FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 6

Page 6 of 346 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkipper View Post
    Other than the level requirements, is there any real difference between Level 50 and Open Level in the Battle Fronteir in Emerald, like a different set of Pokemon? I wanted to use a Metagross on my team, but it doesn't learn Meteor Smash until level 55 in 3rd gen, so I was thinking of just raising my team to level 55 and entering in Open Level.

Basically, if you enter a team consisting of all level 50s, does it really matter if you choose Level 50 or Open Level?
    I believe it's just the level difference, but I've only ever done the Battle Pike and Factory (the former at open level).

In an entirely different question, I know you need to beat the Elite Four, get the National Dex, and get the Ruby and Sapphire key items in order to trade outside of FRLG in those games. However, does that only prevent trading between non-Kanto Dex Pokemon, or trading with RSE entirely? I want to trade a TM from my non-completed Leaf Green over to Emerald and I want to know if I need to take a detour between my completed Fire Red first. (Gen V TM System, why you no introduced earlier. ;__;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimiscience View Post
    I believe it prohibits all trading with RSE and all trading of non-Kanto Pokémon from another FRLG game.
    Correct. You'll first need to trade it over to your FireRed if you don't plan on having to complete the Ruby/Sapphire sidequest. Without the gems inserted to the machine, you can only trade with other versions in the same region, and more than likely you won't be able to obtain Johto/Hoenn Pokemon from them.

FYI, you also need to have beaten the E4 in Emerald to unlock trades with Kanto games.

Registered User xanderthevampire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Ok so I have a lvl 60 haunter and a lvl 60 drapion I trained them both up at different times and now I'm wondering which one would be best to use from now on? (Only 1 space so can't use both + can't evolve haunter as don't have wifi yet)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xanderthevampire View Post
    Ok so I have a lvl 60 haunter and a lvl 60 drapion I trained them both up at different times and now I'm wondering which one would be best to use from now on? (Only 1 space so can't use both + can't evolve haunter as don't have wifi yet)
    post the rest of your team dude - we can go on that (basically cover weaknesses & resistances)
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Follow Chika on Tumblr

Thank you. ^^

Ugh, why'd the me in 2005 be so stupid and waste the only Toxic TM on something I'd never use. xD Now to just hope my Gameboy Player will still work with my Wireless Adapters because I think part of whatever was inside the part where you plug things into it broke into my Link Cable...

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
    Quick question regarding the older JP games.

Suppose I got a Japanese copy of PKMN Gold. Would it work on my GBA-SP? I don't think it would work on Stadium 2, due to the language differences, and it seems to imply on Bulbapedia that it would work on a GB-Color.

Help, please?
    I don't know about in Stadium 2, but it would work in a GBASP, as well as any GB from before(GB/GBP/GBL/GBA).

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    I don't know about in Stadium 2, but it would work in a GBASP, as well as any GB from before(GB/GBP/GBL/GBA).
    Console games are locked with the same region handheld games, you would need a Japanese copy of Stadium GS for your N64. Luckily, N64 games are Region Free if you have an NTSC console, so all you need to do is cut off the notches in the console.

Cross Region Trading for Gens I/II is only recommended if you enjoy random glitches. From what I heard, Gen III was the first to support it, but I haven't tried it.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Registered User xanderthevampire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, don't laugh but I use an all poison team. I always have (ever since yellow) cause its my favourite type and it adds a bit of difficulty to the game. Right now my team is:
    Nidoking
    Crobat
    Tentacruel
    Victreebel
    Toxicroak
    Drapion/haunter
    I think drapion might be best because of its defense against psychic/ghost (with haunter you need to hope its faster than the psychic/ghost foe or you're done for)

Ok, I have a breeding question and I'm kind of confused on the whole 'perfect' stats thing that people tend to mention. How exactly do you know if a stat is 31 or not?

I know one indicator is the description, such as Mischevious for a Poke that has a focus on Modest. Can you get straight 31's across the board? How many stats are chosen from both male and female? Is it 3 each? Or just 3 from the male? Also, is the 31 based on their stats at level 5?

Sorry for all the questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
    Ok, I have a breeding question and I'm kind of confused on the whole 'perfect' stats thing that people tend to mention. How exactly do you know if a stat is 31 or not?

I know one indicator is the description, such as Mischevious for a Poke that has a focus on Modest. Can you get straight 31's across the board? How many stats are chosen from both male and female? Is it 3 each? Or just 3 from the male? Also, is the 31 based on their stats at level 5?

Sorry for all the questions!
    (Don't be sorry for questions in a questions thread... lol :D)

To know for sure what your Pokémons IVs are the best thing is to use Action Replay. However, there are several IV calculators on the internet that is helpful to get a exact or in a range of what IVs your Pokémon have. I don't know with HG/SS; B/W, but in D/P/P there is a stat judge in Fight Area/Battle Frontier, that can say judge your Pokémons IVs, and if he says "It can't be better in that stat", the Pokémon got 31 IVs in that stat. However, there is only one stat that he's judging, so if the Pokémon got 31 IVs in two stats, it will be a problem to find out using the stat judge.

The Pokémon will have "Mischevious" if it have any of these IVs in Sp.attack: 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31 and that it's the highest of all IVs the Pokémon have in total. It could be 31, but it could also be 6 (for example). The nature has nothing to do with it really.

When you breed a Pokémon, either none, one, two or three stats are passed down from the parents. It will at max be three stats passed down, either from the father or the mother or both.

What do you mean by level 5? At level 100, a Pikachu with 0 IVs in speed will have 200 stats in speed (for example), and another Pikachu in level 100, with 31 IVs in speed, will get 231 stats in speed. (I'm not 100% sure about this, but this is what I always thought it works). And that's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by woaska View Post
    (Don't be sorry for questions in a questions thread... lol :D)

To know for sure what your Pokémons IVs are the best thing is to use Action Replay. However, there are several IV calculators on the internet that is helpful to get a exact or in a range of what IVs your Pokémon have. I don't know with HG/SS; B/W, but in D/P/P there is a stat judge in Fight Area/Battle Frontier, that can say judge your Pokémons IVs, and if he says "It can't be better in that stat", the Pokémon got 31 IVs in that stat. However, there is only one stat that he's judging, so if the Pokémon got 31 IVs in two stats, it will be a problem to find out using the stat judge.

The Pokémon will have "Mischevious" if it have any of these IVs in Sp.attack: 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31 and that it's the highest of all IVs the Pokémon have in total. It could be 31, but it could also be 6 (for example). The nature has nothing to do with it really.

When you breed a Pokémon, either none, one, two or three stats are passed down from the parents. It will at max be three stats passed down, either from the father or the mother or both.

What do you mean by level 5? At level 100, a Pikachu with 0 IVs in speed will have 200 stats in speed (for example), and another Pikachu in level 100, with 31 IVs in speed, will get 231 stats in speed. (I'm not 100% sure about this, but this is what I always thought it works). And that's how it works.
    Thanks for that, it clears up a lot. What I meant at level 5 was that was the level it seemed people used to determine if a stat was at "31" or not because all the older games hatched eggs starting at level 5, so the stats are different than they are now since eggs hatch at level 1. Maybe that's not really the case.

I am getting an Action Replay so I can look at stats and possibly activate old events I missed (hopefully). Just out of curiosity, do people consider captured Pokes from hacked events hacked as well? Or are they considered legit?

Thanks for that, it clears up a lot. What I meant at level 5 was that was the level it seemed people used to determine if a stat was at "31" or not because all the older games hatched eggs starting at level 5, so the stats are different than they are now since eggs hatch at level 1. Maybe that's not really the case.

I am getting an Action Replay so I can look at stats and possibly activate old events I missed (hopefully). Just out of curiosity, do people consider captured Pokes from hacked events hacked as well? Or are they considered legit?
    Hm, they could use IV calculators but level 5 seem a bit to low, in my option, I usually level them around 15 before calculating. The stats are only different because of the levels, the IVs will still remain the same so it shouldn't really matter, haha.

That sounds a bit hacked for me, but I don't know what other people think or what is consider as hacked.

That sounds a bit hacked for me, but I don't know what other people think or what is consider as hacked.
    Yeah, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Haven't really needed to do anything like that since most stuff is available through trading.

Blog Entries

So... I'm thinking about EV training a Dewott. A Dewott, not a Samurott. I'm going to let it hold an Eviolite and see if it's any good. So the question is, should I get it to be a special attacker or a physical attacker?

Yeah, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Haven't really needed to do anything like that since most stuff is available through trading.
    But the events are sure still availale through trading from other people, if you offer them something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex800 View Post
    So... I'm thinking about EV training a Dewott. A Dewott, not a Samurott. I'm going to let it hold an Eviolite and see if it's any good. So the question is, should I get it to be a special attacker or a physical attacker?
    Dewott got higher sp. attack, but it's attack isn't far from, so it all depends on what moves you want to use. Dewott learns both special and physical moves so... it's up to you what moves you're thinking of using and then EV train after that. =)

Blog Entries

Dewott got higher sp. attack, but it's attack isn't far from, so it all depends on what moves you want to use. Dewott learns both special and physical moves so... it's up to you what moves you're thinking of using and then EV train after that. =)
    OK, thanks, I'll do that C:

Page 6 of 346 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast