What's the deal with Danger Anticipate?

Thread: What's the deal with Danger Anticipate?

Default What's the deal with Danger Anticipate?

I know that the Danger Anticipate ability "predicts super-effective" attacks, but can someone clarify this for me?

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    On the Continent Of Wild Endeavor.
    Blog Entries

Good, question, I wanna know, too. Does it tell you before you select an attack, or before your pokemon or your opponents actually attacks?

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

From what I've heard, the way Danger Anticipate works is that upon sending your Pokémon into battle, it tells you if the opposing Pokémon has a super-effective attack, but it does not tell you what the attack is.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

Pokémon Capture Expert paperfairy's Avatar
    Manchester, Connecticut

That's.... not very useful. It could be something to worry about (Psychic) or something like Rest, which is a Psychic type move... and would be super effective.... if it dealt damage.

don't like something? fix it. stop complaining about it.

Hopefully this ability is triggered if the Pokemon has an attack, and not just some support move...

This is the only scenario where this ability comes useful. Let's say you have a Dokuroggu (poison/fighting) against the opponent's lucario (steel/fighting). As demonstrated by the D/P champion, Lucario can learn Psychic. You are forewarned because of the ability.

Of course, I try not to use double weakness monsters, with some exceptions, (altaria, salamence, rayquaza... how can one resist?) so this doesn't apply to me.