What would Pokemon Snap 2 be like? - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What would Pokemon Snap 2 be like?

Blog Entries

Default Re: A Pokemon Snap sequel is overdue

Quote Originally Posted by roxas_strife View Post
    The complaint your making here is the content, correct? If so, then why would you complain about a sequel?
    I'm not complaining about anything. I'm simply trying to point out that Snap wasn't this masterpiece of gaming history like a lot of the posts around here seem to imply. Yes, it was fun, and I loved playing it when I got it, but let's not oversell the thing, guys.

The claim that it would be possible to make a new and better game with today's tech is laughable for two reasons. First and foremost, it's a completely redundant argument. Of course it's possible to make a better game with today's tech. That's pretty much the nature of the gaming industry, and really, technology in general. If I spent all that money to buy a Wii just to find out that the games on it weren't any different than what I was playing on my old N64, I'd be pretty fucking pissed off.

Secondly, it implies that the original game's faults lie solely with the tech available at the time of it's release. Might I remind you that Snap was on the same system as gaming legends like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and 007: Golden Eye. Not only that, it came out after both those games. I'll tell you this right now, if they did release a new Snap game, with better graphics, more Pokemon, and more maps, but keeping the same "It's a Small World" gameplay, I'd be making the same comments.

Um, why? They release plenty of boring console games. Give me PBR for all it's faults (which I seem to be missing most of them because people seem to think it was a lot worse than I thought it was... I actually think it's kind of fun) or another Stadium game could be even better. If they were to make something not battle oriented though I'd rather it be something with a load of minigames, not something that comes across as a large, boring minigame. Go play My Pokemon Ranch, you can have fun watching Pokemon do stuff with little or no interaction from you since you seem to find that fun.

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff View Post
    Um, why? They release plenty of boring console games. Give me PBR for all it's faults (which I seem to be missing most of them because people seem to think it was a lot worse than I thought it was... I actually think it's kind of fun) or another Stadium game could be even better. If they were to make something not battle oriented though I'd rather it be something with a load of minigames, not something that comes across as a large, boring minigame. Go play My Pokemon Ranch, you can have fun watching Pokemon do stuff with little or no interaction from you since you seem to find that fun.
    PBR is pretty much the Gen IV equivalent of Stadium.

GIMP noob

Quote Originally Posted by batmon View Post
    PBR is pretty much the Gen IV equivalent of Stadium.
    I dunno, I never got my hands on an N64 and therefore never got to play the Stadium games. I just know that everyone says that it's too lacking to count as one.

stomach hurts... RainbowMoondust's Avatar
    West side of the U.S. That's all you get to know.
    Blog Entries

I was so disapointed that it had so few pokemon. We so need one with a few hundred pokemon.
    Disclaimer: I am on the autism spectrum, and I have ADHD. If I say something rude, I mean no harm. When telling me rules, it's important to be clear and detailed. Thanks for your time.
    My URPG stats I'm a ranger.

Attention Fellow Pokeshippers: I'm writing a pokeshipping fic series of connected one-shots called Rage of the Elements. Please read and comment! [New part posted Dec 9]

My pokeshipping drabbles

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

Aw I used to love playing Snap! And with all the Pokemon released since then, how good would a sequal be?

stomach hurts... RainbowMoondust's Avatar
    West side of the U.S. That's all you get to know.
    Blog Entries

Awesome.
    Disclaimer: I am on the autism spectrum, and I have ADHD. If I say something rude, I mean no harm. When telling me rules, it's important to be clear and detailed. Thanks for your time.
    My URPG stats I'm a ranger.

Attention Fellow Pokeshippers: I'm writing a pokeshipping fic series of connected one-shots called Rage of the Elements. Please read and comment! [New part posted Dec 9]

My pokeshipping drabbles

Default Pokemon Snap 2

Okay, i'm not sure if this is the right place for this so please move if appropriate.
    With the anime and the games usually connected in some ways (such as Dawn getting a Cyndaquil for HG/SS) I think that with the introduction of Shooti, a pokemon photographer, this could mean a long awaited sequel to Pokemon Snap. After all the last major photographer in the game, Todd Snap, was put in the anime because of the release of Pokemon Snap. What do you think, is this plausible?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Snap 2

Now that you mention it, I think that's a pretty valid reason and your theory certainly is reasonable. But then it poses the question - why, when Pokemon Snap was oh-so popular and successful, would they wat this long to create a sequel title for it?

Follow Marik On Twitter Add Marik on Facebook
    Visit Marik's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Snap 2

That makes... sense... YES!

Blog Entries

Default Re: What would Pokemon Snap 2 be like?

No less than five threads on this already.

Merged.
    Last edited by TM2-Megatron; 26th August 2010 at 12:38 PM.

Pokémon Snap! was the first Pokémon game I ever played, Pokémon Blue for Gameboy being the 2nd.

I loved that game. I was always disappointed that it never panned out, and became an abandoned experiment. I'd love to see a Pokémon Snap! 2 game.

Blog Entries

Mystery Dungeon will always be the best spinoff in my mind, and I don't like Snap! to much, but I'm willing to be a good sport for the fans.

Avatar by Banebuu. Licky by Larxion. Banner by Sayi.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    No less than five threads on this already.
    That is quite a lot.

All I know is that the next Pokemon Snap should be on the DSi.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

The 3DS would be a better platform, at this point. Plus the stereoscopic 3-D aspect might actually make for more realistic photography. With the perceived depth to the screen, elements like proper focus/etc. would be more important to the game.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast