Water Team on Emerald

Thread: Water Team on Emerald

Default Water Team on Emerald

I have decided to challenge myself by training a Water-only team in Emerald, beating the Elite Four with it and all that. Now that I'm in the middle of the game, I've started to think of which Pokemon should I start training now to beat the Elite Four with later.

So what should I get? I already have a Swampert and Ludicolo in the making (just a couple more levels for my Marshtomp and a Water Stone for my Lombre), as well as an Azumarill and a Pelipper. I was thinking of dropping Azumarill and Pelipper and throwing in Tentacruel, Lanturn, Crawdaunt and... Walrein, maybe? Wailord? I don't know. So yeah. Swampert, Ludicolo, Tentacruel, Lanturn, Crawdaunt, and Walrein/Wailord.

Anyhow, I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest some sets for these Pokemon. I know at least half of them are going to need Ice Beam. Which is going to be tricky since I have no idea how to get Ice Beam other than that one TM in the Abandoned Ship. =(

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

I'd reccomend not using all water-types, especially if you want to defeat the Elite Four. You need a well-rounded, versatille group to get anywhere in the game.
    *this space for rent*

Quote Originally Posted by julayam View Post
    I'd reccomend not using all water-types, especially if you want to defeat the Elite Four. You need a well-rounded, versatille group to get anywhere in the game.
    ...obviously, you didn't read what I wrote carefully. I'm challenging myself. It's a challenge, to see if I can beat the Elite Four using just Water Pokemon.

Sorry for replying to this so late. Going back a long time, I managed to actually defeat the Elite Four with just a Swampert so obviously this is a very cool challenge. Swampert, Ludicolo, Tentacruel, Lanturn, Crawdaunt, and Walrein/Wailord is a decent build. What about including a Starmie and using the old Surf/Psychic/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt build.

You can find one using a Super Rod by Lilycove. If you can, get one with Natural Cure. There's also one of my favorites, Milotic. If you are lucky enough to find a Feebas, just feed it about 10 Cornn berries to evolve it. A recommended moveset for the Milotic would be Recover, Surf, Ice Beam, and another move.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just make sure that most if not all of your Water types are dual types. Thats all the advice I can really give.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

if you are only using waters here's what i reccomend

Swampert-
    Relaxed
    EQ
    Surf
    ice beam/rock slide
    rest

Starmie
    timid
    surf
    ice beam
    t-bolt
    psychic/light screen/recover

Walrein
    relaxed/sassy
    rest
    sleep talk
    surf/EQ/Body slam
    ice beam
    Gyrados
    Admant
    Dragon dance
    EQ
    Body slam/Double edge/return/HP flying
    hydro pump

Kingdra/Milotic/Ludicolo
    TImid/Bold/Timid
    Surf
    Ice beam
    rain dance/rest/rain dance
    rest/sleep talk/ leech seed or giga drain

Sharpedo
    mild
    crunch
    surf
    ice beam
    EQ/sub

these are just suggestions though

ok 4 one its called team aqua and i may b new but i do lke pokemon and i know more than u guys

hmm cool, i mostly use dragon pokemon. heh..i am kinda like steven to only use them for PURE power....

...yea..its sad...

anyway...i think useing a water team is going to be hard for ANYONE..but oh-well...

Just make sure you have a well balanced range of Attacks which of course (usually) means a variety of types (in your case second Types)
    Walrein is better than Wailord for better Movepool but Wailord has more HP

Personally put Kyogre on your team
    -Thunderbolt,Earthquake,Ice Beam,Whatever

Default Heh.

Well, I got a killer Tentacruel, only lvl 40 though. I'm replaying the game for like the 10th time, and I decided to try one out. Best idea ever. Here's my current moveset at level 40-Sludge Bomb, Ice Beam, Barrier, and Surf. Nice, well rounded, and STAB on two moves. This moveset is a good all around one, but I don't think any of Tentacruel's weaknesses are covered by it. Still, you'd be stupid to send Tentacruel in against a pokemon that he's weak against. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by aggron1000 View Post
    ok 4 one its called team aqua and i may b new but i do lke pokemon and i know more than u guys
    Umm, next time, read the actual topic before replying. Lol.
    Last edited by baltor85; 10th February 2007 at 12:25 PM.

If your going to use all waters, at least try to wield dual types...like swampert, Gyarados, Omastar, Kabutops...that sort of thing, but try not to get your entire team with dual weaknesses(major waekness to a sandstorm team, trust me, I know.)
    Hey, does anyone want to trade and Battle and stuff with me when Diamond and Pearl come out in America? It's really taking a loooong time.....

cuddler of cuddlers Selendomono's Avatar
    I currently live under a rock in the pacific ocean. I have wasted the last 40 uyears of my life looking for the colony of Dewgong that i know the goverment is hiding

I made a water team just for fun.

I had a lanturn(to help with wallace)
    A whiscash (sooo coooll)
    a wailord(its a giant wail come on awesome)
    a Kingdra(Awesome pokemon in the rain and can reduce accuracy and increase evasion)
    A milotic( do i realy need to explain)
    and im not sure what i will do for my last one im thinking of a walrien or a starmie mabey a dewgong(all of them cuddly and adorable..Ok starmie isnt cuddly but it is adoreable)