FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 344
Page 344 of 358 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 5369

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Can you breed surf onto pichu in G/S/C using pika that knows it?

topic title.

Blog Entries

It has perfect HP, Sp At, and Sp Def, or so its markings would seem to indicate (didn't take it out of the box to have it checked).

That's something I saw in a recent post in the "Is My Pokemon Hacked" thread. Is using the markings for that something that people do? I've received several Pokemon online with seemingly random markings...

Edit: Whoops, this is the wrong thread... I meant to use the Gen 6 one. I guess it still applies, though.

Default Hacking a Gen III save file?

Hi there! I've been replaying Yellow and Crystal, still haven't gotten all the Pokémon on either (though GameShark is helping in some aspects, but I often use Red as a "slave cart" to prevent an accidental wiping of Yellow), but since I'm done with questing all that's left basically amounts to grinding. I'm thinking about starting Gen III, but I never got in to it (or beat it). I never liked the fact that it scrapped Kanto or Johto (along with any mention of it), numerous bugs, Time Capsule, no day/night, etc.

However, the thing that was annoying was the e-Reader functionality that it created a large "gated garden" against anyone who didn't have one. What I wanted to ask if I could possibly hack a save file (on a REAL, GENUINE 2003 CARTRIDGE) to not only fix the Berry Bug but also add in the eReader functions as if I had scanned or communicated with someone who did. Anyone got any ideas? Possible?

I've come to accept that Gen III has no time capsule feature, but I'm wondering about the next best thing: is it possible with a GameShark to create a clone from Generation I/II stats? I mean, one of the reasons why it was dropped is a total reworking of most of the stats (IVs, EVs, and more that I really never got into). So for instance, my Pikachu from Yellow is Lv76, 167 HP, ID 15617 (OT / "Red"), Special 106, Speed 173, Defense 104, Attack 115, with the following moves: Thunder, Light Screen, Slam, and Surf.

I was wondering if it were possible to not only hack a Pikachu into appearing (properly) in Gen III but to take that Pikachu and rebuild it into my old Pikachu with all the other new stats falling into place.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 8th March 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

I'm just wondering, in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, if you delete the save data, will all the Event Missions still be on there? And if so, can you re-send the gift if you delete the save data and complete the game again and play the mission again? 'Cause I want to get another Heatran...

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    I'm just wondering, in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, if you delete the save data, will all the Event Missions still be on there? And if so, can you re-send the gift if you delete the save data and complete the game again and play the mission again? 'Cause I want to get another Heatran...
    The missions will still be there, but you won't be able to get another copy of the Pokémon.

So I've been trying to hunt down a copy of HeartGold since about January or February, and am having a hard time. The only four sites I can find with copies of HeartGold are Amazon, Gamestop, Play-Asia, and Newegg. I have zero experience with Newegg, Gamestop lists the game but doesn't have it for sale around me (can't buy online, and only shows "new" copies, no used), Amazon is consistently $60 for new and $50 for used, and Play-Asia only has copies of the Japanese version available right now, for $62-something. (ebay has the game for sale, but I'm too nervous to use ebay lol)

Okay, so, $60 seems a bit much for me, but then again it's for NEW copies of the game...I know Pokemon is a VERY popular series so trying to buy older games for the series would be rather difficult. So my question is, is that $60 a fair price and not a rip off? Like I'm not made of money...and actually the two cheapest prices right now are $66 with $3.99 shipping or $64 with $5.99 shipping. ): The cheapest used prices on Amazon are $53 or $56 with $3.99 shipping (the $56 seller has better ratings). But that's for ONLY a cart...I feel spending 40-60 for JUST a cart is a huge rip off, but maybe my standards are too high? I've never bought a Pokemon game so far away from its release date before, so I need some second opinions if anyone has advice. I know prices for these older games can fluctuate, and I can be patient, but buying a DS Professor Layton game in 2014 is different from buying DS Pokemon games... (Hey Unwound Future can you jump back down to $10 please lol)

So in sum, are there any other websites selling this (that will ship to US) that I missed, and are there cheaper prices available than almost $70 for new and $50 for ONLY a cart?

I know this isn't about gameplay, so I apologize if this is considered off topic.

EDIT: Okay I forgot Best Buy also lists the game on their site, used for $19.99, which I would totally buy buuuut not available in stores near me / can't get online. ):
    Last edited by cyberdramon64; 10th March 2014 at 03:44 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-6482-1990

In Gen II, what are the chances of a Pokemon Swam happening? ...Is it done by an algorithm, is it completely random? What are the game mechanics of a swam happening?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdramon64 View Post
    So I've been trying to hunt down a copy of HeartGold since about January or February, and am having a hard time. The only four sites I can find with copies of HeartGold are Amazon, Gamestop, Play-Asia, and Newegg. I have zero experience with Newegg, Gamestop lists the game but doesn't have it for sale around me (can't buy online, and only shows "new" copies, no used), Amazon is consistently $60 for new and $50 for used, and Play-Asia only has copies of the Japanese version available right now, for $62-something. (ebay has the game for sale, but I'm too nervous to use ebay lol)

Okay, so, $60 seems a bit much for me, but then again it's for NEW copies of the game...I know Pokemon is a VERY popular series so trying to buy older games for the series would be rather difficult. So my question is, is that $60 a fair price and not a rip off? Like I'm not made of money...and actually the two cheapest prices right now are $66 with $3.99 shipping or $64 with $5.99 shipping. ): The cheapest used prices on Amazon are $53 or $56 with $3.99 shipping (the $56 seller has better ratings). But that's for ONLY a cart...I feel spending 40-60 for JUST a cart is a huge rip off, but maybe my standards are too high? I've never bought a Pokemon game so far away from its release date before, so I need some second opinions if anyone has advice. I know prices for these older games can fluctuate, and I can be patient, but buying a DS Professor Layton game in 2014 is different from buying DS Pokemon games... (Hey Unwound Future can you jump back down to $10 please lol)

So in sum, are there any other websites selling this (that will ship to US) that I missed, and are there cheaper prices available than almost $70 for new and $50 for ONLY a cart?

I know this isn't about gameplay, so I apologize if this is considered off topic.

EDIT: Okay I forgot Best Buy also lists the game on their site, used for $19.99, which I would totally buy buuuut not available in stores near me / can't get online. ):
    I know that I've seen it in GameStop for $49.99 used w/o packaging before. Considering they're still selling it at full value 4 years after it came out, I don't see you easily finding it cheaper. You might, though.

Default Re: Can you breed surf onto pichu in G/S/C using pika that knows it?

As far as I know this is impossible without using a cheating device or game editor of some sort. Pikachu would only be able to pass down moves, tms, and hms that it would normally be able to learn itself. Well don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure...

Default Is this Platinum Cartridge a fake ?

Hi ,

Hope this is the right section to post in.

I wanted to start getting back into pokemon and so bought pokemon platinum from eBay. The reason I bought it from eBay is because it said SEALED brand new and had a 30 days return policy. Thought why not.

Anyway , I am pretty sure the manual is fake as the page numbers are not in the same position.

The only reason I am suspicious about the Cartridge is that it says 'Licensed' by between the 'The Pokemon Company' and the 'Nintendo'. I am afraid I can not test it out as I am not getting a DS untill the end of the month.

Any feedback would be appreciated , I believe it is the USA copy.

p1040167.jpgp1040166.jpg

Humanity's Stongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter

Default Re: Is this Platinum Cartridge a fake ?

Quote Originally Posted by k.mca View Post
    Hi ,

I wanted to start getting back into pokemon and so bought pokemon platinum from eBay. The reason I bought it from eBay is because it said SEALED brand new and had a 30 days return policy. Thought why not.

Anyway , I am pretty sure the manual is fake as the page numbers are not in the same position.

The only reason I am suspicious about the Cartridge is that it says 'Licensed' by between the 'The Pokemon Company' and the 'Nintendo'. I am afraid I can not test it out as I am not getting a DS untill the end of the month.

p1040167.jpgp1040166.jpg
    Everything about it looks legit except for that. My legit Platinum cartridge does not say "licensed by" anywhere on it. Ebay from what I understand has a lot of fake games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by k.mca View Post
    Hi ,

p1040167.jpgp1040166.jpg
    Everything about it looks legit except for that. My legit Platinum cartridge does not say "licensed by" anywhere on it. Ebay from what I understand has a lot of fake games.
    Thanks , I may raise this with the seller. Any more feedback , I should hopefully have a friends DS by tomoro to check it out. I really dont want to complete this only for it to crash at the end ! :(

@k.mca On my US Platinum cartridge, the Nintento text below The Pokemon Company is black, but on your picture it's red. The red and black "lines" in the background on mine are also more...streaky? They aren't just a completely filled in line, but kinda fade out as they get closer to the white background. If that makes sense. So because of those differences it does seem to be a fake cartridge. Maybe it'll still work even if it's a bootleg? |D Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdramon64 View Post
    @k.mca On my US Platinum cartridge, the Nintento text below The Pokemon Company is black, but on your picture it's red. The red and black "lines" in the background on mine are also more...streaky? They aren't just a completely filled in line, but kinda fade out as they get closer to the white background. If that makes sense. So because of those differences it does seem to be a fake cartridge. Maybe it'll still work even if it's a bootleg? |D Good luck!
    Thanks just noticed that , would you mind looking at this ( POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION AND MARIO PARTY DS GAME CARD FOR DS, DSL,DSI,3DS 045496740184 | eBay ) is that the same as yours ? Will hopefully be testing it out tomorrow going to borrow a friends DS.

Unfortunately that looks fake too ):

Can't take a pic of my game but this pic looks just like it http://cdn2.sulitstatic.com/images/2011/1209/06530099_0649076010468c251a38df97558691020858b76ab3df80f5b.jpg Maybe you can understand the "streaky" comment I made earlier if that was confusing? Also, notice the white space between "Pokemon" and "Platinum Version"? On the ebay listing, the white isn't there.

Actually from your link I saw this listing with a way bigger picture POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION DS for Nintendo DS, Cartridge only 045496740184 | eBay This cartridge really resembles mine: has that white space, the streaky lines, the spacing and color of "the Pokemon Company" and "Nintendo" all looks the same. Man ebay is a headache lol.