The same team Red uses in Silver/Gold, just with different moves, in yellow. You gotta admit, it's pretty effective.
I don't remember, but I often used (in Yellow) one Charizard, one Venusaur, one Blastoise, and one Pikachu at the same time. And Mew. And probably Mewtwo. And I think I used the three birds a lot as well.
I remember I once challenged the Elite Four in Red with multiple MissingNo.s... all over level 100.
SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872
- Dragonite is a must. With a Wrap/Hyperbeam/Swords Dance combo. I knew that since the first time I played and saw Wrap just hitting and hitting. I gave it Ice beam though...
Still my favorite pokémon back then. I evolve it from Dratini once it learns Hyper Beam.
- Vileplume. Worst choice of grass type, but eh. Evolve with Petal Dance.
- Dugtrio. I taught it Fissure, which I spammed. Evolve ASAP
- Vaporeon. Favorite eeveelution at the time. Evolve ASAP
- Ninetales. Favorite fire type at the time. I often don't know WHEN to evolve it, I generally wait until around the time Gloom does, or it is getting hard for it to continue.
- Bonus extra slot for the starter, who will lead. Again, I evolve it slowly.
This team has always been somewhat consistant. Unless I'm playing a romhack that adds interesting changes. (Which I most likely am, otherwise it's stupid.)
Alternate/in reserve: Marowak, Starmie (which I forgot it evolved with a water stone). I never have a team of just six pokemon, you know.