Walking Pokemon... Your thoughts? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walking Pokemon... Your thoughts?

In the oven getting baked while waiting to scare you
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Walking Pokemon... Your thoughts?

I loved it alot, along with the idea of actually talking to something other than trainers once in awhile. I felt like it was an entirely new game! But I agree with the people who say you should be able to turn it off, considering I did get annoyed with it a few times or so.

I always thought that my pokes would follow me the first day in white.
    P.S. in HG nd SS there is an on nd off setting, get on your bike and the poke will go into its pokeball
    Attention Everyone i have moved to serebii forums due to the fact tht the new forums are really slow so if I ever made a trade offer to you my name on serebii is juan8913 like always so just friend request me or PM/VM me Bye bulbagarden!

In the games I think it is wicked cool, although I wish they scaled them better because alot of them look around the same size. In th anime? I think Ash's pikachu is the only good one all the others are kinda meh don't really like them.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by juan8913 View Post
    P.S. in HG nd SS there is an on nd off setting, get on your bike and the poke will go into its pokeball
    I meant being able to walk and not have a Pokemon follow you :P

I sincerely hope it makes a comeback, it was a novelty, but the best by far, IMO.

Registered User Shiny Hunter Lee's Avatar

1 of the best parts of walking with pokemon is that if the pokemon is shiny it shows it's shiny form :D
    I also love using the pokewalker ^_^

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by juan8913 View Post
    I always thought that my pokes would follow me the first day in white.
    That's not quite the same thing as walking and not having a pokemon follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Hunter Lee View Post
    1 of the best parts of walking with pokemon is that if the pokemon is shiny it shows it's shiny form :D
    I also love using the pokewalker ^_^
    I hope that they retain that feature. That was pretty cool.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

i agree, after HG, it was very lonely in Pt :( and for a while it was lonely in White, but i got over it.

If they had included it in B/W though it would've made N not a hypocrite, cuz he would have his pokemon follow him outside his ball, instead of preaching to you about how horrible you are for cramming them into pokeballs when he did the same.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Offline for a while HexagonStephen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I see no reason why they wouldn't keep the shiny effect. That would seem a bit pointless.

^ Yes, but he supposedly released his Pokemon after each battle. So, it may be that he befriended them, asked them to help him with a battle, then released them back into the wild.

Also, I am offering my services as an Original Pokemon Trainer designer. It's free, but I might need time depending on your requests. PM for details if you are interested.

Offline possibly for the summer. Don't VM or PM me because I may not see it for a few months.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

I was so annoyed that they didn't bring it back from HGSS, but it's apparently because HGSS and BW were developed at around the same time. Hopefully the feature will return in Grey.

Blog Entries

Give me the option to turn it on or off, don't understand why its so hard to make that a menu option.

Blog Entries

Overhyped feature that adds absolutely nothing to the game outside fabricated interaction that can be easily achieved through the use of a little thing every thinking person has (Or so I would like to think): Imagination.

For the record, I will go as far as to admit it had its moments of feel-good cuteness. However, it's not all that as people make it sound like. It's in many ways a pointless feature. Some people doesn't wants to be forced to keep a Pokémon out following them.

If it ever returns, it better has a "turn off/on" switch. But knowing GameFreak's absolutist approach to programming... I rather it didn't come back at all if I'll be forced to abide by it.
    lol I got bored.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    I was so annoyed that they didn't bring it back from HGSS, but it's apparently because HGSS and BW were developed at around the same time. Hopefully the feature will return in Grey.
    I wouldn't bank on its return being in Grey. Game Freak seems to like some sort of continuity between the same-gen games -- therefore, probably won't be back for gray.

I don't know about same-gen continuity... after all, Walking Pokémon was kind of introduced in the middle of a generation to begin with. And it's not like Emerald or Platinum didn't have noticeable differences compared to the games they were the third version to.

Besides, if it's a toggle (say, an NPC in Castelia brings the idea up to you about letting a Pokemon walk behind you), instead of just something abruptly occurring, it would probably integrate fairly well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saethori View Post
    I don't know about same-gen continuity... after all, Walking Pokémon was kind of introduced in the middle of a generation to begin with. And it's not like Emerald or Platinum didn't have noticeable differences compared to the games they were the third version to.
    Adding Pokemon walking isn't bigger than, let's say tearing down three buildings and replacing them with tents for pure advertising of their new feature.

Walking Pokemon also doesn't detract from the plot. N talks to your first Pokemon in your party, without them being shown outside the Pokeball. It would make more sense if they talked to your walking Pokemon. You're also the trainer that casts doubt to his assumptions about human-Pokemon interaction, so how is it exactly plot-breaking that you would walk with your Pokemon as equals? N would comment on how strange that is, but still try to confirm his ideals much like he already did in the normal encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Adding Pokemon walking isn't bigger than, let's say tearing down three buildings and replacing them with tents for pure advertising of their new feature.
    Exactly my point. :3

I'm beginning to think that the only reason it wasn't in B/W in the first place was because it was probably too late to add it into development when HGSS integrated the idea.

Or maybe they didn't yet have walking designs for all of the Unova Pokémon? After all, they integrated quite a few sprites around the game world of walking Pokémon, not to mention the ones you can have wandering around Entralink.

...It could really be hit or miss on whether it's in the next game. Only thing we can do to know for sure is wait to see what happens further down the line.

I love Walking Pokémon, but I can kind of understand why some people wouldn't, which is probably why I also love games with a lot of settings and options.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast