What's your beef with fourth gen.? - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's your beef with fourth gen.?

The Stray Veteran Pokemon Blazing Charmander's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's your beef with fourth gen.?

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Red View Post
    Platinum moves at a swift pace for me. o.o What is this supposed slow-frame-rate everyone is mentioning? I've played Emerald/Ruby, and Platinum, and never noticed a difference. ._.
    The main problem is in Diamond and Pearl, where the battling interface and animations are sluggish to say the least. What is meant to be a quick training session soon turns into a boring and repetitive slog. This definitely improved from Platinum onwards, but I have noticed that the overworld in the 4th Gen doesn't run as smoothly as it does in previous Gens, which is probably because of the pseudo-3D engine. There is a noticeable lag in big cities such as Hearthome and Goldenrod, for example.
    "My Dream..."

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Defog. Extremely long saving time. few fire-types (at least in dppt) too many evolutions of existing pokemon. The battle motions were a lot slower. Team Galactic were annoying as hell. And the girl player character in HgSs calling you every 5 minutes talking about some incredibly pointless stuff that completely destroys the amazing Nostalgia mood while playing the remakes.
    Last edited by GatoRage; 14th February 2011 at 03:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow TeraDyne On Twitter Add TeraDyne on Facebook
    Visit TeraDyne's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    The main problem is in Diamond and Pearl, where the battling interface and animations are sluggish to say the least. What is meant to be a quick training session soon turns into a boring and repetitive slog. This definitely improved from Platinum onwards, but I have noticed that the overworld in the 4th Gen doesn't run as smoothly as it does in previous Gens, which is probably because of the pseudo-3D engine. There is a noticeable lag in big cities such as Hearthome and Goldenrod, for example.
    DP is the only noticable example of this, I've found. Plat fixes some of the lag. HGSS flows absolutely smoothly in battle.

As for overworld, it's nothing compared to a certain upcoming set of games. After switching back to SoulSilver, and even Diamond, the overworld feels very fluid.

My only personal beef with fourth gen is that they didn't extend it another few years, and space out the games a bit more. Two years per game would have been nice.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Voltorb Flip
    The innability to buy coins in HGSS
    Shiny Checks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StaticSky View Post
    pretty much how your only fire type choices were between
    chimchar's line or ponytas
    Well that suckish thing was fixd in Platinum thankfully

But another problem was waiting for a super long time to get a honey tree pokemon.

Nemo me impune lacessit Dialgarules's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate the new Game Corner in HGSS. It takes forever to get coins because I suck at that game xD. The prizes aren't very good either.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dialgarules View Post
    I hate the new Game Corner in HGSS. It takes forever to get coins because I suck at that game xD. The prizes aren't very good either.
    The prizes are exactly the same as DPPt, unless you meant all the prizes for the whole generation aren't very good.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Easy. Way too many new pokemon and evolutions at once and they like gave you 20 legendaries in that one game.

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu200 View Post
    But another problem was waiting for a super long time to get a honey tree pokemon.
    Crap, how the hell could I have forgotten that? Completely wasteful-ass piece of shit feature reminiscent of watching paint dry with no gusto. I must've piled that shit all over a dozen trees for Munchlax and Burmy before I gave up.

DCM
    Blog Entries

It was boring. The story never really gripped me, and the new pokemon kinda sucked. It seemed like they were trying to pull from their roots too much.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshi View Post
    Crap, how the hell could I have forgotten that? Completely wasteful-ass piece of shit feature reminiscent of watching paint dry with no gusto. I must've piled that shit all over a dozen trees for Munchlax and Burmy before I gave up.
    I just said screw this and waited until I could get the hold item for Snorlax so I can hatch a Munchlax. And to migrate to get a Heracross

BUT HOW IN THE HELL DID BARRY GET THE HERACROSS AND MUNCHLAX

I just said screw this and waited until I could get the hold item for Snorlax so I can hatch a Munchlax. And to migrate to get a Heracross

I don't know why GameFreak made it soooo hard to catch a Munchlax! It was easier to find Dialga the freakin' master of TIME!!!!

Like many others said:
    -lack of VS seeker in HGSS
    -lack of fire types in DP
    -framerate
    -how in HGSS you don't see the other starter (if you chose Cyndaquil, you never see a Chikorita, so you can't look for it on the GTS)
    -in HGSS it is impossible to see Glameow, Stunky, Sinnoh starters, and some other Sinnoh exclusive pokes
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

Another thing I hate is the Union Room, specifically for trading. Loading... enter room, loading other trainer sprite... talk to other trainer, loading conversation... ask for trade, loading trade screen...trade, load individual trade...

That's horrible, I will never get my Pokemon to my transfer game in time for BW release.

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

His dad smuggled those Pokemon's parents out of the Battle Tower and bred them for him. :P

All jokes aside, I always did think that was a huge-ass cop-out. Oh, and good going mentioning Lyra having nothing to do with the storyline other than standing around making comments or handing items when she could've easily received the remaining starter and been actually fightable at least once.

Levels in HG/SS. They had the chance to fix it, but... just ignored it completely. ._.

Yeah, that's about it. Everything else (that I can think of) was absolutely perfect, imo.

Thanks to Demotei of the SPPf for the perfect sprite~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast