FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 70

Page 70 of 346 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 5184
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Re: Breeding Query from Noob

Quote Originally Posted by DangerAce View Post
    What's up with this?

Pichu's page doesn't say anything about Grass Knot and Iron Tail being able to be bred into it.
    If it can be taught to the species with a TM and the father knows it, it will have those moves. So that's pretty normal in gen four as everything there besides volt tackle is a TM in those games.

Blog Entries

Follow JLomb on Tumblr

Exclamation Halp!

I tucked my Pokemon in Dream World yesterday around 3pm and exited at 4pm selecting "Exit DW and wake up" option". But I didn't actually try waking it up until today and it's been on the "The Pokemon is being woken up...Don't turn off the power" screen for 30 minutes. The Global Link website says that it is still ready to be woken up, but it's not doing anything, suggestions?

EDIT: The wireless function is on and functioning as well, and when I try to enter the Dream World, it says that "No Pokemon is dreaming" and to use the Gane Sync to tuck in a Pokemon, should I turn the game off or what???

EDIT: Problem solved, I disabled wifi, reset game and it worked, crisis averted.
    Last edited by JLomb; 26th August 2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Boosh!

3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

i have a mamoswine that i have been training to be uses competitive battles, but i don't know what move to teach it?

this is current set:

Earthquake
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Ice Shard/Ice Fang
    ?????

I you can't tell it has perfect IVs and EVs in attack
    3DS FC: 2638 0331 2172

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by linny_456 View Post
    i have a mamoswine that i have been training to be uses competitive battles, but i don't know what move to teach it?

this is current set:

Earthquake
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Ice Shard/Ice Fang
    ?????

If it's for doubles or triples, use Protect. Otherwise, if you're using a Generation IV game, I'd go for Superpower (PtHGSS move tutor); if it's Generation V, probably Take Down.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

this is current set:

Earthquake
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Ice Shard/Ice Fang
    ?????

This is a generic moveset for Mamoswine, but it still works pretty nicely.

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    OR - Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Icicle Crash
    - Stone Edge

alright so just a few questions, first what do you need to have to figure out the exact IV of a pokemon does it have to be level 100? because every calculator I use gives a range. Also today in emerald just got first shiny (tentacool) I am going to import it into heart gold and am actualy going to EV train it (never have ev trained before) these are his iv's or well the range hp-20-25 attk-26-31 def- 19-24 sp att-23-27 sp deff-12-16 spd-10-15. I was wondering what categories you think I should put ev's into, it isn't really competitive for online because I don't have wi-fi, but just so I could have a pretty powerful guy. Final question is what should I have his moveset be? oh and his nature is serious (adds/looses nothing)
    Last edited by turtlekid; 27th August 2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Quote Originally Posted by turtlekid View Post
    what do you need to have to figure out the exact IV of a pokemon does it have to be level 100?
    I think that IVs are most precise at levels 50 and 100. To narrow the range,you must input exact EVs,if your Pokemon has any,the trait (often dozes off,quite finicky,proud of it's power etc.) and whatever the IV guy says to you show him the Pokemon.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by turtlekid View Post
    alright so just a few questions, first what do you need to have to figure out the exact IV of a pokemon does it have to be level 100? because every calculator I use gives a range. Also today in emerald just got first shiny (tentacool) I am going to import it into heart gold and am actualy going to EV train it (never have ev trained before) these are his iv's or well the range hp-20-25 attk-26-31 def- 19-24 sp att-23-27 sp deff-12-16 spd-10-15. I was wondering what categories you think I should put ev's into, it isn't really competitive for online because I don't have wi-fi, but just so I could have a pretty powerful guy. Final question is what should I have his moveset be? oh and his nature is serious (adds/looses nothing)
    In order for it to be most accurate, it should be at Lv 100, and you need to know the exact EVs, if you dont, I suggest using the EV reducing berries to reduce them to zero, then if you put in the stats at Lv 100 into the calculator it should show the exact IVs.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

I am thinking about trying to complete my pokédex again (not a living dex mind you) and I've started to write down what pokemon I am missing by region, so I was wondering, what is generally the best way to start it off? Do you start with that game's regional pokemon or start from gen 1 and work your way to gen 5?
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 28th August 2011 at 10:53 AM.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I've tried to do that before (I stopped near the end), and I did it in the order of least to most hassle. If there's one of the generations that I only have a few Pokémon from (if I'm near the start of the game), I leave that until last, and focus on the game that I have the most Pokémon from.

when breeding, if one parent holds the power anklet and the other holds the power bracer, is it possible to get the speed iv from the first and the attack iv of the second at the same time

Plasbad for short Minimiscience's Avatar

when breeding, if one parent holds the power anklet and the other holds the power bracer, is it possible to get the speed iv from the first and the attack iv of the second at the same time
    Yes, but it's not guaranteed.
    I fear naught but save file corruption.

Pearl FC: 0303 6397 4251
    HeartGold FC: 0260 6900 8265
    Black FC: 0819 3491 8420

It's possible with no power items too so yes. :P

With one item you're 100% guaranteed that IV in that stat. With two items you are 100% guaranteed one of those IVs in one of those stats. Assuming they are different stats (as they are in your scenario) you have a 50% chance of getting one or the other from the power item and then the normal chance of inheriting an IV from a parent for the other. I'm pretty sure it doesn't increase the odds of getting both at all but I haven't seen any official numbers and I didn't exactly take notes the one or two times I've done that out of curiosity.

last question, i think, if a mienfoo is holding a power bracer and beats a lillipup, how many EVs will it get?

last question, i think, if a mienfoo is holding a power bracer and beats a lillipup, how many EVs will it get?
    Just the power bracer with no pokerus? 5 attack evs.