FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 346
Page 346 of 351 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 5252

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Registered User Pokémon Spectrum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I neep help with the Pokémon Dream Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Spectrum View Post
    I've been finding Igglybuff and Shuckle in droves, and quite frankly, I'm sick of it.
    Well, according to the Bulbapedia page those are Green orb Pokemon, have you tried focusing on Orange orbs for awhile?
    Yes, I have, and now all I'm finding are Staryu. It was a pain in the butt trying to get the orbs when they're orange, too. Why do the colors change to darn quickly? Why can't the orbs each be just one color, without any changing? Oh, and I reached the 3000 orb mark, but the Professor hasn't finished the Eureka Extension Y yet. Any ideas on why that is?
    I was born to be a winner... but I'll settle for being an ordinary Trainer.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

I heard, in Gen 4 that you can Sycronize the Roamer Pokemon (like Cressilia or Mespirit), but only if you lead with a Sycronizer when you first meet it so it starts roaming, because I also heard too, that the Nature and IVs are automanically set when you first meet it. Do you know what I mean?

Also, another question. For the Battle Tower/Subway for doing a Wi-fi challenge, when you beat 7 people and rank up, do you need to download another set to challenge the next rank, or what?
    Last edited by Shiny Shinx; 28th March 2014 at 03:41 PM.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Post Thanks / Like

This might not get a very factual answer, seeing as opinion comes into play, but I was wondering if it's still possible to finish Pokémon Emerald including most post-game content when the internal battery has run dry? Mine finally died not too long ago (and I don't dare replace it) but I really wanted to play it once more, including things as Contests (which Pokéblocks and thus Berries are kinda needed for, which no longer grow)

Or aren't there enough Berries and other such things available to properly complete these sidequests?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

On my Pokemon Soulsilver, I decided to grow some more Event Berries I planted, and after I forgot about them for awhile (oops), they restarted growing. However, I kinda just noticed that time based Events stopped happening for some reason, like the internal battery running dry in a Gen III game. Does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A... conundrum I have with Pokémon Platinum (regarding the Hoenn golems)

I do hope this is in the correct section, and that this question hasn't been asked far too often (I did try the search function, to no avail) that it has been reliquated to beating a dead horse, but...

I recently bought some of the older DS-era Pokémon games, to collect and bank (Pokémon Bank) legendaries and otherwise unattainable Pokémon to my Pokémon X game and... no matter what Pokémon knowledge base I visit, I can only reach one troubling, confusing speculation regarding the Hoenn golems. And correct me if I'm wrong:

To catch Regigigas in Pokémon Platinum, at level 1, I must:
    - Have caught Regirock
    - Have caught Regice
    - Have caught Registeel
    - Go to the Snowpoint Temple where Regigigas is held imprisoned

To catch Regirock, Regice and Registeel in Pokémon Platinum, I must:
    - Have an event-tagged Regigigas?

Is this correct? Because basically what that tells me is that... I can't get the level 1 Regigigas, because I require Regirock, Regice and Registeel... which I need a level 100 Pokémon movie event-based level 100 Regigigas for...

... to catch a level 1 Regigigas?

Super Moderator Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: A... conundrum I have with Pokémon Platinum (regarding the Hoenn golems)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy Dog View Post
    I do hope this is in the correct section, and that this question hasn't been asked far too often (I did try the search function, to no avail) that it has been reliquated to beating a dead horse, but...

I recently bought some of the older DS-era Pokémon games, to collect and bank (Pokémon Bank) legendaries and otherwise unattainable Pokémon to my Pokémon X game and... no matter what Pokémon knowledge base I visit, I can only reach one troubling, confusing speculation regarding the Hoenn golems. And correct me if I'm wrong:

- Have caught Regirock
    - Have caught Regice
    - Have caught Registeel

Is this correct? Because basically what that tells me is that... I can't get the level 1 Regigigas, because I require Regirock, Regice and Registeel... which I need a level 100 Pokémon movie event-based level 100 Regigigas for...

I dont believe you need to do that event to get Regigias in Platinum, but you need the three Regis with you when you go to catch it(which come from a Gen 3 game)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A... conundrum I have with Pokémon Platinum (regarding the Hoenn golems)

- Have caught Regirock
    - Have caught Regice
    - Have caught Registeel

It's true that you can only catch the Golems in Platinum if you have that even Regigigas, however you can also catch the Golems in the Ruby and Sapphire games then transfer them. You could also get them on Black or White 2. On BW2 you can also catch Regigigas if you have all three Regis on the game(I think)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellron View Post

Spoilered to cut down on length
    It's true that you can only catch the Golems in Platinum if you have that even Regigigas, however you can also catch the Golems in the Ruby and Sapphire games then transfer them. You could also get them on Black or White 2. On BW2 you can also catch Regigigas if you have all three Regis on the game(I think)
    The Regi trio can be caught in a few different ways, with different games being harder or easier.

- In Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, it is possible in game to capture all three Regis completely in-game (that is, no event items/Pokémon need to be brought in, no trades need to occur). It's a bit of a puzzle of how to unlock them all, but several guides online can show you how it's done (including Bulbapedia's pages on the Sealed Chamber, Desert Ruins, Island Cave, and Ancient Tomb). From there, you can transfer them to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to unlock the game's Regigigas.

- Platinum, as you mentioned does require the event Regigigas to unlock the Regi trio. However, I believe you only need the three golems from any source and not those specific three in order to get Platinum's Regigigas from Snowpoint Temple.

- Black 2 and White 2 also has the capability to capture all three Regis within one game at the Underground Ruins (more details on the page itself); however, because the method for doing so uses the Unova Link key feature, you will need at least some access to both versions of the game. Black 2 can unlock the Iron Key on it's own, and White 2 can unlock the Iceberg Key, but you'll need to share keys to get access to both Regice and Registeel on one game (Regirock is available by default). Once you've acquired all three (again, by any means, not just the BW2 ones specifically), Regigigas will be available for capture in Twist Mountain.

I hope that whole explanation made sense. I know it's a bit convoluted, so feel free to ask for any clarification.

Leigh, Wigan, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DunKhanate View Post
    Heya, quick question - I played Pokemon Ruby a fair while ago and would like to transfer my Pokemon to the current generation. Is there any way to do this without sending them via Gen IV or V games in between? (I don't have D/P/P/B/W - I was short on time and money at that time, sadly!)
    You need to have at least one Gen 4 and one Gen 5 Game to transfer From Ruby to X or Y. The only other way is trust your game with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
    This might not get a very factual answer, seeing as opinion comes into play, but I was wondering if it's still possible to finish Pokémon Emerald including most post-game content when the internal battery has run dry? Mine finally died not too long ago (and I don't dare replace it) but I really wanted to play it once more, including things as Contests (which Pokéblocks and thus Berries are kinda needed for, which no longer grow)

Or aren't there enough Berries and other such things available to properly complete these sidequests?
    Contest while possible, do need berries, or will have limited progress in to it. It is possible to obtain an "infinite" amount berries from other 3rd Gen games. In Emerald, some Wild Pokémon may hold berries, but they're rare at best. For Example Zigzagoon have 5% chance of Holding a Oran Berry.

If you've not got gotten Groudon and Kyrogre, it may not be possible to get them. Tides also don't work so the Shell bell and Snorunt could be unavailable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    On my Pokemon Soulsilver, I decided to grow some more Event Berries I planted, and after I forgot about them for awhile (oops), they restarted growing. However, I kinda just noticed that time based Events stopped happening for some reason, like the internal battery running dry in a Gen III game. Does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it?
    Did you change your DS clock for DST or changed DSes? Doing either of these thing will reset Berry Growth, and temporarily stop timed events.
    Serebii.net Forum Mod...
    What? If Joe can say runs Serebii next in his, why I can't I say what I do in mine.

http://mikesharpewriter.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverAura View Post
    I hope that whole explanation made sense. I know it's a bit convoluted, so feel free to ask for any clarification.
    I did get it even though, yes, it's monstrously convoluted.

Just a bummer that I need to buy a used DS just to unlock all these... and a second copy of White version 2 on top of that since I don't plan also buying a Nintendo Advance. So... correct me if I'm wrong; I'll have to play Black Version 2 and White Version 2 back-to-back to get a Regirock, Regice and Registeel and capture the Regigigas in Black 2 and White 2 (since I can transfer them across, to have all three in both, right?). But I can't transfer Pokémon back from Black Version 2 or White Version 2, so I can never obtain the level 1 Regigigas from that particular game?

In my plans, I'll have to play several times to capture a total of 3 Kyurem (one playthrough with a Black Kyurem, one playthrough with a White Kyurem, and one with a default Kyurem and a spare Reshiram/Zekrom).

Since I do plan on doing things the legitimate way, is there any worry about in regards to the Pokémon link trading from DS to 2DS, and then later from Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 to Pokémon X via the Pokémon Transporter? I have heard many differing rumors about the service, and with how much time and money this is costing me I don't want to see my legitimate Pokémon being just deleted because the system proves unreliable...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where can you get a Female Mr. Mime in Generation III Kanto???

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a legitimate way of getting a female Mr. Mime in Kanto's FireRed and Leaf Green versions. But the in-game trader on Route 2 only gives male Mr. Mimes for my Abras. I've even tried trading him a female Abra but to no avail.

Please help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where can you get a Female Mr. Mime in Generation III Kanto???

Find a Ditto (in the Cinnabar Pokémon Mansion), beat the league, go to the Day Care on the Sevii Islands and leave your Mr. Mime there with your Ditto

Then keep breeding till you get a female Barrierd

I don't know of a quicker way, sorry :/
    Last edited by Paleo; 23rd April 2014 at 03:33 AM.
    Viperia
    FC: 3909-8738-0113 / IGN: Thijs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In Pokemon White/Black (2), when you get a foreign Pokemon, and evolve it, will you get the foreign Pokedex entry for both of them?

For example, if I have an USA (English) White 2, and get a French Clefairy and get the French Pokedex entry for Clefairy, and evolve it into a Clefable, will I get the French Pokedex entry for Clefable?

Plus, will I get foreign Pokedex entries for Pokemon that were introduced in Gen V (Hydreigon, Beeyeehem, Reuniclus…)? If so, will the same thing of evolving them apply from above?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you will get the foreign entries as your Pokemon evolves. But this only works with non-Unova Pokemon. Even in Black/White 2, foreign Unova entires aren't available for some reason.
    Platinum - Kouki: 0906 5004 9697
    SoulSilver - Duo: 0689 7605 8729
    Black - Kou: 1850 1117 9840
    Black 2 - Leia: 4642 7760 5412

Post Thanks / Like
    Add owenpeterson on Facebook Add owenpeterson on Google+
    Visit owenpeterson's Youtube Channel

I have a question regarding Pokemon Puzzle League.

How do you win the medals for Marathon and Time-zone?