FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 4

Page 4 of 346 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

never finished Gen. 2 ZeekSlider's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    When you catch a pokemon, it starts at 70, right? Well, if you're leveling it up and hatching eggs with it in the lead, it will gain a lot of points, but it may only be at a middling happiness, and so when the reader reads it, it gives the answer for bad/average happiness.
    Nope. At 70, both Pokemon Stadium and the Happiness Rater give the appropriate rating. (Stadium - Not Quite; HR - "It's not used to you yet.")

But with the Poliwhirl I had (prior to resetting its happiness via trading to turn it into Politoed) Stadium said its happiness rating was "Not at all" (the 0 - 44 range). I double checked this with the Happiness Rater, who gave me the "It looks mean." response.

It's now back at 70 thanks to the reset upon trading. I'll be keeping an eye on it as I walk around with it in my party, as I won't be likely to level it up any more than where it is now. It is my HM slave for Team Breeder, but I am curious as to why it just started to hate me so suddenly.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Crystal
    The Ultimate Goal of Team Breeder

Blog Entries

Default Re: Older Games Simple Questions Thread

My question is, why are there two older games simple questions threads?
    Looks like the older one was accidentally bumped, though it should've been locked when this new one was stickied. That's been remedied, and the recent posts made to the previous thread have been moved here.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

If I have a Sapphire game that its battery says it's not working, and using the patch from FRLGE doesn't work, is the only way to fix it by actually physically replacing the battery?

never finished Gen. 2 ZeekSlider's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I have a Sapphire game that its battery says it's not working, and using the patch from FRLGE doesn't work, is the only way to fix it by actually physically replacing the battery?
    Possibly. Although, breaking into Sapphire and doing the steps needed to replace that battery are more difficult than with the G/S/C games from what I've seen when I was researching how to replace internal batteries.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Crystal
    The Ultimate Goal of Team Breeder

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Possibly. Although, breaking into Sapphire and doing the steps needed to replace that battery are more difficult than with the G/S/C games from what I've seen when I was researching how to replace internal batteries.
    Well, my brothers' games' batteries died and the patch worked for neither of them, so it looks like we may have to replace it manually.

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

Default Re: G/S/C - Level 40 or Level 60 Lugia/Ho-Oh

I'd lean towards lv 40 too but if you're going to have to go to all that trouble then don't bother. I've played both games and caught both types, and I never noticed any difference in the strength of the Lugias. There's probably only a very minor difference
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    It's the same. Just use a different battery, the same one used for newer GB/GBC carts.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Is it possible on any of the Generation 3 games to respawn roamers that you've already killed, the same way that defeating the Elite 4 will regenerate the roamers in the Generation 4 games (and, Black and White, most likely)?

Well, my brothers' games' batteries died and the patch worked for neither of them, so it looks like we may have to replace it manually.
    Yeah, it didn't work with my Ruby or Sapphire cartridges, either. And I tried both my FireRed and LeafGreen...

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshi View Post
    Is it possible on any of the Generation 3 games to respawn roamers that you've already killed, the same way that defeating the Elite 4 will regenerate the roamers in the Generation 4 games (and, Black and White, most likely)?
    To be specific, if it was any of the Johto Beasts (FR/LG), i'm not entirely sure as far as fainting them but just to let you know, if they roared their way out of battle, then they're gone for good. it's one of a couple of glitches that affect them sadly :/
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 9th May 2011 at 05:25 AM. Reason: added source.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Well, guess that makes me all the more urutoraintelligento for keeping a spare Master ball to catch the dogs with. Granted, Suicune didn't have Roar, but was caught in one anyway.

Playing through Sapphire now (alongside Pearl, and Ruby, hoping to start Emerald once I finish Ruby or Sapphire) and I was wondering what I should use for the last member of my team? I have a Marshtomp, a Sableye, a Breloom, a Swellow, and a recently caught Seviper, what's a good sixth member for that team?

Blog Entries

i found Electrike and Torkoal to be valuable members in my run through Emerald. one is really fast, the other slow. take your pick.

Default Aurora and Mystery Tickets

Hey, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Japanese Gold and I'm at the end-game stage of Firered (grabbed it off ebay). How can I get the Aurora and Mystery Tickets to grab Deoxys, Houou and Lugia? Also, how do I obtain Mew? I know these items were given out during Nintendo events, but there has to be a way to obtain them now that they're LONG gone.

I also picked up Ruby and I heard there were Nintendo events for that and Heartgold which I'm picking up when I get a DS. So having missed all these events is there a way to obtain these items and rare Pokemon?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Neither FRLG/Emerald nor Ruby/Sapphire have any events that Nintendo's still carrying on. I'm pretty sure fateful encounter Celebi distributions have ended, and I have no idea about the Arceus events. Enigma Stone's probably a goner, too. You're too late; grab a DS AR, preferably with GBA compatability.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Aurora and Mystery Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji_Remastered View Post
    Hey, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Japanese Gold and I'm at the end-game stage of Firered (grabbed it off ebay). How can I get the Aurora and Mystery Tickets to grab Deoxys, Houou and Lugia? Also, how do I obtain Mew? I know these items were given out during Nintendo events, but there has to be a way to obtain them now that they're LONG gone.

I also picked up Ruby and I heard there were Nintendo events for that and Heartgold which I'm picking up when I get a DS. So having missed all these events is there a way to obtain these items and rare Pokemon?
    Sorry to say, but all those events have long since past. Your only hope to get them (legitimately) is to trade with someone who went to/attained those events.

Page 4 of 346 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast