FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 55

Page 55 of 346 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar98 View Post
    Which should I get for my first Pokemon? A Lillipup or a Patrat? Patrat and Watchog are good for hunting wild Pokemon because they can learn Hypnosis and Mean Look (and I think False Swipe too!) but their stats aren't as good. Lillipup, Herdier, and Stoutland are good attackers but as far I know, don't learn any of those moves at all.
    My lillipup, now Stoutland, has been an essential part of my team since it was captured. I have yet a use for Patrat/Watchog.

Id go with Lillipup at the beginning because its a better attacker-you can always train up a Watchog later for apturing pokemon.
    Which should I get for my first Pokemon? A Lillipup or a Patrat? Patrat and Watchog are good for hunting wild Pokemon because they can learn Hypnosis and Mean Look (and I think False Swipe too!) but their stats aren't as good. Lillipup, Herdier, and Stoutland are good attackers but as far I know, don't learn any of those moves at all.

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Relicanth1 View Post
    Has anyone ever got a Dreamworld Omanyte? i ask because after getting a Lapras last night and having well over 10000 points thats the only sea dream world pokemon Ive never gotten. Supposedly its a default pokemon available form the beginning but even though Ive got all the rare ones I sitll cant find an Omanyte. Is it really out there and this is just one of those weird luck things or is there no such thing as a Dream world Omanyte?
    Good News: It IS a Dream World Pokemon
    Bad News: You are not having the best of luck

Hmmm... I'm probably not uing my elemental monkey this time, but I want a good Water type! Tirtouga or Ducklett? Also, should I get a Axew, Golett, or Joltik? I hear those are all good!

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Hmmm... I'm probably not uing my elemental monkey this time, but I want a good Water type! Tirtouga or Ducklett? Also, should I get a Axew, Golett, or Joltik? I hear those are all good!
    What about a Jellicent? And a Jolitk with Compound eyes, pair it with Thunder and you're laughing.

And a Carracosta with Shell Smash is rather formidable, especially if you give it a White Herb.

My suggestion would be going with Tirtouga for the water type. And both Golett and Joltik. Combine these two with a Litwick and you have a perfect team. If you don't need a dragon in the early game,get a Deino rather than Axew.

Quote Originally Posted by Relicanth1 View Post
    Has anyone ever got a Dreamworld Omanyte? i ask because after getting a Lapras last night and having well over 10000 points thats the only sea dream world pokemon Ive never gotten. Supposedly its a default pokemon available form the beginning but even though Ive got all the rare ones I sitll cant find an Omanyte. Is it really out there and this is just one of those weird luck things or is there no such thing as a Dream world Omanyte?
    I have seen everything listed on Bulbapedia for every non-event Dream World area so I can say omanyte, and everything else listed, is indeed there. I'm guessing you're just having bad luck with that one. It took me forever to find a poliwag... though that does make more sense since it is rarer, it's odd an omanyte would give you so much trouble.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Is it possible for Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue to simply "get over" the corruption in data that Missingno. could cause?

A long time ago, I saved data in Pokemon Blue with Missingno. in my party and PC box, and so the data was corrupted, and when I tried to turn the game on again, the save data was gone; each time I tried to start a new game and save, the data would just delete itself again unless I saved right on the very first square the game starts on. This happened back sometime around 2003/2004, so why I kept the game myself knowing the issue is beyond me. When I found the game again after rummaging through some things, I turned it on and started playing again, expecting the worst, but instead of the data being destroyed, I've been able to save while having the first Pokemon, first battles, the Pokedex, and the Town Map.

I just want to know if I can just go on playing the game without any worries, or if I should be wary that Blue is just a time bomb waiting to go off again.

Thankfully one day after making the original post who should I find but Omanyte!!! :) My set of Sparkling Sea pokes is complete-Thanks for the replys
    Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff View Post
    I have seen everything listed on Bulbapedia for every non-event Dream World area so I can say omanyte, and everything else listed, is indeed there. I'm guessing you're just having bad luck with that one. It took me forever to find a poliwag... though that does make more sense since it is rarer, it's odd an omanyte would give you so much trouble.

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Does anyone know whether Protect stops Final Gambit working? Or if a Ghost-type stops it working?

I want to Sketch it, but it makes the user faint, and since it's an attack you can't use Taunt to stop it working (like you would with Memento).
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Switcheroo View Post
    Does anyone know whether Protect stops Final Gambit working? Or if a Ghost-type stops it working?

I want to Sketch it, but it makes the user faint, and since it's an attack you can't use Taunt to stop it working (like you would with Memento).
    If Final Gambit would not hit the opponent due to missing, immunity or Protect, then Final Gambit will fail and the user will not faint.
    Bulbapedia's page on it says yes.

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    Bulbapedia's page on it says yes.
    Thanks! Now to breed my suicide mole! (Diglett with Memento + Final Gambit.) :p
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Super Hall Monitor Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar

Yeah I've tried it myself, your Pokemon won't off themselves if Final Gambit doesn't work.

One of the reasons I like it more than Explosion and the like.

I was just thinking about this not sure if anyone knows, If you had a shiny ditto and in a battle used transform would it become the shiny version of that pokemon?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by turtlekid View Post
    I was just thinking about this not sure if anyone knows, If you had a shiny ditto and in a battle used transform would it become the shiny version of that pokemon?
    No it wouldn't, the Pokémon you transform into isn't shiny. I'm not sure about if the wild Pokémon is shiny itself though..