What's your beef with fourth gen.? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What's your beef with fourth gen.?

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's your beef with fourth gen.?

Well, they tried to help cope with it with the Gym leader rematches being a lot more handy and the E4 getting a FRLG-style upgrade and all, but yes, the Johto levels are indeed crap. Not that this isn't always a problem in Pokemon games, but it's always weird for Route 1 trainers to have higher-level Pokemon than the strongest trainer from Johto (sans Lance).

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

My only beef with Gen 4 is lack of Fire types, and how gimped the Diamond and Pearl Sinnoh Dex was.

Fire types are my favorite, and seeing that there were only like 5 of them available pre-national dex. 3 of which were the starter, and 2 of which was a Gen I monster, and since when I play I like to have a fire type, and use the new guys first, that's sort of a problem for me. But, Chimchar actually turned out to be one of my favorites this Gen, so it was forgiven.

As for the Dex itself. I often wonder why the new evos of Magmar, Magnemite, Eevee, Tangela, Swinub and Porygon to name a few were only accessible until after you beat the game in D/P. I thought that was kind of a waste considering that those guys were new. I'm actually glad that Platinum fixed that and added all the new monsters introduced in this Generation into the pre-national dex part of the game.

Blog Entries

I don't know if this has been stated yet, but my biggest beef has and always will be the lack of PC storage for items. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that I have unlimited on-hand inventory space now, but I absolutely HATE having to go through several dozen items just to find the one I'm looking for. I'm not sure if they brought it back in B/W or not, but if they didn't, I'm done with the series.

...Okay, yeah, that's a lie. I'm a whore for all things Pokemon. ;-; Still, I'll be pissed.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that I have unlimited on-hand inventory space now, but I absolutely HATE having to go through several dozen items just to find the one I'm looking for.
    This...especially with all those hold items that I don't use much (but yet don't want to sell).

Most of my complaints have been already mentioned - lack of VS Seeker in HG/SS and the Voltorb Flip (+ no way of buying Game Coins at all in HG/SS).

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Mostly stuff from HG/SS, but I think the biggest annoyance of the forth gen, and perhaps even the entire series, is that god forsaken PokeGear. And not because it's largely inferior to the genius Vs Seeker it replaced, but because it never shuts the fuck up. Every 2 minutes that awful ringing sound starts up, with nothing more than some mindless NPC twat on the other end, just itching to tell me about how their Metapod has a rash or how they fail at catching Ratattas or common colds. It's kind of funny the first time, but the second time you just wish there was an off switch.

Christian Brutal Sniper! Dark Tranquillity's Avatar
    The Gallery, walking amongst the portraits. Where every picture holds a tale.

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioGirl View Post
    Yeah, I know these are only for D/P, but anyways:
    -Amity Square. They wouldn't let Ninja, my Lucario, enter in when he was a Riolu TT_TT
    -The newspaper guy in Solaceon Town who expects you to get "Area Unknown" Pokémon in ONE DAY!!!!
    -Candice's gym. It was a living heck trying to get to her DX
    -The guy blocking my way to Sunyshore City at Lake Valor
    -Me getting Girafarig or Hippopota's cry stuck in my head
    -Stirring poffins. Hurts my hands.
    -Having your character walk in below freezing weather in just a scarf and a hat. It's probably worse with Dawn, though....
    -Lack of Fire types
    Responses to the bolded statements:

1.) Similar thing happened to me. He expected me to bring him a togekiss to him that exact same day? Uh-uh, that ain't happening, Sally!

2.) Ugh, I know! I actually needed to find a guide to help me get to her.
    SS FC: 4984 7968 7958, Pt. FC: 2666 0837 1829
    Name for both: Ben, White FC: 1978 9611 8922 Name: Alexi

Claims:
    Force Palm, Nidoqueen, Maylene, Old Chateau, Magma Leader, Magmarizer, Great Ball, Heavy Metal

Fun fact:
    TM28 contains Tombstony!

"My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic" fans unite!
    http://www.everypony.com/forums/forum.php

Blog Entries

Well, Gen 4 has been a great Generation, but there are plenty things to nitpick:

DP: -the selection of Pokémon. Many new evos of old Pokémon were great but you couldn't use them until AFTER the E4 most of the time. Meh.

DPPt: -the contest weren't as interesting as they used to be.
    The styling concept was a good idea, but the higher levels consisted of putting a bunch of stuff randomly on the pokémon within the timelimit...lame. The dancing felt broken and the appeal section wasn't as strategical as in RSE.

- The honeytrees...it took too much time for the pokémon to appear. the low percentages of good Pokémon on these trees didn't help.

- the secret bases. RSE had MUCH better secret bases.

HGSS: - no VS Seeker, although I kinda liked the phone-rematches for gymleaders ( but why did they put some gymleaders into the morning timeframe? I go to the university! I am sleeping in the morning! :p ).

- even with the new safarizone and the Pokéwalker, some Pokémon were still too late into the game for my taste. I like a complete team of 6 before the 6th gym, or the 7th gym at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Mostly stuff from HG/SS, but I think the biggest annoyance of the forth gen, and perhaps even the entire series, is that god forsaken PokeGear. And not because it's largely inferior to the genius Vs Seeker it replaced, but because it never shuts up. Every 2 minutes that awful ringing sound starts up, with nothing more than some mindless NPC twat on the other end, just itching to tell me about how their Metapod has a rash or how they fail at catching Ratattas or common colds. It's kind of funny the first time, but the second time you just wish there was an off switch.
    Or how like they were walking down the road and was startled by some Pokemon,and fell....but it's okay, their pokemon they were walking with broke their fall with its body...
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!