FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 60

Page 60 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

100% Moustache Free! Mr. Moustache's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff View Post
    Well you can always breed it for another. If I'm remembering right, it's female.
    I don't like breeding. Thank you, though.

I'll just deal with its permanent nickname.
    Last edited by Mr. Moustache; 7th August 2011 at 04:50 PM.
    ◄ This space is dedicated to Blazaking EX, who created my avatar. Please, visit his shop! ►

I have a quesion regarding stat growth via leveling up. According to this Bulbapedia page, it is impossible, through leveling up, for a Pokémon to ever lose points in a stat unless it evolves into a Pokémon with a lower base stat value for that specific stat. While I know how your stat grow through leveling up is basically determined mainly by base stats, does this means I will not lose any point by delaying my Pokemon's evolution? Disregarding EVs, IVs, and Nature, of course.

That means, for example, two level 60 Samurotts trained in the same way, but one evolved from Dewott immediately at level 36 while the other one evolved at level 45, would have the same stats. Am I right?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Travalgar View Post
    I have a quesion regarding stat growth via leveling up. According to this Bulbapedia page, it is impossible, through leveling up, for a Pokémon to ever lose points in a stat unless it evolves into a Pokémon with a lower base stat value for that specific stat. While I know how your stat grow through leveling up is basically determined mainly by base stats, does this means I will not lose any point by delaying my Pokemon's evolution? Disregarding EVs, IVs, and Nature, of course.

That means, for example, two level 60 Samurotts trained in the same way, but one evolved from Dewott immediately at level 36 while the other one evolved at level 45, would have the same stats. Am I right?
    Stats are recalculated upon evolution. The two Samurott should be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Stats are recalculated upon evolution. The two Samurott should be the same.
    Thanks for the confirmation. Delaying evolution for quicker move learning shouldn't cause a lower stats, then.

Blog Entries

What is a better nature for a Zebstrika - Jolly or Adamant?
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    What is a better nature for a Zebstrika - Jolly or Adamant?
    Probably depends on the ability. Motor Drive + Adamant is nice, but without it, it likes Jolly for its Speed.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

When I tried to send a Pokémon to the Dream World, it said that I needed to wait a day, but the last time I connected was June 18. How can I fix this?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Porygon3.14 View Post
    When I tried to send a Pokémon to the Dream World, it said that I needed to wait a day, but the last time I connected was June 18. How can I fix this?
    Try again?

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    Try again?
    I've tried five times, and I've gotten that message every single time.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

And you haven't messed with the clock since then have you?

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

This can happen if you've had your game in a different DS (which is annoying, as the Gen IV-V transfer method requires two DSes, so it stands to reason that one of the games wouldn't be in your usual DS).

I have a question about White City and Black Forest. I now have both Black and White. When I first got to Black City in Black, it was completely empty, and White Forest in White had just a few people. So, I did the Entralink thing, talked to a bunch of people in both games, and some of them asked to move to Black City/White Forest. I ended up with around six people in both. Now, though, I seem to have hit a wall. I tried to recruit more people a few days later, but none of them actually come. They're there, I can talk to them... they just won't join me. Will I eventually be able to bring more people over, or am I stuck like this?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    This can happen if you've had your game in a different DS (which is annoying, as the Gen IV-V transfer method requires two DSes, so it stands to reason that one of the games wouldn't be in your usual DS).

I have a question about White City and Black Forest. I now have both Black and White. When I first got to Black City in Black, it was completely empty, and White Forest in White had just a few people. So, I did the Entralink thing, talked to a bunch of people in both games, and some of them asked to move to Black City/White Forest. I ended up with around six people in both. Now, though, I seem to have hit a wall. I tried to recruit more people a few days later, but none of them actually come. They're there, I can talk to them... they just won't join me. Will I eventually be able to bring more people over, or am I stuck like this?

I think people have to leave Back City/White Forest before more can come. I think.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I've heard this, and I could understand it being the case if the areas were at their maximum population, but they don't seem to be there yet - I can catch five or six different Pokémon in White Forest, and there are five items on sale in Black City, so I assume this correlates to the number of people there. Most sources say that the maximum population is at least ten, so I'm not there yet.

Default Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

So I am playing emerald and have a question. Which hms do I actually need to get through the game? I know surf will be needed but what else because I don't always like wasting a move on a guy. For example cut and flash, I havent taught any guys those moves yet i just picked a guy from the box and taught it to him and took him out to use it when i needed to.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'd suggest maybe are the people you're trying to bring over the same ones as you already have? (possible if the game that was visited never saved them being gone, so never added any more) Since you can only have one of each person in any one Forest/City.