf" (which is a pretty badass one) and her real name being unknown. Er... was that odd? Her name inspired me. Yeah, I know, I'm weird. Just ignore me.

Lost in the numbers :S Jacko19863's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ya know, That kinda makes sense. Who wouldnt want a badass name like Razor Leaf.. Right?

I would say that Leaf is because of LeafGreen, to avoid confusion on the fact of Blue Oak/Ookido Green. Simple as that...

Also, on a semi-related note, Blue is not Terry probably because of GSC (consequently HGSS) canon having solidified a name for this rival for several years now.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Game name-wise, I always called her Leaf or Green and the rival as Blue (though I mostly refer to him as Gary, lawl). I don't see what's wrong with calling her Leaf, it doesn't seem al lthat awkward to me.

I'm new to these forums but in all truthfulness the original characters are Red who started by getting a bulbasaur then his rival was prof. Ookidos or prof. Oak grandson Ookido Green and the third character was the girl Blue who stole squirtle. It's in the original manga but when the games were released in the states because red and blue version came out first people mistook Ookido green for blue because of blue version somehow the name stuck in the states but if you go to any Japanese based site and type out Ookido green you will find who we in the states know as Gary oak or blue just highly annoyed and had to post this about the characters names being redone

Follow SONICバリヤ On Twitter
    Visit SONICバリヤ's Youtube Channel

I like the name Leaf, I just wish there was more artwork of her...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kajitatsu31 View Post
    I'm new to these forums but in all truthfulness the original characters are Red who started by getting a bulbasaur then his rival was prof. Ookidos or prof. Oak grandson Ookido Green and the third character was the girl Blue who stole squirtle. It's in the original manga but when the games were released in the states because red and blue version came out first people mistook Ookido green for blue because of blue version somehow the name stuck in the states but if you go to any Japanese based site and type out Ookido green you will find who we in the states know as Gary oak or blue just highly annoyed and had to post this about the characters names being redone
    Red did not start with a bulbasaur, based off the levels he has in Gen 2/4 it's likely that Pikachu was his starter.

Stop mixing game canon with the canon of the Pokemon Special manga.

Blog Entries

Pretty sure she's called Leaf because some internal data for リーフ (Leaf) is found in the games for her character.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123