FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 39

Page 39 of 346 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    I'm writing a fic about GSCHGSS but I've forgotten a detail and I need to work it out before I proceed.

I checked out 'pedia but I couldn't locate the information.

Do you meet Silver in the Mahogany Rocket HQ?

If so, is this before or after you battle Ariana?

Thanks in advance.
    You do, just before you battle Petrel :)

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    You do, just before you battle Petrel :)
    Ah, that's right! Thanks very much :)

I'm writing a fic about GSCHGSS but I've forgotten a detail and I need to work it out before I proceed.

I checked out 'pedia but I couldn't locate the information.

Do you meet Silver in the Mahogany Rocket HQ?

If so, is this before or after you battle Ariana?

Thanks in advance.
    Is it Rival's story 2? That would be awesome. I'm currently doing a HG monorun, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Igzz View Post
    Is it Rival's story 2? That would be awesome. I'm currently doing a HG monorun, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    It's Lance's story, actually, but it's set in the same universe as Rival's Story and there's a small amount of crossover.

Thanks for the offer, I'll VM you if I have any questions. :)

It's Lance's story, actually, but it's set in the same universe as Rival's Story and there's a small amount of crossover.

Thanks for the offer, I'll VM you if I have any questions. :)
    Oh, it's for Dragon Days. So this means that Mature chapters are soon going to enter the timeline of G/S/C events?

if I missed an event are there other ways to get the event pokemon? in the mystery gift menu I see "get from a friend" and "get via wireless" options
    White FC: 1936 0037 1884
    Character name: Kath
    I'm a "union tower people collector", please have your location registered in the geonet when trading with me :)

Pokemon AR Code Professor Prof. Kakashi151's Avatar

Default Re: How to use the PokeGen

Well..you don't need action replay to USE PokeGen..but all PokeGen is is a code creator. So to get the benefits of PokeGen, you need Action Replay.

As far as how to use it..it's actually pretty simple!

First, use the PID finder. (The little box above the species window.) Click on the little "F" next to the "PID" box, and you will go to a window where you can set all of the IV's you want the Pokemon in question to have. (NOTE: The higher the IV's are, the harder it will be to find a PID.)

Next, after you have the IV's set, set the species, gender, nature, shinyness, and ability you want the Pokemon to have. (Ability one is for abilities that the Pokemon would have in the wild on a normal basis. Ability two is the rarer of the two abilities. Look on Bulbapedia to learn the two abilities a Pokemon can have.)

Then search for a PID. If one is found, click "OK" and you will return to the main page. On the main page, you can edit almost everything about the Pokemon. The actual ability the Pokemon will have..event if it's not legal, such as wonderguard on a Spirtomb..etc.), experience/level, happiness, etc. Then move on to the next page, "MET". (Or any of them..but I go in order..)

On the "MET" page, you can change everything about where the Pokemon was obtained. You can make an event Pokemon look legit by making it from a Pokemon Event, or you can say to have caught the Pokemon on or at a specific place. (It's all listed on the MET page.)

Next, navigate to the STATS page. Here, you can further edit the IV's and EV's to your liking. Note however, that all "legal" pokemon will only have an EV total of 510. But the game allows you to make all of the EV's 255. (But if you want an actually plausible pokemon, make them equal 510 or less. :P )

Now we move onto the ATTACKS page..as you may have guessed, you can set all attacks the Pokemon will have. (The game doesn't care what Pokemon knows what moves either..so go ahead, give a Celebi Roar of Time, if that floats you boat.) Again, legal Pokemon have normally obtainable movesets..so use caution.)

Now we move onto the final tab, OT/MISC. Here you say who owned the Pokemon before you, or if you caught it. Don't worry about the extra bytes section...it's meaningless. Set any ribbons you want the Pokemon to have, and so on. If you want the Pokemon to look like it's yours, you need to set the ID and SID to what yours are, otherwise, the game will recognize the Pokemon as traded. Give the Pokemon any markers if you want..not that it does anything...and you're 99% done!

Now all that's left to do is select a place for the code to place the Pokemon in your game. Once you find a place, right click on that spot, and click SET FROM CONTROLS..or SET. The Pokemon you made will show up where you clicked. Now just generate the code. In PokeGen version 3.0b24..the code generator is located in the TOOLS tab at the top. In older versions, it's found directly under where you place the Pokemon. Create a code that is for your game, and activates however you are able to activate. (SELECT..L+R..etc.)

On V. 3.0b24..click copy under where the code preview is. In older versions, the code automatically copies in the clipboard of your computer. Next just use the AR Code Manager and input the code..and you're done!

Need to know how to use the Code Manager? Or have any questions about the above directions? Ask me to explain! I'll be glad to help!

-Professor K. 151. The Pokemon Code Professor. :D
    "My name's Kakashi. But everyone calls me the Pokemon Code Professor!"

If you need assistance in code creation or research, please let me know! I'll be glad to try and assist you! My email is kakashi151@ymail.com

Yes. I cheat on Pokemon. But my CELEBI, and numerous other Pokemon, are LEGAL.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

In Colosseum, where is a good place to train pokemon lv. 50 and up? I got my butt kicked by Evice, so I need to know where to train.
    My GPX+
    My 3DS FC is 5412-9933-2792.
    DON'T
    like my posts. It just annoys me.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

No, unfortunaly the Get from Friend option only worked for the Japanese Secret Key event in Platinum. The Get from Wireless option is used to download a Mystery Gift from a retail event only.

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Mt. Battle, Areas 8 & up.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Elite Four: Dragon Master Elite Four Lance's Avatar
    Follow Elite Four Lance On Twitter

Default Re: How to use the PokeGen

Very Detailed :) Thank you. But I need further help :/ I PMED you again.

Blog Entries

Is it possible to get a Female Zorua via the Event in Castelia town? Because I keep doing the Event over and over again, trying to get a Female Zorua :P

Ace Trainer Christy
    Videos | Art | Games

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerChristy View Post
    Is it possible to get a Female Zorua via the Event in Castelia town? Because I keep doing the Event over and over again, trying to get a Female Zorua :P
    No. That Zorua is always male. The Zoroark, however, is always female.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

What do the stars on a persons profile thing mean on Random matchup? Is it how proficient they are at the battles, or is it a representative of how far the trainer is into completing their game? I looked on Bulbapedia, but I couldn't find an answer.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    What do the stars on a persons profile thing mean on Random matchup? Is it how proficient they are at the battles, or is it a representative of how far the trainer is into completing their game? I looked on Bulbapedia, but I couldn't find an answer.
    I think it's how many matches they've won.
    50 wins = one star
    150 = two stars
    etc...(I don't know the exact number of wins for each star but I'm sure that's how it works.)