What would Pokemon Snap 2 be like? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would Pokemon Snap 2 be like?

Default Re: Pokemon Snap 2

I would be content if they don't even have all of the current Pokemon, as long as they get all of the Ledgendaries and a Pokemon from each evolution family I would be fine. I would prefer it be on the Wii, they could utilize the control better and I like console games better.

As long as Todd isn't in the sequel. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Plato View Post
    Pokemon Snap was one of the few games I never got the privelege to play unfortunately, though the premise looks great. Only thing is, there has been 3 generations worth of Pokemon released and unveiled, meaning either the game will be rather massive or there would be a lot of areas to hold them all. Still, I wouldn't complain at that.
    you can download an N64 emulator and download it.

Or just get it on the Wii >_>

I don't think all the Pokemon should be in it, I always find it annoying when we go to a spin-off region and suddenly all 493 Pokemon are available in it when they aren't in the main series. Just take like 200-250 species that best suits the region.

I don't see the Wii remote bringing in that much of a revolutionary gameplay. The only thing I can see with it is an option for you to automatically zoom your camera in where the cursor is pointing at and adjusting with the control stick. And there could be the classic game play where you just use the normal control schemes.

I see the control scheme being something like this

D-Pad
    -Special items like the pester ball, bait, pokeflute and whatever

B-Button
    -Camera mode

A-Button
    -Snap shots

Z-Button
    -Engine Boost

C-Button
    -Yet another item?

Joy Stick
    -Moving the camera around

Pointer Feature
    -Automatically focuses the camera in the area the cursor is pointed at

Also to the person who said this should be a Wiiware game...

...How much memory are they allowed to use for Wiiware? I doubt you'd get a good Snap sequel on it. I do however want a couple of these features for whenever Snap 2 comes out:

• The ability to update the game's software so that when new Pokemon are introduced, we can just update it or shuffle the Pokemon within the game.
    • The ability to save the pictures on SD cards so I can use it as my avatar on Bulbagarden :3
    • Picture contests?
    Last edited by The Outrage; 1st July 2009 at 12:40 AM.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Well, isn't there a new console game in the works? I wouldn't put it past these guys to bring back Pokemon Snap, considering the wii's features.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

More likely they'd be working on PBR2 (hopefully not) or Colo3 type games.

I'd prefer this over another Stadium type game or a Colo3. Revolution is still compatible with the generation, and Colo3 would be nice but I don't really know if I would get it but I know I'd get a Snap sequel if it came out.

Blog Entries

It does seem weird that after all this time we still don’t have Pokémon Snap 2, especially since with the Nintendo Wii. I mean the Wiimote would make a good pointer as the camera. It’s weird, but in the early days of Pokémon’s HUGE Popularity Nintendo was more willing to take risk with the Pokémon license with games like Snap, the Trading Card videogame, Puzzle League, Pinball, etc.

Nowadays, it’s all about the main RPGs, Remake of the old main RPGs, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, and half-assed console games so that players can play their new-gen Pokémon on a Nintendo console, when there should be a true successor to Stadium (sorry, but I really dislike Battle Revolution).

Blog Entries

I love playing this. //plays it now on his N64

Also, if they were to make it a DS game, I am sure they'd make use of the DSi camera. Somehow........

I really liked the original Pokèmon Snap, but with all the new Pokèmon around I wouldn't be that interested in a sequel.

I also really don't like the wiimote. Some weird camera-shaped "skin" for the thing would help, but it seems like every other Wii game out there has some peripheral or add-on to clutter the place up with.

If you're a BurningLeafShipper, let me know that I'm not alone. People who've messaged me so far: 10

Default A Pokemon Snap sequel is overdue

It would be so easy for them to make one. It has a simple enough formula. You just include more environments/paths, items, expressions, events, and Pokemon. They would expend resources on something as bad as Battle Revolution, but not on a Pokemon Snap game that would be right at home on the Wii. It's a downright shame. :/

Default Re: A Pokemon Snap sequel is overdue

I really miss Snap also, it was just too short. I beat it and got perfect Mew shot in two days, so they best make it longer if there is a sequal

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

You aren't the only one who wants one.

I liked the game and I would like a sequel. But there isn't really any major reason for one.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Boy View Post
    You aren't the only one who wants one.

I liked the game and I would like a sequel. But there isn't really any major reason for one.
    There is when you compare earlier Pokemon console games with the ones they have now. It was a moderately successful game, more successful than some of the newer ones even. Nintendo loves an easy cash-in. It would certainly be one, but it holds a lot of potential to be a really good one. It's one of the funnest Pokemon titles I can think of, if not just because you genuinely get to see the Pokemon in action, without the awful anime's plot accompanying it. Can you say it wasn't a game you found very rewarding?

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P Togechu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A Pokemon Snap sequel needs to happen! It's short, yes, but it is still fun, darnit!

I'm starting a petition in my neighborhood for Pokemon Snap 2:Retake!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast