FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 50

Page 50 of 346 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

@.woasaka: I'm trying to avoid the mentions, actually. I don't know if "drug" names count, but I wouldn't try it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon white 3DS

Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    It's actually not that difficult. I've managed to get a single Dragonite with all the abilities, and trust me, contests require no breeding unless you wanted a specific nature.

First, six (or even five) isn't that bad. I've won with that much. You have two other rounds to make it up. What are the colours of your hearts? Pink or red? The red hearts depend on the Pokemon's condition, the pink hearts on how you dress it up (you may want to check with the game itself at the contest hall). Platinum made getting well rounded conditions fairly easy with the ability to buy poffin at the department store basement in Veilstone. Just rotate between each type of poffin, feeding one type at a time. Your Pokemon, preferably would have a neutral nature. Or, if you have friends, make poffins yourself.

The key to the first round after getting your conditions is knowing what accessories to use. This should help. Just see what the theme is, close your DS so it auto-pauses and jot down which of those accessories would work for you.

As for the dance round, you just need to have good tempo.

The appeals round, I generally have a simple four-move formula that I can't quite remember.

->4 hearts if move first/last
    ->move first/last next turn
    ->Double heart next turn
    ->General appeal move

A master of none? My Dragonite would be insulted. Granted, it won all these ribbons pre-E4 meaning I didn't have to fight people like Fantina, though in their case, you just have to get lucky depending on what contest they're in, they can be impossible.
    Wow, thanks! I finally won! Now I just need to win the Tough Contests and Beauty contests and I'll have all the contest ribbons ^^ (Except Gen. 3 ones, of course)
    3DS FC: 0387 9244 2121

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Is there a difference between the natures of Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky and Serious? In the Nature Bulbapedia page it says that all of them don't make any changes to the stats or have a favourite or disliked flavour.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromas View Post
    @.woasaka: I'm trying to avoid the mentions, actually. I don't know if "drug" names count, but I wouldn't try it.
    It's woaska, but maybe you wrote that wrong on purpose too? Why using the @ then, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    Is there a difference between the natures of Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky and Serious? In the Nature Bulbapedia page it says that all of them don't make any changes to the stats or have a favourite or disliked flavour.
    Nope, no difference.

Plasbad for short Minimiscience's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    As far as I know, the only difference is the effect they have on Pokéathlon stats in HGSS.
    I fear naught but save file corruption.

Pearl FC: 0303 6397 4251
    HeartGold FC: 0260 6900 8265
    Black FC: 0819 3491 8420

Blog Entries

Follow JLomb on Tumblr

I just started Black and my Snivy has a Modest nature, meaning that her Sp.Atk is increased and Attack decreased, but her characteristic is Quick Tempered, meaning that she has Attack IV's (I think). I've been playing since Blue version, but I'm still noobish when it comes to IV's and EV's, so my question is will the Sp.Atk boosting nature and Attack boosting characteristic balance each other out to fairly neutral stats?
    Boosh!

3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343

Blog Entries

Are the genders of the Zen Darmanitan in the Desert Resort randomly generated or are they all males?
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

@Drakon the 1st one i caught was a female so i assume it's random.

Quote Originally Posted by JLomb View Post
    I just started Black and my Snivy has a Modest nature, meaning that her Sp.Atk is increased and Attack decreased, but her characteristic is Quick Tempered, meaning that she has Attack IV's (I think). I've been playing since Blue version, but I'm still noobish when it comes to IV's and EV's, so my question is will the Sp.Atk boosting nature and Attack boosting characteristic balance each other out to fairly neutral stats?
    having the Characteristic "Quick Tempered" (you're sure it's not "a little quick tempered"?) just means that it's highest IV is in it's Atk stat, thus meaning that stat will shine better than the rest of it's stats. It's atk iv is one of the following with that specific characteristic: 4, 9, 14, 19, 24, 29.
    And assuming it's a fresh pokemon, it won't have any EVs.

EV = points given to a pokemon for defeating (or participating in a battle and coming out the victor), +4 EVs = +1 stat point
    IV = hidden value between 0-31 that determine the internal potential of a pokemon (mainly competitively)

So basically, since your Snivy is Modest it's Atk. stat won't grow as quickly as it would with any other nature that aren't -Atk.
    But this is all just going off what i know so take my mumblings with a pint of salt :X
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 19th July 2011 at 10:31 PM.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I understand that in double battles, the power of moves that hit multiple targets (Surf, Rock Slide etc) have their damage reduced. How much is reduced in triple battles, when the attack will hit all 3 (say, a Pokémon in the middle uses surf)?

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Are the genders of the Zen Darmanitan in the Desert Resort randomly generated or are they all males?
    They are randomly generated with the gender ratio of 50% male and 50% female which is 1:1. I have a female Zen Mode Darmanitan from the Desert Resort.

Quote Originally Posted by woaska View Post
    Nope, no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimiscience View Post
    As far as I know, the only difference is the effect they have on Pokéathlon stats in HGSS.
    Thank you! :)
    Last edited by Water Max; 20th July 2011 at 08:09 AM.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

@.Joshawott: I believe that the power of any move that hits multiple Pokémon in triple battles has its power reduced to 75%, the same as in double battles. However, a Pokémon in the middle position using a multi-target move will receive an attack bonus that essentially brings the power of multi-target moves back up to their normal effectiveness.

Blog Entries

Follow JLomb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    @Drakon the 1st one i caught was a female so i assume it's random.

having the Characteristic "Quick Tempered" (you're sure it's not "a little quick tempered"?) just means that it's highest IV is in it's Atk stat, thus meaning that stat will shine better than the rest of it's stats. It's atk iv is one of the following with that specific characteristic: 4, 9, 14, 19, 24, 29.
    And assuming it's a fresh pokemon, it won't have any EVs.

EV = points given to a pokemon for defeating (or participating in a battle and coming out the victor), +4 EVs = +1 stat point
    IV = hidden value between 0-31 that determine the internal potential of a pokemon (mainly competitively)

So basically, since your Snivy is Modest it's Atk. stat won't grow as quickly as it would with any other nature that aren't -Atk.
    But this is all just going off what i know so take my mumblings with a pint of salt :X
    Thanks! That helped me understand it alot better (and it was Quick Tempered if it changes anything).
    Boosh!

3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Looking for help with my team!

As the title suggests I'm looking for some advice, I am currently having a lot of trouble with the champion, and to a lesser degree the 4th member of the elite4.

Here is my team - please be brutal in tearing it apart. Also if you could let me know of any changes in moves/pokemon/leveling etc~!!!! Thanks in advance :D.

Ampharos
    Lv40
    Rock Smash
    Thunder Punch
    Discharge
    Charge
    Item - Quick Claw

Feraligator
    Lv 38
    Crunch
    Waterfall
    Surf
    Ice Fang
    Item - Nevermelt Ice

Ho-oh
    lv46
    Extrasensory
    Sunny Day
    Fire Blast
    Sacred Fire
    Item - Amulet Coin

Togetic
    Lv35
    Fire Blast
    Fly
    Extrasensory
    Ancient Power
    Item - King's Rock

Nidoking
    Lv40
    Double Slap
    Dig
    Strength
    Horn Attack
    Item - Exp.Share(will most likely be changing who carries this!)

I also have a 36 Bellossom whom is usually part of my team, however he has proven quite useless in the elite4, I was considering raising either a machop or maybe an eevee evolution however I am open to suggestions!

Thanks,
    Kommander (James)

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking for help with my team!

Quote Originally Posted by Kommander View Post
    As the title suggests I'm looking for some advice, I am currently having a lot of trouble with the champion, and to a lesser degree the 4th member of the elite4.

Here is my team - please be brutal in tearing it apart. Also if you could let me know of any changes in moves/pokemon/leveling etc~!!!! Thanks in advance :D.

Ampharos
    Lv40
    Rock Smash
    Thunder Punch
    Discharge
    Charge
    Item - Quick Claw

Feraligator
    Lv 38
    Crunch
    Waterfall
    Surf
    Ice Fang
    Item - Nevermelt Ice

Ho-oh
    lv46
    Extrasensory
    Sunny Day
    Fire Blast
    Sacred Fire
    Item - Amulet Coin

Togetic
    Lv35
    Fire Blast
    Fly
    Extrasensory
    Ancient Power
    Item - King's Rock

Nidoking
    Lv40
    Double Slap
    Dig
    Strength
    Horn Attack
    Item - Exp.Share(will most likely be changing who carries this!)

I also have a 36 Bellossom whom is usually part of my team, however he has proven quite useless in the elite4, I was considering raising either a machop or maybe an eevee evolution however I am open to suggestions!

Thanks,
    Kommander (James)
    I think you should levle up most of your Pokemon because they are quite low leveled for the E-4 and also get rid of Horn Attack and Double Slap on Nidoking because it is useless and can be replaced with better moves.

@.Kommander: As your team is just meant to battle against the Elite Four, I would recommend simply leveling them up. Almost any decent team can take down the E4 so long as they're properly leveled. As you're using Ho-oh, I'll assume that you're fighting the Johto Elite Four - if you bring in a team where all of the members are around lv.50 and carry a good supply of healing items with you, you should be fine.