Six of the GYM locations known...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six of the GYM locations known...?

Default Six of the GYM locations known...?

Six of Shinou's GYMs can be made out from this scan. One is in the lower left, in the town with a canal running through its middle. Another is in the town against the mountains, the 'mining' town. Another is across the bridge (?), north of the 'mining' town. There is another on the right most side of the map, in the town above the lake. Another is in the town below the lake. And the last one that can be made out is in the town with the Contest Dome, on the mountain's right side. Or on the other side of the 'mining' town if that makes things easier.

So that leaves the locations of two GYMs still unknown. Though I'm guessing one of them is in the north most side of Shinou, in the snow covered town. And the last perhaps on the island that this map doesn't show.

Is it just me, or do the locations of the GYMs, seem more spread out this time around? With the first GYM being found in the 'mining' town, I'd imagine the last to be one of the two that we still don't have locations for. I can see the second being either the one across the bridge (?), north of the 'mining' town, or in the town with the canal running through on the far left. With the other being the third GYM of the game.
    Last edited by donnieaxel; 17th September 2006 at 11:34 PM.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I always wondered if one gym would be underground though. That can be a possibility.. but who knows. I still too believe we don't have the whole picture for every area in this game.

^^;; I wish somebody could circle the gyms in paint though...(its like where's waldo)

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To the left of the big mountain, there's something that looks like a giant slide. What is that?

Default Six of the Shinou Gyms known...?

I think it might be the tracks for the train that was revealed in one of the D/P commercials.
    Last edited by donnieaxel; 18th September 2006 at 02:34 AM.

Shino really is ginormous. I guess this means Kanto is like the pissant backwater region of the nation, eh?
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Diamond and Pearl are looking to be huge games what with a greater number of new Pokemon that past generations, a bigger region, etc, etc. It all does add up to be the ultimate Pokemon game that the developers have been touting it as.

I hope though, the potential is not wasted. I want to see a more even distribution of Pokemon throughout Shinou, and more areas to level up after the E4 with higher level Pokemon.

wow what a cool map awesome
    STAGE ON!

The Dude Abides

How can you be sure those are gyms?
    Anyway, it's truly amazing how large this region is. The sheer amount of speculation that could be done based on this map is breath-taking.
    For example, notice the three lakes, about the same size, in the west, east and north. It's possible these could be the abodes of this generation's legendary trio.
    And the slide thing is, according to an insightful member of Serebii, a funicular.
    The town with the canal in it appears to require surf to access.
    That odd formation in the north reminds me of Hoth Base.
    That black warehouse in the northwest looks oddly suspicious.
    That area in the center at the bottom also seems to require surf. Though why you'd want to go there is beyond me. Perhaps it is the location of Victory Road and E4 HQ.
    Also, the mansion with the golden roof in the northwest is odd.
    The last gym ought to be in the icy region.
    Whee! Regional speculation is fun.

Blog Entries

Super blown up screenies to the rescue! Anyway, I think I see six gyms, too, but there are still some locations cut off of the map. I just made a pic of every town/city and you see for yourself which ones you see something in.

Blog Entries

I have a lot of files, please pardon this.

Blog Entries

Last one.

The Dude Abides

WTF?! There's a landlocked lighthouse!

Blog Entries

I don't see any lighthouses. Although I can make out the shrine/cave for the legendaries (or...the one with ties to the legendaries).

The GYMs are the buildings with orange roofs. And is that a lighthouse...? Or just a tower? I was wondering the same. Shinou is far more diverse in terms of landmarks. It seems to be the most interesting region thus far. I hope there's plentiful secrets and sidequests to be found adventuring throughout this region.

Hoenn is nothing compared to this. I really think that this is going to be the best thing EVER.

You think this thing is any bigger than GSC Kanto/Johto combined?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast