Is there a better way to catch Celebi?

Thread: Is there a better way to catch Celebi?

Default Is there a better way to catch Celebi?

Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to catch celebi via some glitch like the mew glitch. I know you can get it with a gameshark, but can you trade it from pokemon colleseum to pokemon crystal? I only want an answer using the English game versions. Thanks!

Simply put: no.

Unless I'm horribly mistaken.

Also, use this thread for questions: Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers
    *gone*

No Pokemon obtained in 3rd gen games (and, for that matter, fourth gen games) can be traded to the second gen games - GSC is incompatible with any 3rd gen game.

There is a 3rd gen glitch way of obtaining Celebi though as opposed to getting it from an event or the Colosseum bonus disc - it involves getting your hands on one of the double question-mark Pokemon (more info here on them - basically a 'placeholder' Pokemon so the game doesn't necessary crash when one hacks an impossible Pokemon, I think)) - if you were to trade this Pokemon to Colosseum, it would change into Celebi, due to it's hex number - upon trading, the hex number of it changes to the closest 'real' one, which happens to be Celebi's. I've heard of people getting Celebi that way.

Banner By Sammi of Sppf
    A funnier version of the Pokemon Colosseum game, that also explains the 'unexplained'.
    Ever wondered WHY Wes blew up Team Snagem's base?
    Or what's with Miror B's hair?

Reposted - Prologue Up

Credit to Saffire Persian for the banner. Tragedy one-shot story.