So...Whats the the chances for VC pokemon games?

Thread: So...Whats the the chances for VC pokemon games?

Blog Entries

Default So...Whats the the chances for VC pokemon games?

What are the chances of R/B/Y G/S/C and R/S/E being released on the 3DS virtual console and what changes have to be made for them?

Blog Entries

Default Re: So...Whats the the chances for VC pokemon games?

I doubt we'll see any Pokemon games on the VC at all... the only game I could see are the old side-games like P:PL and Snap... others require connectivity which the VC doesn't reallty support
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

I agree with Articwolf10, It would be kinda hard with all of that connectivity stuff. BUT, a 3D Classics could work. :P

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Isn't this the 5th thread or so of the same topic? lol

Though, it should be a 3D classics for all the connectivity features.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

This question has been asked countless times, and my opinion still hasn't changed - I don't think they'll release the older games on VC. They did those remakes for a reason, you know. But there's nothing stopping games like Pokemon Pinball and Pokemon TCG going on the VC.

追放されたバカ

It wouldn't be too hard at all, especially for Red, Blue, Yellow

Just forget about version exclusives so all are available in the one game (ok there would be no difference between red and blue then so just release one, maybe just release Yellow) and then you don't even need to trade as all 150 are available (maybe they could add Mew, maybe they wouldn't it wouldn't matter as it's at the end.

GSC would be trickier as there is no way to fit all 251 into a game sensibly.

01001000 01001001 DestinyOfDeoxys's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some good changes:

R/B:

1: Sprite changes due to boring old sprites from R/B, so they can represent the more western look

2: Multiplayer via Wireless, with a new Spotpass option to recieve battles from Trainers anywhere

3: Obtainable Mew when you collect 150 pkmn and show Game Freak (much good!)

4: Transcript changes, e.g. Technology is advancing more, since PCs collect data from anyone to battle against!

5: Voltorb Flip replacing slot machines.

Y: same as above, but with an added effect of playing the mini games via main menu.

G/S/C: don't know if they'll do it, since they had HG/SS a while back. Maybe "4DS" will have to do that one.

Blog Entries

For all the people saying "Yeah but they should change this this and this," I love your optimism, but give me one example of when Nintendo has changed anything for a virtual console game. They're too set in their ways to do anything sensible like that. They rarely listen to what we want and are convinced that they know better than we do. Yes, I'll bet tons of people would buy a RBY or GSC remake on the eshop, but try telling them that and getting them to listen. The 3DS virtual console is a joke compared to what it could be. They've released like, ONE good GBC game last I checked, that being TLoZ: Link's Awakening. They seem more intent on porting weird-as-hell obscure games that few people have ever heard of. There are seriously like four or five games on the eshop VC that are worth my money.

I don't know that the connectivity would really be that big an issue. You couldn't connect with anybody on the GBA games when you were playing on a DS, but that didn't make them less fun. I think the biggest issue is that Nintendo would be, God forbid, releasing a game that is actually worthwhile to purchase, and that we could actually get our money's worth out of. Seriously, nearly all the games on the eshop are either puzzle games or about as long as Kirby's Dreamland.

Maybe I'm just bitter because there are so many things Nintendo COULD DO that would be extremely profitable for them, while at the same time make their fans happy, yet they refuse to even consider them.