FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 51

Page 51 of 346 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Blog Entries

Default BW Shapes and Meanings

What do the shapes mean above the item section in a Pokémon's summary? I have a Ditto (that I received in a trade) with the diamond at the end filled in black but none of my other Pokémon have shapes filled in. I did a bit of research on the subject but to no avail.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Default Re: BW Shapes and Meanings

These are just markings, you can select them on or off.
    You did mean this right?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW Shapes and Meanings

Also next time, please use the Simpe Questions/Simple Answers sticky.

Thanks.

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I have a question about the move Fling. Lets say I fling my item at my target, then use thief - what item will I get, the item I flung (flinged?) or the item that the my target holds from the beginning?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by woaska View Post
    I have a question about the move Fling. Lets say I fling my item at my target, then use thief - what item will I get, the item I flung (flinged?) or the item that the my target holds from the beginning?
    The item your foe was holding originally. Fling doesn't give the target your item, just throws it at them.

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    The item your foe was holding originally. Fling doesn't give the target your item, just throws it at them.
    Oh I see, thanks for answering. I thought it might worked as the move replaced the original item. =)

I'm a little bit stuck on Pearl. I've defeated Maylene and earned my fourth badge (I beat Crasher Wake first), but Fantina still hasn't returned to her Gym. I assume I need to do something involving Team Galactic first, but after speaking to the grunt in Pastoria City I can't find him again. I was going to look for him at Lake Valor, but there are two men blocking the entrance. I can't get into the Galactic Veilstone Building, as it's saying I need a card key or something to unlock the metal doors. Any idea what I need to do next?
    White Team

Quote Originally Posted by Taromon777 View Post
    I'm a little bit stuck on Pearl. I've defeated Maylene and earned my fourth badge (I beat Crasher Wake first), but Fantina still hasn't returned to her Gym. I assume I need to do something involving Team Galactic first, but after speaking to the grunt in Pastoria City I can't find him again. I was going to look for him at Lake Valor, but there are two men blocking the entrance. I can't get into the Galactic Veilstone Building, as it's saying I need a card key or something to unlock the metal doors. Any idea what I need to do next?
    I think you need to get to Veilstone Gym and meet Dawn/Lucas and then go to the warehouse northeast to obtain the card key.

Quote Originally Posted by Igzz View Post
    I think you need to get to Veilstone Gym and meet Dawn/Lucas and then go to the warehouse northeast to obtain the card key.
    I did team up with Dawn to beat two of the grunts, and then went in the warehouse, but didn't see a card key in there. I'll have another look.
    White Team

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Taromon777 View Post
    I did team up with Dawn to beat two of the grunts, and then went in the warehouse, but didn't see a card key in there. I'll have another look.
    There should be a grunt outside the building that will give you the card you need.

Unhappy Sneasel Speed Bug?

So I started a new file on Pearl a while ago, got my team all good to go and got a Sneasel, which I'd never had before but always wanted. Got to Victory Road and weird things are starting to happen. Sneasel is the fastest pokemon in my party, with a Naive nature to boot. She's got 20ish more speed than Crobat, it was around 130ish or so. Yet she's had to move after a Torterra, Graveler, Hippowdon and a couple other slow pokemon. She often died because of Earthquake or Explosions (#$%@ing Gravelers). But against the very same pokemon, even my Toxicroak with Speed around 85 moved before previously said pokemon. No priority moves were used, no speed changing conditions were present (i.e. Torterra's Overgrow doesn't affect speed, no weather effects, no stat changes), and yet it kept happening. I just now evolved her into Weavile and haven't had a chance to battle with her yet, so maybe it's changed now, but I'm still confused.

EDIT:
    Just tested again, with Weavile (146 Speed) this time. Sent her out, found a Graveler, both were 45. I picked Avalanche (Because it's stupidly the only physical ice-type move Weavile can learn besides Ice Shard), and promptly got destroyed by a 4-hit Rock Blast (of course). Sent out my level 43 Empoleon (72 Speed), used Surf, and destroyed the Graveler before it could do anything. I am so confused and saddened. :(
    Last edited by Joshawott; 24th July 2011 at 08:23 AM.
    Avatar used with permission from Evilsherbear on DA! (http://evilsherbear.deviantart.com/) Check her gallery out! DO IT. B|

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sneasel Speed Bug?

Pokemon Black friend code:1850-1325-6364
    3DS friend code: 0963-0438-8033
    3DS name: nirreln

Default Re: Sneasel Speed Bug?

.........you've got to be kidding me. I feel so retarded. -_- Thanks.

EDIT:
    Oh no wonder. I totally was thinking of Brine when I taught it Avalanche. HERP DERP.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 24th July 2011 at 08:24 AM.
    Avatar used with permission from Evilsherbear on DA! (http://evilsherbear.deviantart.com/) Check her gallery out! DO IT. B|

Blog Entries

Hello, I have what will likely be a stupid question. Is there in Heart Gold and Soul silver a way to clone pokemon or items without action replay(I don't have one)?

"All of this sight, I can't believe I couldn't see. Kept in the dark, but you were there in front of me."

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Shadow View Post
    Hello, I have what will likely be a stupid question. Is there in Heart Gold and Soul silver a way to clone pokemon or items without action replay(I don't have one)?
    You can use a glitch using the Pokewalker for cloning.

Here is how to do it from Bulbapedia.

When a Pokémon is successfully transferred to the Pokéwalker but the game is turned off before saving, the Pokémon would appear in both the Pokéwalker and the PC Box it was in prior to the transfer. However, attempting to bring the Pokémon in the Pokéwalker back into the game would cause it to be released into the wild, even if the original Pokémon does not exist in the game any more, such as being traded or released. This is because the data of the Pokémon that was transferred was not saved onto the game, thus the game will not recognize the Pokémon that is on the Pokéwalker and release it. (The game only recognizes Pokémon caught from the Pokéwalker and the Pokémon's data that is stored in the game after the transfer. This is to prevent external or third-party devices from 'sending' Pokémon onto the game.)