What do you want in Pokemon Red and Blue/Gold and Silver eShop release? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What do you want in Pokemon Red and Blue/Gold and Silver eShop release?

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you want in Pokemon Red and Blue/Gold and Silver eShop release?

Quote Originally Posted by glow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G013M View Post
    Maybe Nintendo can try to put some form of the GTS or PCC in RBY and GS. In Crystal, add in the PCC to the international releases to use the 3DS's wireless features. That would be sweet.
    I would also support this idea as long as a more reliable hack checking system is implemented.

It would also be interesting to see how (and if) Game Freak were to acknowledge the glitch pokemon. Maybe have it turn into an egg when traded to other generations? Not a bad egg, mind you.
    Well, maybe it could become a shiny Celebi. :P

If there was a porting system, then that would become a problem. Maybe the glitch Pokémon could not be ported to Black(2) and White(2), like how Pokémon with HM moves can not be ported to Gen IV and V.

Default Re: What do you want in Pokemon Red and Blue/Gold and Silver eShop release?

I'll also agree that the only special thing I'd like to see is palletes. 3DS's GameBoy emulator typically supports green (simulating the original Game Boy's screens) and black & white pallets. Pokémon games were special in that they would look different based on what system they were played in; Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket/Light, Game Boy Color, Super Game Boy/Stadium through transfer pack. I'd like all of those options to be available on the eShop release; if they could also through the traditional SGB/Stadium backgrounds, it would be a sweet extra!

As for the glitches, they'd better off not remove the really iconic ones. Missingno is an unbreakable element the games had, and to attempt to convey the original experience without it would be a big compromise.

If anything I'd like to see the old glitches to stay in Red/Blue games. I think it's part of the charm of these games, and it shouldn't be thrown away. if anything, you can choose to not use those with extreme benefits (e.g. Missigno. old man glitch) and I think that some like the mew glitch is just awesome.
    I'd also like to see a Stadium game for 3DS to go with those, with the same import/export as in the older ones. (Think of how Pokemon Stadium 3DS would be amazing!)

Perhaps Missingno. could become Victini, the other #000.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonGirl View Post
    Perhaps Missingno. could become Victini, the other #000.
    Oh yeah. If you transfer Missingno. to Black(2) and White(2), you get a Level 5 Victini...lol. Cheapest way for Victini ever.

Maybe not if there were only one. I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually remember there only ever being one Missingno. which dissapeared after being caught/battled, the rest were all 'M. Probably had to do with my name in-game.

Blog Entries

Game Freak could always do what they did with Missingno in the 2nd generation games and have it turn into a level 90 Ditto with a carbos attached to it when traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Realistically?

Super Game Boy palettes for first gen, please. I mean, WHY didn't the Game Boy Color nor Game Boy Advance support them?! (Yellow doesn't count, as Yellow did have a GBC compatible palette)

What would I want, a "music room" of sorts with all the music from both games in its original format. Because chiptunes are cool. Also of course multiplayer, but I am sure such a re-release wouldn't happen without multiplayer to begin with.

Completely in love with the idea of a music room.

Wifi, IR trading/battling would be a must but I would only want/expect them to trade and battle with each other and nothing else. I would definitely want the glitches to stay, I personally consider catching mew above cerulean city as a part of the story when ever I play Gen. I.

I don't think anyone has brought this up yet, how would you all feel about receiving an eshop version of pocket monsters green with translations for your country? Complete with original caves and sprites :).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silph Co. Engineer View Post
    I don't think anyone has brought this up yet, how would you all feel about receiving an eshop version of pocket monsters green with translations for your country? Complete with original caves and sprites :).
    Well, I could fuck around with the Doko kashira door glitch... >:)

And a music room? Maybe, if there were 3D Classics release. I don't know about VC release.

And a music room? Maybe, if there were 3D Classics release. I don't know about VC release.
    Wow, I have never even heard of that glitch till today. Time to dust off the green cart.

The music player could have a little screen with different sprites running around and doing different things like a music video, that would be fun to see in 3D. Maybe even a little editor, speed up, slow down. Maybe add some basic sounds like drum kit, pokemon cries, etc. Ah that would be cool but that is just wishful thinking.

Blog Entries

Wow, I have never even heard of that glitch till today. Time to dust off the green cart.

The music player could have a little screen with different sprites running around and doing different things like a music video, that would be fun to see in 3D. Maybe even a little editor, speed up, slow down. Maybe add some basic sounds like drum kit, pokemon cries, etc. Ah that would be cool but that is just wishful thinking.
    I think the Doko Kashira Door won't exist in a Japanese Green release. Here's the link to the article in Bulbapedia.

I think the Doko Kashira Door won't exist in a Japanese Green release. Here's the link to the article in Bulbapedia.
    It says it only exists in the Japanese Green and Red releases.

Edit: **confused** Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Silph Co. Engineer; 17th July 2012 at 07:55 PM.

Blog Entries

It says it only exists in the Japanese Green and Red releases.

Edit: **confused** Am I missing something?
    I mean that in later releases of Red and Green, the Doko Kashira Door glitch was fixed.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I just want the original games, so that means they keep the glitches, they keep everything. I mean, could you imagine modern releases of Super Mario Bros.​ missing the World -1 glitch?

Crazy Dragon-lover. D; Tetrahedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonGirl View Post
    But I also can't imagine playing Gen I games without seeing my buddy Missingno. It would just feel incomplete to me. Perhaps they could include it as an Easter egg of sorts? It's practically a staple of the game.
    Well, something that is programmed in on purpose isn't technically a glitch, if they somehow worked it in (for the nostalgic factor) and did NOT have it corrupt game data (instead, made it a mechanic in the games) and just made it untradable outside of R/B/Y, I think they could keep it. I personally think they need to do it because it has become such a staple of the original series, and R/B/Y without missingno wouldn't be the same game.

|Eon Graphics||Avy and sig by me|

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12