Starter Names??? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starter Names???

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Well, I'm going to be happy if this is true, because I don't want Fighting/Psychic/Dark starters.

Pic going around Serebii

These look pretty real to me. They seem to look Pokemon style, plus since most people found out about the names and descripitons today, I doubt someone could draw something that good that fast.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Those look fake, the artstyle seems way off.

Also, why would there be an image of the movie version of Bouysel? Also usually if a background were to be made like that it would be a lot more active.

---
    edit again, also the names seem wrong on the picture (but its exciting to see speculation topics so active again)

edit2---
    well, it looks like its in hiragana but you can tell its not ナエトル unter the beetle, and its not ヒコザル for the monkey, and not ポッチャマ under the penguin.

edit3--
    (my reasoning was )it looks like the monkey says something like it starts with あ, お,わ, or ね not ヒ. And I definately see a そこ at the begining of the beetle's name. And the Penguin looks like it starts with す 
    Last edited by bell02+; 2nd August 2006 at 12:51 PM.

The creator of the pics confirmed they were fake.
    Last edited by Habunake; 2nd August 2006 at 01:44 PM.

was the creator the same who did the concepts for pachirisu, cherimu, and dorapion? That was the artstyle I was reminded of when I saw it

No, it's not.

This is so cool. :D I bet the fire monkey will be cute! ^^

A penguin that's not Delibird. Thank goodness. This might be the first generation in which I pick the water starter. Interesting, I suppose this means the idea of them being a mix of F/W/G and D/F/P just got a lot more likely.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta
    this means the idea of them being a mix of F/W/G and D/F/P just got a lot more likely.
    I still maintain that it was more likely that D/F/P stuff was referring to dual types, rather than primary types. I don't see any reason for it to be "fake" (It's not fake info, it's right from the avatar of the horse's mouth), it's possible it could have been a mislead. It's possible that it could have been in reference simply to a previous (and since then scrapped) idea.

But overall, more likely in all scenarios was that they would be Fire/Water/Grass AND Dark/Fighting/Psychic. And even if these were the descriptions of the starters, there's no real reason why those dual types couldn't still apply. (And I think after Jirachi's Steel/Psychic and Lucario's Fighting/Steel, it's also fair to say that a dual type doesn't necessarily have to make complete sense)

Agreed. A monkey could be fire/fighting, a bug thing could be dark/grass, and a penguin could be water/psychic.

It's nice to have a Water-starter that's not cold-blooded, as well as a Grass-starter that's finally not a reptile of some sort (even if it reportedly looks partially reptilian).
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Sounds cool. ^^ I'll probably get all three. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake
    Agreed. A monkey could be fire/fighting, a bug thing could be dark/grass, and a penguin could be water/psychic.
    I hope not because I don't want 2 fighting and fire starter chains. I still hope they reverse the types and make fire/psychic, grass/dark, water/fighting (edit: or fire/dark, grass/fighting, and water/psychic). However its more logical for an ape to be a fighter because they are viewed as muscle types, but they also can represent intelligence looking at the Animal Kingdom as a whole.

Personally I hope they make the ape based off of a Japanese Macaque. With the red faces, it would match a fire type, and their weak shape would not make them fighting. Plus it would fit as a theme with the mountainous region of Shinou.

I also hope they make the first starters (start at the) dual types, it'd be something different and original.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12