Starter Names???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starter Names???

Default Starter Names???

Sorry to bother, but I did some snooping and found a blog entry here, from what seems to be a guy who saw the starters at Nintendo HQ. I can't read Japanese, so I used excite translator, but I'd like someone to confirm (translate) it, please? It seems like the starters are a grass dinosaur, a fire ape and a water penguin. Here's the link:
    http://8282paradise.spaces.live.com/
    Seems they're called Naetoru, Hikozaru, and Botchama. Apparently Naetoru's name is confirmed http://www.mpsnet.co.jp/HobbyNet/Pro.aspx?pno=25011 by bandai's diamond and pearl medal toys. But I'm speculating very much, since I'm relying on a web translation. Which is why I need someone to translate
    This was posted on Srebii, and since names being registered before they came out happened before....anyone wanna translate to be sure?

This site, here is the link to a page with Diamond and Peal toys, and mentions the names as well...

http://www.mpsnet.co.jp/HobbyNet/ProductOne.aspx?pno=25011

So, anyone wanna try and guess what the names could mean?

Naetle (ナエトル) is registered by one "Ability Technology Ltd." (有限会社アビリティ テクノロジー).
    Hikozaru (ヒコザル) is also registered by the same.
    Pochama (ポッチャマ) is also registered by the same.

There are no other trademarks registered by that company. They have consecutive application numbers. All registered March 15.

Diaruga and Parugia, the first leaked Pokémon in a while, are still not registered.

Hmmmmmm.

So, does that mean they're fake?

Not necessarily. We know Nintendo &co. have registered trademarks under personal names before. Perhaps this is the next step in obfuscation: front companies. Guess what the top search result for this company name is? A list of trademarks registered within a one-week period.

Also, the merchandising codes are identical to some of the Pokémon that have previously been registered.

Ah okay, that makes sense, better go tell everyone on Serebii to get their hopes back up!

Coronis sez:

According to the website advertising the toys (which is part of the Pokemon Medal Colletion set), the three new pokemons are named Naetoru, Bocchama and Hikozaru. Since this is an official product site, these names are very likely to be authentic pokemon ones.

From the blog link, the writer has apparently had an exclusive tour to the headquarters of Nintendo, during which he and many other people are given the chance to have hands on experience with D/P and several other games in development.

The three pokemons he mentioned are the starters, since he used the term 'the three which you receive at the beginning'. The first one is a grass plant/dinosaur hybrid, with the face similar to Trapinch and body similar to Chicorita. The writer called it a mysterious creature.

The fire type, Hikozaru, is the only one which name the writer knows of, and it is a fire ape. The water type is a penguin like creature. The writer says it is not exactly a penguin, but it's the closest thing he could associate with.

The writer also mentioned that the animation during the healing, in particular how the nurse hands you back your pokeballs and how you place them back into your bag is amazing.

Now, the only common thing between these two links is the fire pokemon Hikozaru, which name probably means Hi (fire) + Ko (child) + Zaru (ape). The name Naetoru is most likely a grass pokemon's name, since Nae means sprout, and toru could be from biitoru (beetle), as the writer mentioned that the grass starter resembled Trapinch's face.

Can't really relate Bocchama is anything right now. Might edit this post later.

Coronis~
    Last edited by Habunake; 2nd August 2006 at 10:21 AM.

Well at least I hope the penguin part is true... i <3 penguins ;~;

"Jess" or "Shining Mew" from SPPf

It's Pochama! The database says so! Also, it's the easiest out of the three to translate - botchama literally means "kid" or "child".

So, does it mean anything else? Like a hint of which animal it's based off.

I feel so cool, this is like the 6th major topic I've posted this summer here that turned out to be big news!

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

mmm... intresting but if true I really hope the fire ape line does not become part fighting. I also hope that for types they have part physic, dark, and fighting from the begining.

They sound weird though.. (good and bad) but like I said its not much longer to wait for offical info anyways. I also hope we get to see the final evolutions, but I'm thinking that won't be till later.

Why the names are very very likely to be real, that blog may be lying about seeing them.

So, they may not be starters, if not, then maybe

I like the idea of Hikozaru being a Primeape evo (or, even perhaps a Aipom evo?)

Naetoru sounds alot like Neiteio, which is Xatu's japanese name (may of spelled it wrong), and Xatu could have an awesome Queztal evo.

Pochama, sounds weird. Maybe a standalone Pokemon.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

...one second. Why is it Pochama again and not Botchama? was it suppose to be a typo for Pochama?

[edit] So I guess it would be a typo (on the toy site that is), but it still is weird for not being Potchama.. Also it seems weird that it would be casually typed into it as Botchama in katakana. Is it both the japanese and romanji name copyrighted?
    Last edited by bell02+; 2nd August 2006 at 12:29 PM.

B and P I think are interchangable.

EDIT: I drew some mock drawings, assuming they are starters and the blog is right...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Yukiwarashi/Naetoru.png Naetoru

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Yukiwarashi/Hikozaru.png Hikozaru

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Yukiwarashi/Pocharou.png Pocharou

Blog Entries

There is a difference between B and P. They're both voice marks, but for the B sound, it's the double slash thing and for P, it's a circle. The blog by itself may be misleading, but if it's in a product site and the registry, perhaps it is true. I'm not going to trust it entirely just yet, though. I remember an Aipom-like shadow on that button on the Yahoo site. I'm going to go and look at the other shadows and see if anything matches in any way.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by bell02 alpha
    ...one second. Why is it Pochama again and not Botchama? was it suppose to be a typo for Pochama?
    The database says the correct romanisation is Pochama. In normal romanisation it is Potchama. It's very easy to mix up ポ and ボ, and given that botchama is an actual word, it's obvious why that misspelling exists.

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/124000/124327wcEB_w.jpg

Pic of Fire Monkey....

Seriously, I think it could be that kinda of primea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast