What should be in Platina - the wishlist - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What should be in Platina - the wishlist

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    Being able to copy pokemon from Gen III games without actually removing them from the game... just copy their data and send that across so you don't have to worry.
    That won't happen. Then people would be able to migrate the same pokemon tons of times.

A Gym Battle Rematch,to train the Pokemon >=(
    Or Ash as a playable Chara x__x

Shoddy>Wifi

Glacierr Island's Terror Mountain! *Bwahaha*

I could see re-matches in gyms happening, but I seriously doubt the Ash thing.

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Oh, yeah, forgot about the migrate thing, you would be able to continually send same pokemon if they were copied....

the ultimate fire primate flaming infernape's Avatar
    Spear Pillar, taking over the Torn world and making Sinnoh colder by the minute

^Actually, you can already sorta do that in Emerald

To add in a few extras to my list...
    -one extra referance to GSC: the chance to capture a guarenteed shiny(doesn't nesessarily have to be a gyrados, just something)
    -be able to find out what's behind those two rooms in the poke-mansion (even if you don't get anything out of it)
    -have a way to switch between Giratina's forms
    -add something else to the ribbon society
    -if sinnoh will have more snow to go with its cooling, then an extra option on your bike that will be like a snow-mobile, it'll go as fast as the 3rd gear and can only ride on snow.
    -make catching/finding shinies a little easier to get. Some examples:
    >Very (very) rarely, there will be a news report on TV talking about an outbreak of shinies on a certain route. For the rest of that day, you will have a 50% chance of finding a shiny of any pokemon on that route
    >if you breed a shiny with a non-shiny, there will be a 10% chance the offspring will be shiny, while a shiny+shiny will make a 25% chance

Quote Originally Posted by flaming infernape View Post
    ^Actually, you can already sorta do that in Emerald

To add in a few extras to my list...
    -one extra referance to GSC: the chance to capture a guarenteed shiny(doesn't nesessarily have to be a gyrados, just something)
    -be able to find out what's behind those two rooms in the poke-mansion (even if you don't get anything out of it)
    -have a way to switch between Giratina's forms
    -add something else to the ribbon society
    -if sinnoh will have more snow to go with its cooling, then an extra option on your bike that will be like a snow-mobile, it'll go as fast as the 3rd gear and can only ride on snow.
    -make catching/finding shinies a little easier to get. Some examples:
    >Very (very) rarely, there will be a news report on TV talking about an outbreak of shinies on a certain route. For the rest of that day, you will have a 50% chance of finding a shiny of any pokemon on that route
    >if you breed a shiny with a non-shiny, there will be a 10% chance the offspring will be shiny, while a shiny+shiny will make a 25% chance
    That's not rare. Shinies would loose more meaning than they lost with the WiFi cloning if they were to be found sto freakin' easily. 1% at Breeding at most. And the TV event is really too good, so, no thanks. :P As for GSC reference; one things I would love to be cleared. The fact that GSC takes place before DPP. For crying out loud. And I want a sort of connection with RSE. Having Hoenn again would be too much to ask, I suppose. But on the Battle Frontier (Island, whatever), I would be more than happy to see Ruby and Sapphire, in their BF clothes! (Oh yes, I'm dreaming. :P)

Blog Entries

I would like more varying weather come into play, like maybe some sunlight, a more rain? (Since it is going to be fall in the game). I was hoping they were going to make Dawn wear pants this time, due to the climate change, but she still kept the skirt. Woe.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. ~ Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

isometric 3d graphics should be in it so it can take advantage of the ds's 3d features.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

would being able to see yourself flying on a pokemon to a location work? If so, that would be cool, and used ds 3D features.Be like seeing locations on intro or something, neat.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

So I just thought of another thing: when you teach a Pokemon Hidden Power, the little box that shows you what element a moves is should change to the type of Hidden Power your pokemon has so you don't have to run around using IV calculators or battling random pokemon until you figure it out. For example, if a pokemon has Hidden Power Dark, it should show up as a Dark-type move, Hidden Power Grass should show up as a Grass-type move, etc.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

I know this might be impossible as it is probably one of their trademarks but, PLEASE get rid of the annoying beeping when the pokemon are in red. I hate it a lot. Yes I know I should heal, but I can't heal in the middle of a trainer battle or it will get knocked out. Stop beeping at me! Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    would being able to see yourself flying on a pokemon to a location work? If so, that would be cool, and used ds 3D features.Be like seeing locations on intro or something, neat.
    That wouldn't be a very good idea, because the entire point of Fly is to get around very quickly, and that would make it take a while, especially if you were flying to places far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_Dragonite View Post
    So I just thought of another thing: when you teach a Pokemon Hidden Power, the little box that shows you what element a moves is should change to the type of Hidden Power your pokemon has so you don't have to run around using IV calculators or battling random pokemon until you figure it out. For example, if a pokemon has Hidden Power Dark, it should show up as a Dark-type move, Hidden Power Grass should show up as a Grass-type move, etc.
    We can just battle a trainer that use Kecleon, but still it is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Windfall View Post
    That wouldn't be a very good idea, because the entire point of Fly is to get around very quickly, and that would make it take a while, especially if you were flying to places far apart.
    What they can do is to ask a question before the pokemon start flying like "Fly Fast or Travel? Or just put it in the options, so that we can choose to fly fast or travel through the sky.

Maybe bring back dive as a TM? And you can't use it as normal dive the way you did in gen III unless there was dive zones.

And as for the fly thing, I just thought of a few second clip of showing trainer flying as they enter the town and land at pokemon center of that town.

Nobody wants the Pokemon League to be an actual tournament?

Going through all that trouble just to fight the Elite Four has always disappointed me.
    I would much prefer if there were knockout stages against other NPC trainers that you had to beat.
    Four example it could start with sixteen trainers including the player.
    The winners keep going through to the next round.
    The winner of the final in this mini-tournament would be the Champion.
    Maybe you could even have to defend your Champion title from other challengers?
    ie: You receive a call or something that says "In X days there will be a new League Tournament."
    If you don't show up for it and win you lose your Champion status.
    Maybe...

I think the Elite Four should be people you have to find after you've won the league.
    That would make them more 'elite' in the sense that they would be above the league.

Another thing that I would really like is for proper battle animation.
    Two-dimensional sprites are incredibly lame in this day and age.
    Proper 3D sprites and proper animations to go with the moves, like a Final Fantasy game.
    Can't be too hard, can it?

The third thing I would like would be for trainers to level-up as you progress through the game at the same rate you do.
    Their pokemon could be at the average level of your team or something.
    That would be more challenging, I think.

Other than these, I really agree with the rematch and changeable outfits.
    I want new clothes for my lovely trainer!!!

--EDIT more wishes--
    The 'cry' feature on the Pokedex? What is it for?
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it IS totally useless, isn't it?
    Maybe it could be used as a lure for wild pokemon.
    Say you're looking for some elusive beast that only appears rarely.
    Use the Cry for that pokemon in the right area and it is more likely to be fought for a few minutes.
    After that few minutes you have to do the cry again.

Ah! Got that all off my chest.
    :D
    Last edited by Helios; 19th June 2008 at 01:43 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast