Sixth member?

Thread: Sixth member?

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

Question Sixth member?

*points to sig* My Emerald team. They're all around level 40. More details on the "Post your game status here" thread. I'm at a loss as to who to use as a sixth member. I was thinking it'd be fun to have a 1st or 2nd gen, since I have all 3rd right now. I have water, rock, steel, psychic, grass, flying, ground and ghost covered so I'll probably want fire or electric (You can't get Pikachu in the Safari zone until you beat the Elite 4, right?), mayyyybe dark. Maybe.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Turtle Tamer Kammy; 9th February 2007 at 01:36 AM. Reason: FIRST generation. I meant 1st generation.
    *this space for rent*

You don't really need dark, since for all intents and purposes Dusclops serves the same role. You need something that can use a Fire-attack, at the very least, to protect yourself against Metagross and Skarmory. If you give Swampert Ice Beam, you don't need an Electric-type since Tropius can handle water and Swampert can handle Flying types.

If you want something from the second gen:
    * Octillery makes a great sweeper as it can learn most of the projectile elemental attacks and has decent stats to back it up.
    * Typhlosion, obviously.
    * Houndoom, to pair with your Tropius if you want to split Solar Beam and Sunny Day effects.

There's always Ninetales, too. Or any Dragon-type.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

A dragon type would be good as they can use dark,fire,electric and of course dragon attacks and as a bonus are very resiliant to most types so you're on to a winner there. I'd recommend Salamence as he's on my team and has served me well.
    Last edited by Wolvorn; 10th February 2007 at 08:56 AM.

This might seem as though it is a bit of work, although I would suggest one of my favorite Pokémon, Espeon. If you have some way to trade from either Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green or Colosseum, it might be something to try. I also would suggest Kingdra or perhaps even Latios.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I recommend Typhlosion, too. Heartily. Crush Claw on it can do wonders, and it's one of the only two third-stage Fire Pokémon that's ONLY Fire. And the other... you can't get yet. Magmar would be useful for raising for 70 days from now, though.

Too bad Manectric can only learn Flamethrower in DP, otherwise I would heartily reccomend it. It is useful if you breed crunch on it, and its one of my favorite Electric-types. Just switch Crunch out for Flamethrower if you port it to Sinnoh.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    I recommend Typhlosion, too. Heartily. Crush Claw on it can do wonders, and it's one of the only two third-stage Fire Pokémon that's ONLY Fire. And the other... you can't get yet. Magmar would be useful for raising for 70 days from now, though.
    Holy CRAP, we only have 70 days? *is excited* Also, I decided to go with Trapinch since I have one at level 32 already. Thank you for the dragon suggestions, sometimes I foret they exist :D
    *this space for rent*

Yes, I think you made the right choice. Here is a possible sweeper moveset (I got it on my Flygon) is Flamethrower, Crunch, Dragon Claw, and Earthquake. 2 STAB moves, and flamethrower is a good fire move (Seeing as you wanted a fire Pokemon) and crunch is the best third generation dark move. I think. You wanted to try a dark Pokemon, right?

Your Local Hero Charmander to the rescue's Avatar

You can get Pika in the safari zone before the Elite Four (that's one of the only resons there is a Safari Zone) Personally, if you want an electric, go for Ampharos!
    Ever go on the RPG's on Bulbagarden, things like Pokemon Kingdom or the Hidden Series. Yes? Then Join the RPG club at:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=16773

For a cool, customized trainer card head to: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f237/taking-requests-trainer-cards-16890/

my website: http://charmanderman.proboards92.com

SOVA: There's always hope!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baltor85 View Post
    Yes, I think you made the right choice. Here is a possible sweeper moveset (I got it on my Flygon) is Flamethrower, Crunch, Dragon Claw, and Earthquake. 2 STAB moves, and flamethrower is a good fire move (Seeing as you wanted a fire Pokemon) and crunch is the best third generation dark move. I think. You wanted to try a dark Pokemon, right?
    Oh man, I LOVE Flamethrower. My Charizard on LG knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by charmander to the rescue View Post
    You can get Pika in the safari zone before the Elite Four (that's one of the only resons there is a Safari Zone) Personally, if you want an electric, go for Ampharos!
    Oh, really? I always though Pikachu was one of the post E4 ones. Also, yay for Ampharos, I had one on Silver that was seriously badass.
    *this space for rent*

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Mareep's the post-Elite. Pikachu's available in the Safari Zone of Hoenn in all three versions from the moment you get there. Kinda irked me that they used that as an excuse to put it in Hoenn's Pokédex, but oh well.

Please tell me what pokemon are in your team, not just the types. (Gyarados and Mantine have the same types, but you can't use them the same way)