FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 41

Page 41 of 346 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Quote Originally Posted by Discover View Post
    I caught an Exeggcute, because I want to add Exeggutor. So, I would like to know a good moveset for it. I don't care about IVs, Natures, etc. This is strictly for casual play. All advice/recommendations will be appreciated.
    If it's ability is Harvest,you could try the following moveset with a sleep or status removing berry:

Rest,Psychic,Poisonpowder,any Grass type damaging move

Objective; get a good Zekrom
    Question;
    To be able to soft reset for a Zekrom in Dragonspiral tower I need to
    1.) Have a full party when I encounter it in N's Castle
    2.) Have a full pc (all 8 boxes??)
    3.) Kill it when I encounter it at N's Castle

Is all of this correct? Is there anything I'm missing?
    Last edited by Mason LMS; 8th July 2011 at 05:29 PM.
    Thanks to all that've helped me! You know who you are!

Blog Entries

You will need full party, all full boxes and the game will let you catch it at Dragonspiral Tower.

-------------------------------

What would be better for Scolipede with this set: ([move], Toxic, X-Scissor, Megahorn) Rock Slide, Earthquake, Poison Jab or Sludge bomb?

This is a noncompetitive moveset.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

I have noticed that lots of people have little "shops" of pokemon they offer on this forum. I guess people just get a good pokemon then clone the hell out of it and trade it for other pokemon? I am unfamiliar with generation 5 battle stuff so I was wondering, are there problems with multiple people using cloned pokemon in competition? If someone gets a cloned event pokemon could they use it in all the competitions?(level and type restrictions notwithstanding) I am wondering this because I thought I might want to get a couple of pokemon that I liked, some are RNG abused and others are event pokemon. Would I run into problems if I got a commonly distributed pokemon that WASN'T hacked?

e/

I'm not just talking about random WiFi battling. I mean tournaments and stuff too.

e/e/

If someone cloned one of my pokemon and tried to use it in competition would that be a problem for me as well?

e/e/e/

My ebay order was messed up and instead of recieving Platinum I recieved Pokemon Ranger. Can this be of any use whatsoever in regards to playing on BW?
    Last edited by Mason LMS; 8th July 2011 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    What would be better for Scolipede with this set: ([move], Toxic, X-Scissor, Megahorn) Rock Slide, Earthquake, Poison Jab or Sludge bomb?

This is a noncompetitive moveset.
    I would go for Rock Slide. It's good for the flying and fire weakness. Also, I would drop Megahorn (Moves with less than 100 acc annoys me, even though they could be good, but since you got X-Scissor, that would do it), and use Earthquake. I would even consider dropping toxic as well and pick up Poison Jab.

Since TM's are re-useable in gen V, I think you should try out what you like the most. Also, because of Scolipede's low sp.atk, I wouldn't ever use a special move (such as Sludge bomb).

I have some question about the Pokéwalker. The watts that are sent to the DS game, what do they do?

And the special areas (Pokéwalker - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia), everything that's "event download", are they too late to get for me?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mason LMS View Post
    I have noticed that lots of people have little "shops" of pokemon they offer on this forum. I guess people just get a good pokemon then clone the hell out of it and trade it for other pokemon? I am unfamiliar with generation 5 battle stuff so I was wondering, are there problems with multiple people using cloned pokemon in competition? If someone gets a cloned event pokemon could they use it in all the competitions?(level and type restrictions notwithstanding) I am wondering this because I thought I might want to get a couple of pokemon that I liked, some are RNG abused and others are event pokemon. Would I run into problems if I got a commonly distributed pokemon that WASN'T hacked?

e/

I'm not just talking about random WiFi battling. I mean tournaments and stuff too.

e/e/

If someone cloned one of my pokemon and tried to use it in competition would that be a problem for me as well?

e/e/e/

My ebay order was messed up and instead of recieving Platinum I recieved Pokemon Ranger. Can this be of any use whatsoever in regards to playing on BW?
    Many people consider it cheating, as you are tweaking the game in your favour. I think cloned Pokémon are OK, as long as they are clones of legitimate Pokémon. Don't hold me to this though.

I would contact the seller on eBay, as this is false advertising, and if you can prove you purchased Pokémon Platinum, and not Pokémon Ranger, things should get sorted out. And the only use of Pokémon Ranger is to get a Manaphy egg, but this cannot be done until you complete the main story, and enter a code on Rangernet. I think other Pokémon can be obtained from Ranger sequels, but I think they were Wi-Fi distributed. If they where, you have missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by woaska View Post
    I have some question about the Pokéwalker. The watts that are sent to the DS game, what do they do?

And the special areas (Pokéwalker - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia), everything that's "event download", are they too late to get for me?
    Watts unlock more routes, and yes you have missed them. Still obtainable with an Action Replay mind you.
    Last edited by Oswin; 8th July 2011 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    Watts unlock more routes, and yes you have missed them. Still obtainable with an Action Replay mind you.
    Oh I see. I don't have AR, but I suppose I'm not missing anything that big except for surfing/flying Pikachu's. But then again, I don't think I would use them, haha. Thanks for answering (so fast)!

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know in Gen 4 there were the EV trainers with Riley and the others and I was wondering if there is anything like that in Gen 5? I know in the Stadium the majority of the Trainers/player's Pokemon give out Att and Def EV when there is a Football game, but what about with the other players/days?
    *May count as 2 questions but idk*

Question;

I'm filling up my PC so I can catch Zekrom in Dragonspiral tower instead of N's Castle. There were 8 boxes. I filled 8 then 9-16 appeared. (fml) If I fill 9-16 are more boxes going to pop up? If so then what is the limit?

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)
    24 is the limit, you must fill all 24 boxes
    Ouch. lol. Well thanks for the info. Prob won't have more questions out of me for a few days because I'll be busy doing this.
    Last edited by Mason LMS; 9th July 2011 at 07:26 AM.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

24 is the limit, you must fill all 24 boxes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by woaska View Post

They unlock new paths. As for the event download areas, it is too late to get them. You can hack them into your game.

------------

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRiolu View Post
    I know in Gen 4 there were the EV trainers with Riley and the others and I was wondering if there is anything like that in Gen 5? I know in the Stadium the majority of the Trainers/player's Pokemon give out Att and Def EV when there is a Football game, but what about with the other players/days?
    *May count as 2 questions but idk*
    There are no stat trainers in Gen V. As for the stadium trainers giving out Attack and Defense EVs, that is dependent on their pokémon.

------------

What would be a good moveset for a non-competitive (Battle Subway and ingame battle only) Braviary?

So far, he's running Fly, Brave Bird, Rock Slide and Superpower.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    What would be a good moveset for a non-competitive (Battle Subway and ingame battle only) Braviary?

So far, he's running Fly, Brave Bird, Rock Slide and Superpower.
    Take out fly and teach him Return or Bulk Up.

Anybody know what would happen if I showed up at N's castle with no pokeballs?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

You'd be stuck.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think N will give you some Pokeballs if you don't have any at the time.