What kind of pokemon game do you want Nintendo to make?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of pokemon game do you want Nintendo to make?

Blog Entries

Question What kind of pokemon game do you want Nintendo to make?

Mostly I'm curious about what other people want to see in a pokemon game. Sure most of us want custom trainers and a G/S/C re-make, but do you want anything new in a gameplay? Or have some other request?

I always wanted a contest - like spin off, when you already start off wanting to become a coordinator, and the contest halls would be like gyms or something. It would allow contest to become more challenging and have more stages. (Heck, I don't really like contest myself, but this might be interesting).
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. ~ Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled

Blog Entries

You can play with Ash,and start a journey with friends (XD) Perhaps like the story in the TV /=...

Shoddy>Wifi

None. Game Freak and the developers of the "spinoffs" are doing a good job. No need for games developed by Nintendo.

Does Real Love exist..... Vampire_Lord's Avatar

I would also want a game with good graphic (like in ps3) and be able to revive the moments of Ash when he first started his journey till now with all the scenes in the anime pokemon............

This really long post says it all.
    Creator of StarCalc Ultimate Pokémon Calculator

Look at my ideas for future Pokémon games here!

SAVE VMK! Click here for details!

Yawn.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi95 View Post
    You can play with Ash,and start a journey with friends (XD) Perhaps like the story in the TV /=...
    I think a game like the TV series would be cool too. Like being able to have a limit for the number of Pokemon in battles(like 2 vs 2) etc.

Blog Entries

I may be starting to sound like a broken record, but what I'd like to see is a game that abandons the idealistic campiness of the series and takes Pokémon into a more adult and realistic world, where someone's more likely to express their anger by breaking your nose rather than challenging you to a Pokémon battle. I was a fan of the ten-year-old characters when I was ten myself, but now I'm an adult, and I'd like to think that the series will eventually mature with me. I recognize that current ten-year-olds are important to them, too, but I'd like them to do something for the older fans.

Blog Entries

One where you travel around the Orange Islands and another where you can join Team Rocket.

I would like one where you can visit all the regions. Also a much longer and more difficult story. Maybe more interesting things to do after you beat the league.
    PokeProject Pokemon Forums

We're making a New Pokemon game. Do you like the new Bug Pokemon "Buggot"? Register at let us know. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irinya View Post
    I always wanted a contest - like spin off, when you already start off wanting to become a coordinator, and the contest halls would be like gyms or something. It would allow contest to become more challenging and have more stages. (Heck, I don't really like contest myself, but this might be interesting).
    Or they could like, you know, actually develop the way contests work to the extent they've developed battling.

Blog Entries

This idea was from a Gamespot user.
    A Pokemon game that instead of using the traditional battle system, uses a system similar to the Tales series. It would be exceedingly difficult to program, but it would be awesome. Plus, then the battles would somewhat mirror the anime. In fact, I can see a bunch of ways that the story could go with the new battle system.

Blog Entries

My dream partly came true with Pokemon Dash but I still feel we need a Pokemon Kart of some sort.

The Pokemon and maybe the main human characters in karts like in MarioKart, going through courses based on the games like Viridian Forest, the Old Chateau, the Safari Zone, Sea Foam Islands, either Mt Chimney or that hotspot from the Rainbow Islands and Pokemon Tower. I'd buy it instantly. It'd be on the DS with many old songs remixed. You'd get an emblem like in Mariokart DS and wifi

I'd love that sooo much.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

It's been said a million times before, but I would LOVE a game with all 4 regions +Sevii/Orange islands. An MMO would been cool, but then you have to deal with hoards of idiots...
    *this space for rent*

It needs to have a real-time battling system and you need to have a "dodge" command just like the anime. It also needs customizable traiers, from their outfits down to their skin color. I want the Pokemon to bleed if they get hurt too badly in battle, and the main chracter had better be in real mortal danger at some point. Remember, I want a mature game, so the main character had better be able to bleed too. Oh, and have the punks in the evil team threaten you with guns and stuff once you beat their Pokemon.

This game would also need to have Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre, AND the Orange Islands in it. I can't believe they haven't had the OI in a game yet since they have SO much potential! This is a no-brainer, Game Freak!!
    And of course, we need to be able to have our Pokemon follow us on the overworld. Come on, this is important! How else am I supposed to get boulders moved now that my Pokemon's HM moves can be stored seperately from their battle moves?

Also, make the truck trick work in this game's Kanto. Thx!

In all honesty and seriousness, I just want the following from this hypothetical game:
    1)Update the goddamn Pokemon cries already. The ones from RBY sound utterly ridiculous next to the DP ones.

2)Have contests have actual depth again, please. Super contests are utterly boring since the strategy involved is just picking whatever 4 nice moves you think can win, instead of having to think about combos like you did in RSE.

3)No mandatory tutorials. I've known how to catch Pokemon for ten years, thanks, and it wasn't that hard to figure out in RBY. Hell, you can have *A* tutorial, just make it optional.

4)More story please. The series has been getting better at this ever since RS came out, but it's still ridiculously bare-bones even in DP. I know Pokemon is a kid's series, but little kids won't mind at all if you have a more in-depth story and you might get a few more older people to try out new Pokemon games. Actual character development would go a long ways towards this.

5)More post-E4 content! The battle frontier in Emerald did a great job of adding this, but it seems like Game Freak is content to let this sort of area be for the third game of each series. Give us more sidequests that only open up after we beat the E4, or more places to try out new battling styles against intelligent AI, or something. Failing that, give us truly random wi-fi battles in the handheld games. No, the "battle against an AI-controlled team that someone else uploaded" feature in DP's battle tower doesn't count.

6)Include some subtle hints to people that their ULTRA-MATURE pokemon game, with ULTRA-MATURE themes like people hitting other people and people sometimes bleeding, isn't going to happen. Also, add some not-so-subtle hints to people that their EVERY REGION EVER IS IN THIS!!! OMGAWESOME game isn't going to happen either. (ok, this one isn't quite serious, but I'm amazed that people still think that either of these is ever going to happen, or that they would even be a good idea in the first place)

7)Make battling more interesting without getting into real-time/anime-like/otherwise non-turn-based bullshit, because that would just be stupid. I doubt that we'll ever be rid of battling tiers, but Game Freak could at least PRETEND to balance the power of the Pokemon they make.

8)Have more than two people who aren't on the evil team NOT be happy-go-lucky all the time. I don't need a region filled with whiny emo kids, but I'm getting tired of people in the Pokemon world experiencing no emotions other than happiness, contentment, and mild disappointment/anger.

--- Last.fm---

Bp.

I'd go for that MarioKart one, that sounds really great.

I also like the one about you being able to choose to join Team Rocket, but I'd like to expand on that with a game where there are several different story lines and where you can choose which one (or ones...) to play the game through. Maybe you become an evil Team Rocket boss, maybe you become a gym leader, or a breeder, whatever. I'd like that.
    Diamond Friend Code:
    'Bryn'
    2621 0096 6591

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast