So, how have your games been destroyed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, how have your games been destroyed?

Default So, how have your games been destroyed?

Uuugh. My brother is the most annoying game-breaker on the freaking planet. I have all of the games for Gameboy (aside from DS games), N64 games, and Gamecube games. And.... My brother's broken the majority of them with various methods.

Pokemon Red, my first game, was played by me so much that it would save no longer. So.... I got another one. My brother got mad at me one day and smashed the second one with a hammer. And I want to play Red again, too. *mauled* Blue's survived, somehow.

Yellow was seconds away from going down the toilet. I pleaded and screamed that "that was the game that got me into the Guiness Book of World Records" for being the best selling game, and he gave me back the game.

Gold went in the dishwasher. Yes, the dishwasher. It works, but doesn't save.
    [Edit- I tried it again today and it wouldn't turn on. Ugggh.]

Silver was in my Game Boy Colour when my brother threw it and my Marill plushie down in the parking lot of the airport. Marril's fine. XD The Game Boy itself now has no sound unless headphones are plugged in, and Silver won't save.

Crystal won't freaking turn on. I believe this is the one he stepped on....

The week I got my SP, both Ruby and the SP went in the washing machine. My brother put it in the pile of clothes that my mom swept in. She heard a "thunk" and dug through the washing machine to figure out what it was. I wasn't surprised, but was horrified. The first freaking week. x_x Ruby works and will save, but if not played for about a month, it will erase the save file for good. The SP is perfectly fine, and everything works.

Sapphire has been hidden numerous times, and was also in my brother's GBA when the battery acid leaked, but nothing happened to it. Thank god.

Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green are all safe, despite getting lost a few times. Mystery Dungeon and Ranger are safe with me.

Now for N64. Stadium 1, Snap, and Puzzle League are safe. Stadium 2 was jammed in by my brother so that the metal on the bottom broke, but oddly enough, it works, though it might catch on fire one day. The Gameshark was jammed and thrown around, and is now completely broken, but I don't mind that one too much. Hey You, Pikachu itself works fine, but my brother just had to ruin something else, so he fed Pikachu an blue ice pop, staining half of the microphone "puff" green.

For Gamecube, everything works. Super Smash Brothers got horrificly scratched, but that doesn't really count. My friend gave me hers. The Action Replay was mutilated; face down on the tile and rubbed on unsanded wood. It's obvious what happened there. I laughed, actually.

My numerous DVDs, VHS, and CDs are all fine. Stay safe, Wii and DS Lite.

....*ahem* Long post that nobody actually read. So, how have your games been broken?
    Last edited by Keruri; 25th January 2007 at 08:28 PM.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

How old is your brother? Is he too young to send to boot camp?

Blog Entries

Holy Magikarp. What the heck is wrong with this guy? o.o

The only games that have been "destroyed" on my side are Red, Blue, Yellow, and Crystal when I erased the save files for... some reason I forget. Oh, and I caught Missingno. on Red so I guess my Hall of Fame would be messed up if I ever got bored enough to play it again and beat the Elite Four. *shrugs*
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

Games cost me money and thus I take good care of them and keep them where they are safe.

Games destroyed = 0.
    *this space for rent*

What the hell is wrong with that brother of yours?!

The only game of mine that was "ruined" was Pokemon Gold. I just lost all my progress (and my beloved Charizard... my first Pokemon ever! Level 100, too!) when the game fell off a table. Just like that. Otherwise, my games are all okay.

...though my sister recently managed to piss me off greatly by not taking care of our N64 properly, thus allowing the A/V cable to break. I have since confiscated the console. She wasn't using it anyway and I want to play Banjo-Tooie. I need a new cable.

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

My cousin (nameless) is dangerous. He doesn't destroy my games but he screws them over very badly.

In Animal Crossing, he broke my axe chopping down trees and kept resetting the stupid thing to get it back.

He also lost my other cousin's copy of We ♥ Katamari, and she had to go buy a new one.

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

broken games = broken brother.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

None of my games are broken, but my N64 stopped working one day.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Ice View Post
    broken games = broken brother.
    Yes.

Only games I've had "lost" are the save files in Gold and Silver, because the save battery ran dry. I even tried going through and saving again, nothing. I think all three of my Gen I games still work, though.

I'd say definitely put some sort of control on your brother. Or bust HIS stuff. Revenge is sweet.

Tell him to take out his destructive tendencies on someone's PS3.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's gotta hurt.
    None of my games have been broken, per se, but I've had rotten luck with handhelds. GBC - Dropped in toilet- Still Works - Pokemon Crystal - Was in GBC- Still Works- 1st DS- Stolen. Along with Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs, Mario 64 DS - 2nd DS (Lite) - I fell over with it in my pocket. Touch screen = Fucked. 3rd- On it's way tomorrow. I will be keeping it in a lrage protective black DS case, in a DS bag, in a pillowcase, under my pillow. I shall be the only one touching it.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

A baby tried to eat my Pokemon Blue... while I was playing it... -_-;;; but I washed off the baby drool and the game survived.
    "Mewtwo" is only the name that humans gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keruri View Post
    Uuugh. My brother is the most annoying game-breaker on the freaking planet. I have all of the games for Gameboy (aside from DS games), N64 games, and Gamecube games. And.... My brother's broken the majority of them with various methods.

Pokemon Red, my first game, was played by me so much that it would save no longer. So.... I got another one. My brother got mad at me one day and smashed the second one with a hammer. And I want to play Red again, too. *mauled* Blue's survived, somehow.

Yellow was seconds away from going down the toilet. I pleaded and screamed that "that was the game that got me into the Guiness Book of World Records" for being the best selling game, and he gave me back the game.

Gold went in the dishwasher. Yes, the dishwasher. It works, but doesn't save.

Silver was in my Game Boy Colour when my brother threw it and my Marill plushie down at the parking lot of the airport. Marril's fine. XD The Game Boy itself now has no sound unless headphones are plugged in, and Silver won't save.

The week I got my SP, both Ruby and the SP went in the washing machine. My brother put it in the pile of clothes that my mom swept in. She heard a "thunk" and dug through the washing machine to figure out what it was. I wasn't surprised, but was horrified. The first freaking week. x_x Ruby works and will save, but if not played for about a week, it will erase the save file for good. The SP is perfectly fine, and everything works.

Sapphire has been hidden numerous times, and was also in my brother's GBA when the bettery acid leaked, but nothing happened to it. Thank god.

Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green are all safe, despite getting lost a few times. I have yet to get mystery dungeon.

Now for N64. Stadium 1, Snap, and Puzzle League are safe. Stadium 2 was jammed in by my brother so that the metal on the bottom broke, but oddly enough, it works, though it might catch on fire one day. The Gameshark was jammed and thrown around, and is now completely broken. Hey You, Pikachu itself works fine, but my brother just had to ruin something else, so he fed Pikachu an blue ice pop, staining half of the microphone "puff" green.

For Gamecube, everything works. Super Smash Brothers got horrificly scratched, but that doesn't really count. My friend gave me hers. Nyah. XD The Action Replay was mutilated; face down on the tile and rubbed on unsanded wood. It's obvious what happened there.

My DVDs, VHS, and CDs are all fine. I'm almost afraid to get a DS because he would do something to that as well. Stay safe, Wii.

....*ahem* Long post that nobody actually read. So, how have your games been broken?
    ...and I'm the nobody who actually read it.

Your brother sounds like the most destructive force in the universe. I suggest that you put every game of yours in your own room, with you only the one able to access it, and never leave it unattended. My advice.

As for me... my Gameboy Colour first gave up it's sound for some reason, then some time back it completely gave itself up :( . Wishing I could lay my hands on a DS Lite soon...

That sounds like my brother, except I hide my games, so he mutilates my other possesions.

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And suddenly I feel so much more grateful for my own brother.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

...and I feel even more grateful for being an only child. :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast