Trading LeafGreen/Colosseum

Thread: Trading LeafGreen/Colosseum

Default Trading LeafGreen/Colosseum

I just finished Pokeom Colosseum, and wanted to trade Pokemon to my LeafGreen game, and then to Pokemon Pearl.

However, when I try to trade, I get this message: "The GBA POKEMON Game Pak's trading system is not ready. You need to progress further in your GBA POKEMON Game."

So exactly how far do I need to progress? I've done the Elite Four and I've gotten the National Dex from Prof. Oak. What more do I need to do?

Been searching for the answer all over the 'net, but have found it nowhere. Please help?

Blog Entries

That might be happening because Colisseum only connects to Ruby/Sapphire. Not FR/LG or Emerald.

Quote Originally Posted by betagold View Post
    That might be happening because Colisseum only connects to Ruby/Sapphire. Not FR/LG or Emerald.
    This is not true.

Blog Entries

Pretty sure it is, since Colisseum was released way before FR/LG was. If you read the case, it says it can connect to Ruby/Sapphire, "send in your team from Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire!"

Quote Originally Posted by betagold View Post
    Pretty sure it is, since Colisseum was released way before FR/LG was. If you read the case, it says it can connect to Ruby/Sapphire, "send in your team from Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire!"
    Yes. However, the guys who made these games are some smart cookies, and had exactly this in mind when they made LeafGreen, and made it compatible with Colosseum.

But don't take my word for it. Either do some research yourself, or read what the Wikipedia entry on LeafGreen says:

The two games are compatible with other Game Boy Advance and GameCube Pokémon RPGs, including Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald; Pokémon Colosseum and XD; and the utility program Pokémon Box. This compatibility is unlocked after beating the entire game and completing a side-quest.
    Of course, you may not take Wikipedia's word for it, either. That's where doing your own research comes in. Of course, maybe you should've done this before coming with bombastic answers to something you obviously know nothing about. Answers that you pulled out of your ass.

Anyway, I finally did find out how to prepare LeafGreen for trading with Colosseum. I need to complete a quest on Island One, finding a Ruby and a Sapphire.