THEORY: Team Aqua/Team Magma's Backup Plan - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THEORY: Team Aqua/Team Magma's Backup Plan

Gmt -6. I live in the burning mansion of the west district where solarbeam dosen`t even take a turn. O.O

Default Re: THEORY: Team Aqua/Team Magma's Backup Plan

I think this sound like a plausible in possible ruby and sapphire remakes as post elite 4 content. I could see each group reason for it.

Team Magma`s to to freeze over th oceans and make natural elements like rocks and steel develop over the frozen oceans.

Team Aqua`s to awaken regigigas in order to destory the land so that there is more water now.
    Diamond FC 5156-9204-9158
    White FC 4255-2794-4246
    We should support Japan!
    Owner of the most holiest Cero.
    Already in search for a Timid with a 70 base power hidden power rock.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

The only problem with making it post E4 is that by that point the leaders of the teams have realized that their plans are foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by lightshaver View Post
    Team Magma`s to to freeze over th oceans and make natural elements like rocks and steel develop over the frozen oceans.
    I know the whole suspension of disbelief thing, but a couple of things first:

1) the amount of energy needed to freeze the Oceans is spectacular, I'm not sure Regice could do it. You'd also have to deal with the sun.
    2) How exactly do you plan to synthesize all those rocks on top of the ice without a) breaking the ice and having it sink or b) violating the laws of physics?
    3) How is steel a natural element?

Team Aqua`s to awaken regigigas in order to destory the land so that there is more water now.
    The law of conservation of mass doesn't apply? Even if regigigas spreads all solid rock evenly throughout the earth, what would that accomplish?

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

The best explanation for "why" seems to be that they would use the power of these legendary pokemon to reawaken Groudon/Kyogre and have a second shot at controlling them.

Not to use the individual powers of the Regi pokemon specifically, but their massive power as a whole.

True. Keep in mind, though, neither of these things are terribly suspicious when done by the sea-based Team Aqua, which according to both Sapphire and Emerald, they are. Works as a great theory for Magma, though.

Either that, or that's how people somehow managed to find out the secrets to unlocking the Regis. There's probably something in all of this that hinted the combos that are needed for the Sealed Chamber to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    Either that, or that's how people somehow managed to find out the secrets to unlocking the Regis. There's probably something in all of this that hinted the combos that are needed for the Sealed Chamber to open.
    Well, not quite. If you just walk directly into the cave there is Braille writing telling you exactly what to do.

Well, I never looked up the braille stuff, so I didn't know that. xD

Blog Entries

This also assumes that the teams can figure out how to open the chambers (all four of them)

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Blog Entries

Interesting theory indeed. This would make a fine plot for the inevitable R/S sequels/remakes.

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting theory. It makes perfect sense.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

Blog Entries

Tsutarja: It's an interesting theory, but I don't feel it'd be plausible enough for even Pokemon to consider it. Outside of pokemon's abilities, Pokemon tends to stay within reasonable limits with respect to science.

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    This also assumes that the teams can figure out how to open the chambers (all four of them)
    Considering the writing on the tombs is the same Braille language as the writing in the Sealed Chamber, I would assume they would figure out how to open the chambers if they got that far.

PLUS the first room of the Sealed Chamber itself gives you an entire Braille key to decipher it. It literally has all the letters in order on different rocks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    Considering the writing on the tombs is the same Braille language as the writing in the Sealed Chamber, I would assume they would figure out how to open the chambers if they got that far.

PLUS the first room of the Sealed Chamber itself gives you an entire Braille key to decipher it. It literally has all the letters in order on different rocks.
    How would Team Aqua/Magma figure that out? As far as they're concerned, those are just random patterns on a rock -- and I'm saying that they wouldn't be able to figure out the braille.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    How would Team Aqua/Magma figure that out? As far as they're concerned, those are just random patterns on a rock -- and I'm saying that they wouldn't be able to figure out the braille.
    Yeah, I mean as the PC it makes sense for us, they give us everything without having to look stuff up online, but in-universe: How would they know those tablets are a translation key and not just more writing?

In this cave we have lived.
    We owe all to the Pokémon.
    But, we sealed the Pokémon away.
    We feared it.
    Those with courage, those with hope.
    Open a door. An eternal Pokémon waits.
    First comes Relicanth.
    Last comes Wailord.

This is literally what it says. But let's assume that we don't know that ahead of time, so we replace each letter with a number in the order it appears.

1 2 - 3 4 1 5 - 6 7 8 9 - 10 9 - 4 7 8 9 - 11 1 8 5 12

Would be the first line. At a certain point, the person trying to figure out the meaning would realize that they are only using about 26 (no Z, Q, etc) numbers to signify different "letters"

The fact that each symbol the translator comes across appears exactly once on each of the tablets we know as the key should signal that it is indeed a key. You can then reassign the numbers to the order they appear in the key's "alphabetical order" to get something like

9 14 - 20 8 9 19 - 3 1 22 5 - 23 5 - 8 1 22 5 - 12 9 22 5 4

and so on. The next step is to total the number of times each of these new assigned letters appears in the text to determine which seem to be vowels.

1 (A) appears 14 times
    5 (E) appears 23 times
    9 (I) appears 10 times
    15 (O) appears 17 times
    21 (U) appears 1 time

I am only able to count the vowels because in hindsight we know what they are. However, the following letters also appear a fair amount of times and can be confused with vowels.

19 (S) appears 9 times - similar to I
    20 (T) appears 13 times - similar to A

Right here we have to make the logical jump that the writers used the same language as we are attempting to translate into. However, we are faced with an interesting situation as this is the pokemon world. Seconds after birth, a newborn pokemon is able to understand "human language" so logic follows that there is only one and has ever been one. No matter how the translator arrived at this conclusion, they somehow decided that human language is all one and the same. Meaning the letter with the frequency much higher than the others can be tested as "E"

With the knowledge of "E", we plug that back into our text and the following words show up:

23 e (we) x4 appearances
    8 1 22 e (have)
    11 9 22 e 4 (lived)
    15 23 e (owe)
    20 8 e (the) x2
    16 15 11 e 12 16 15 (pokemon) x3 [at this point i realize i mis-numbered some of the letters in the M-R range but thats not the purpose of this]

along with:
    sealed
    feared
    Those x2
    hope
    Open
    eternal
    comes x2
    Relicanth

Which I can't be bothered to turn into numbers. The point is, after you find one letter (E) you look for combinations like "T-H-E" that make small common words. At any point the translator is bound to realize the key is a direct copy of the alphabet, but it IS possible to figure out the code without it.

Hopefully this doesn't make me sound TOO stupid. Feel free to poke holes in this process :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast