FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 42
Page 42 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Quote Originally Posted by ɑ Alpha ɒ View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think N will give you some Pokeballs if you don't have any at the time.
    Really?! How contradicting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ɑ Alpha ɒ View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think N will give you some Pokeballs if you don't have any at the time.
    Not N but a Team Plasma Grunt somewhere in the castle will give you some ultra balls.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Needed when stranded Flare's flash's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's say a togekiss with sensere grace and kings rock uses air slash.How high of a flinch rate is that(remember,kings rock can flinch)?
    BW_Red
    My Sprite is a recolor of Hilbert.If you have a problem with that,let me know.
    Most Idiodic things I've seen in Pokemon:
    I get Swanna to low health and it uses Brave Bird and kills itself.
    Male Audino uses attract on my Male Lampent 3 times
    (Thnx for the trainer card maker for the site.Its on the card)

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Flare's flash View Post
    Let's say a togekiss with sensere grace and kings rock uses air slash.How high of a flinch rate is that(remember,kings rock can flinch)?
    They stack, but it's kind of hard to explain so here's a link that explains it.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Quote Originally Posted by woaska View Post
    I would go for Rock Slide. It's good for the flying and fire weakness. Also, I would drop Megahorn (Moves with less than 100 acc annoys me, even though they could be good, but since you got X-Scissor, that would do it), and use Earthquake. I would even consider dropping toxic as well and pick up Poison Jab.

Since TM's are re-useable in gen V, I think you should try out what you like the most. Also, because of Scolipede's low sp.atk, I wouldn't ever use a special move (such as Sludge bomb).

There's no real reason to have Poison Jab if you have Megahorn/X-Scissor since Bug covers what Poison is SE against + more. And they're both STAB.
    Also, Megahorn's power is definitely worth the lower accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    A question of my own, is it possible to get more than ten ev's from a battle? I saw a comment on YouTube from someone saying that they got 30+ with a combo of a Macho brace and Pokérus. Was the guy lying?
    The maximum number of EVs you can gain from a single battle is 28, if you fight a wild double battle against two Pokémon that give 3 EVs each while holding a Power Item and infected with Pokérus ([3+4]*2*2=28). He was most likely referring to actual stat points rather than EVs; in Gens III and IV, it is possible to earn a very large number of stat points upon leveling up if sufficient EVs are earned; an untrained level 99 Pokémon with a standard 4/252/252 EV spread will earn a minimum of 63 points in 2 stats and 1 point in another stat when it reaches level 100, for a minimum total of 127 stat points at one time.

Default Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

In Pokemon Emerald, what do I need to do before I can battle each Gym Leader a third time? I've already challenged five of them to rematches once each, and the game isn't letting me battle them again.

Default Why do Heatran have genders?

This thread has probably already been created, but whatever.
    I didn't realize Heatran had genders until few weeks ago. Anybody have any ideas why?
    I'll keep on moving straight ahead!

Default Re: Why do Heatran have genders?

I haven't played Gen IV yet, so based on what I know of this Pokémon, which is based by its anime and film appearances only, I had no idea that Heatran was supposed to be a legendary, so I just assumed it would have genders.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Why do Heatran have genders?

Because GF prgrammed it that way, it isnt breedable though.

Please use Simple Questions,Simple Answers to discuss quetions like this in the future please.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Steel Pokémon Master Bulletproof Scales's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unlike other legends Heatran doesn't play a role, it's simply a rare species with gender differences. Even if you can obtain multiple Heatran (any legend) through trade, Platinum player 1 and Platinum player 2 is essentially the same character in the game universe where there's only one heatran from Stark Mountain, it can't reproduce with itself so therefore it can't breed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mason LMS View Post
    Question;

I'm filling up my PC so I can catch Zekrom in Dragonspiral tower instead of N's Castle. There were 8 boxes. I filled 8 then 9-16 appeared. (fml) If I fill 9-16 are more boxes going to pop up? If so then what is the limit?

Ouch. lol. Well thanks for the info. Prob won't have more questions out of me for a few days because I'll be busy doing this.
    just so you know no matter how many times you SR you won't be able to get a shiny one - for the sake of a 1 or 2 difference in IV's you're probably better just checking the stats at level 50 during the battle

if you're going for near perfect IV's you'd be quicker learning how to RNG (if it can be done on that battle - probably can but i'm not sure)
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Quote Originally Posted by siburke939 View Post
    just so you know no matter how many times you SR you won't be able to get a shiny one - for the sake of a 1 or 2 difference in IV's you're probably better just checking the stats at level 50 during the battle

if you're going for near perfect IV's you'd be quicker learning how to RNG (if it can be done on that battle - probably can but i'm not sure)
    I am going for at least 3 30+ IV's and a specific nature but thx for the info. I didn't know it was possible to RNG on BW??

e//
    Just finished filling box 16. Whoever did this the first time and discovered it was possible deserves a medal. If I didn't know FOR CERTAIN I could SR at the end then I would never ever be doing this. Lol.
    Thanks to all that've helped me! You know who you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletproof Scales View Post
    Unlike other legends Heatran doesn't play a role, it's simply a rare species with gender differences. Even if you can obtain multiple Heatran (any legend) through trade, Platinum player 1 and Platinum player 2 is essentially the same character in the game universe where there's only one heatran from Stark Mountain, it can't reproduce with itself so therefore it can't breed.
    By that logic the volcarona from Relic Castle shouldn't be able to reproduce with someone else's volcarona caught the same way. It doesn't work like that. Not to mention legionaries are not all relvant to the plot in some way, especially with how they have been over populating the pokemon world the last few generations.

Default Is there a way to trade your pokemon to your legit computer and then trade them back?

I know this may seem sorta stupid, but I have only played through White version once and I want to do it again but I already transferred all my rare/uber legendary pokemon to from HG and I can't afford to loose them. (I like freaking drool over mew and celebi not really :P)

Oh, and I have a Mac, to specify :3