trying to ev train my dragonite

Thread: trying to ev train my dragonite

Default trying to ev train my dragonite

so i was battling ferrow and raticate to ev train my dragonite's speed. after defeating countless pokemon while holding the power anklet when dragonite raised a level it only gained 2 points in the speed catigory??

what did i do wronge?
    what should i do to train my dragonites speed differently?
    please further explain ev training and items suck as power anklet and what do they do?
    I LOVE POKEMON!

Things to know about me:
    - im up to chat when ever or battle
    - im a water pokemon master (self proclaimed of course)
    - I love the amine
    - My battle team is Starmie, Charizard, sceptile, Dragonite, Machamp, gardivior

When EV training, you may not notice a huge spike in a given stat when your Pokemon levels up. EVs are distributed evenly until level 100. Your Dragonite's Speed may only go up 2 or 3 points per level on average, but at level 100 his Speed will have increased to its maximum (assuming he received 252 Speed EVs).

You're not doing anything wrong, but it may be difficult to notice stat increases. At the end of training though, it will have payed off.

Power items add 4 EVs of whatever stat they increase regardless of the Pokemon fought.

For example, fighting a Crobat gives your Pokemon 3 Speed EVs. If your Pokemon is holding the Power Anklet, it will receive 7 Speed EVs.

Futhermore, fighting a Machamp gives your Pokemon 3 Attack EVs. If your Pokemon is holding the Power Anklet, it will receive 3 Attack EVs and 4 Speed EVs.

and how many evs do you need for the stat to go up one when the poke reaches the new level

my dragonite is extremly slow has the speed of lik 138 or somthing and i want it to get as fast as possible
    I LOVE POKEMON!

Things to know about me:
    - I love the amine

Blog Entries

Was it EV trained from a Dratini?

It also depends on it's nature as well, and Dragonite isn't very fast either, with base 80 speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBrockAsh View Post
    and how many evs do you need for the stat to go up one when the poke reaches the new level
    Every 4 EVs equal 1 stat increase.

then why does it only go up 2 points when i battle countless ferrow and raticate?
    I LOVE POKEMON!

Things to know about me:
    - I love the amine

When your ev training, the number of points a stat goes up every level will vary depending on how many pokes you kill. But it will end up as high as it can be by the time its level 100 assuming you ev trained correctly. Sorry its kinda hard for me to explain...

EDIT: So, say you have two identical Dratinis (same ivs etc...) You start ev training for speed, when one levels up, it might gain 3 in its speed stat while the other only gained 2. Well by the time they are both fully leveled they will both have the same speed stat.... (assuming you trained them the same way)

EDIT2: Also, Ceallach is correct, every 4 EVs equal 1 stat increase. This is how serebii explains it:
    Say a Linoone battled 4 Zubats and aquired 4 EVs in the pokemon's Speed EV. When it levels up, it will gain one more point to its Speed stat than if it had battled three Zubats and one Geodude (1 EV to Defense). This is because for every 4 Effort Points you get towards a certain stat, you get one point more to the stat.
    Last edited by GuitarHero; 26th December 2008 at 09:47 PM.