FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 332

Page 332 of 346 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 5184
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Hi folks!
    I'm playing Pokemon Platinum and I'm looking for a good 3-man team for Battle Frontier including Toxicroak and Gliscor in it (If that can turn out well :S ) . My idea was to add Vaporeon as the 3rd Member.. Now i hope you guys can give me some tips/ideas what EV's, Attacks and Items i should pick !

Default Has GF Ever Discussed Or Mentioned GTS Aggravation?

Hi - I have been kind of over the GTS lately. I mean... I don't know what to even say. I wish there was a way to reach all of these morons out there and tell them that just because people are putting up absurd requests does not mean it WORKS. I think many people don't realize that a lot of people do not want their trade offers accepted & that is why the unrealistic requests.

This does not mean you can put up a level 4 Roselia & ask for frickin....level 98 Giratina!! NO. Listen: There are some Pokemon who evolve by trade and you can put them up there on the GTS to get that done. And people have whatever other reasons for asking for Pokemon that they will never get. THIS DOES NOT MEAN that you can start going & offering up your dinky little doohickey for the cost of a brand new yacht. Or something. Look, I'm so annoyed I cant even think right LOL.

If you or somebody you know suffers from the condition known as "being 12 years old", please understand/tell that person to stop clogging up the GTS with their idiocy. Thank you. LOL.

This has been a public service announcement from Yaelle G.

Oh right - I had an actual question I was wondering about GameFreak. It seems like they're reclusive hermits with no communication to or from the outside world. I just want somebody to be able to let them know that they need to revamp the daggone GTS rules!!! Have they ever addressed that issue at all, or communicated anything about it? Why, God, Why?? There should be some sort of restrictions. I don't want our abilities to be stifled or anything, but come on. Maybe there can be a mandatory IQ quiz, or heck I dunno LOL just for users to prove that they know what they're doing & are not price gouging. (Speaking of that, I hate Amazon very much because of what they do to their Pokemon games. Just as with the GTS, some guy once put up a Pokemon game for like $700 and now everybody & their mother thinks that they can do the same. Its just sickening out there cuz what happens is nobody can get anything (basically) because of the sheep mentality that I think is going on over at Amazon with Pokemon games.

I could be wrong but this is how it looks to me. Shoot. A level 90 Forrestress for a newly hatched Bidoof. I will come over there!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

A lot of times I think people are doing this

A: To try and clone Pokemon

B: to troll aka they don't actually intend to trade that Pokemon at all.

Unfortunately, I don't know if Game Freak cares or sees the need to fix the situation.
    YaelleG likes this.

Default Breeding help?

I know that breeding 2 pokemon from different countries increases the chance of a shiny, and I'm pretty sure breeding a shiny with a non-shiny increases it too. So if I were to breed my shiny, Euro Salamence and non-shiny, Japanese Ditto, what would the chance of getting a shiny Bagon be?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Breeding help?

Quote Originally Posted by SCP-079 View Post
    I know that breeding 2 pokemon from different countries increases the chance of a shiny, and I'm pretty sure breeding a shiny with a non-shiny increases it too. So if I were to breed my shiny, Euro Salamence and non-shiny, Japanese Ditto, what would the chance of getting a shiny Bagon be?
    Breeding a shiny with a non shiny does not increase your chances of getting a shiny any more, however, since the two Pokemon are from different language games, the odds of getting a shiny do increase, however no more than two non shiny Pokemon from different language games.

Default Re: Has GF Ever Discussed Or Mentioned GTS Aggravation?

Quote Originally Posted by YaelleG View Post
    This does not mean you can put up a level 4 Roselia & ask for frickin....level 98 Giratina!! NO. Listen: There are some Pokemon who evolve by trade and you can put them up there on the GTS to get that done. And people have whatever other reasons for asking for Pokemon that they will never get. THIS DOES NOT MEAN that you can start going & offering up your dinky little doohickey for the cost of a brand new yacht. Or something. Look, I'm so annoyed I cant even think right LOL.
    Since it's too specific, maybe the case is that the person got more than one game, just one DS and no friends, so they try to trade with themselves to transfer their own pokémon. It's understandable, since we don't have external boxes to do that yet.
    YaelleG likes this.

Default Erm....The Math Doesnt Add Up For My Pokedex

Maybe its because I was up too late last night playing video games (by late last night I mean its 1130am now), but something doesnt add up, literally.

According to my in-game pokedex, I have seen 150 & obtained 138. (and for the national it says 314 & 343) I know I saw all of the Pokemon in Sinnoh cuz a guy came & high fived me or whatever. The Sinnoh dex is comprised of #s 387 to 493. Last I checked, that was 106 but I dunno. Anything is possible here its a video game!

So 150 minus 138 is 12....there should be 12 regional pokemon that I still need to catch. Yet - - - just looking at Pokemon I know I don't have, and double checking with the incomplete entries on my Pokedex...here's the cocaine-fueled math that happens:

These are the regional pokedex entries that I have incomplete info for, meaning I saw but have not caught them. The # equals exactly that 12 that I am missing.
    1. #141 Mantine
    2.#140 Mantyke (not for lack of trying grrr)
    3. #139. Milotic
    4. #134 Finneon (oops. I can get that)
    5. #130 Toxicroak (working on it)
    6. #112 Munchlax (in nursery now)
    7. #111 Garchomp (another oversight)
    8. #108 Spiritomb
    9. #75 Honchkrow
    10. #50 Beautifly
    11. #49 Silcoon (what!? makes no sense)
    12. #35 Steelix BUT...BUT BUT BUT ...how is it that if I dont have Darkrai, Heatran, Phione, Manaphy and I think a couple of others that are within that range - and I KNOW i don't have those! - I still have the full amount when they are included in between the 387 & 493 of Sinnoh??
    Hope this makese sense. I am going to bed now will hopefully check back later for a response. Thanks!

Default Re: Erm....The Math Doesnt Add Up For My Pokedex

Are you playing Diamond/Pearl or Platinum? Sounds like DP (Platinum's regional Dex is larger).

...how is it that if I dont have Darkrai, Heatran, Phione, Manaphy and I think a couple of others that are within that range - and I KNOW i don't have those! - I still have the full amount when they are included in between the 387 & 493 of Sinnoh??
    Well, we know that G4 expanded the National Pokedex by +107 entries (387 thru 493). Diamond/Pearl has 150 Pokemon in its regional Dex (not counting Manaphy, who makes 151). If you've seen all of the Pokemon in this range, you get the reward for it (which I believe was the National Dex upgrade?), so that at least adds up.

There are many Generation IV Pokemon not included in DP's regional Dex, namely the gross-generational evos (like Leafeon/Glaceon). There are also seven Pokemon not in even in Platinum's expanded Sinnoh Dex (they're all event exclusive, e.g. Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus). Thus, if you've caught/seen these Pokemon, they count towards your National totals but not Sinnoh regional.

I'm not sure I understand the question, so first check your National Pokedex in-game: If you don't have them, you will see 'holes' in that section of the listing.
    YaelleG likes this.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Hi folks!

I need help =(
    I just started a new game on my Pokemon White version and I got a new game sync ID . Now i want my actual ID to be deleted so that I can register my new ID on Pokemon Global Link.
    Now I found out that I have to contact the Pokemon Support team, but I do not know what "section" to contact. In addition I do know that I have to give them informations about my actual Account like: Actual ID, Username, Date of birth etc.

Is there anybody who experienced and solved this problem?

(soory for my english) :P

Sorry for another question....yikes.
    I just got started on White 2 & got the X Tranceiver. Dude in-game says that it can be used to check out Pokemon that are in the area where you are at the time of using it....I looked ALL over the place on that thing & I see absolutely no way of doing that. Really, other than answering a call I don't so much see how to use it at all but that's a whole another issue.

Blog Entries

Sorry for another question....yikes.
    I just got started on White 2 & got the X Tranceiver. Dude in-game says that it can be used to check out Pokemon that are in the area where you are at the time of using it....I looked ALL over the place on that thing & I see absolutely no way of doing that. Really, other than answering a call I don't so much see how to use it at all but that's a whole another issue.
    You mean the Habitat List? You can see that in your Pokedex. There's a button that says "Habitat". The X Tranceiver is just used for calls.
    YaelleG likes this.

OK thanks Shiny Celebi - BTW I ended up googling it & I found something saying that it was a mistranslation from the Japanese to the English that made them say that in-game! They actually said ...what I mentioned up above. So yup big misunderstanding.

Easily wears comfy shorts Ravioko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ravioko's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Breeding help?

Quote Originally Posted by SCP-079 View Post
    Well, breeding a shiny with a non-shiny doesn't change your chances, nor does breeding two non-shinies or two shiny Pokemon. However, you're correct in the part where 2 Pokemon of different countries will increas your chances. With just this, your chances of hatching a shiny Pokemon are 1/1365.
    BUT
    A word of advice - if you did this, AND use the Shiny Charm (assuming you're playing a copy of Black or White 2) then your chances are 1/1024. Still not super likely, but much more likely than your initial chances

Easily wears comfy shorts Ravioko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ravioko's Youtube Channel

I'm unsure if this is the right thread to post this in...buuuut -
    I hatched a (shiny) Misdreavus the other day, and I don't plan on using it anytime soon (I want to transfer that, along with a few other Lv1 Pokemon to my copy of X and use them on my team post-game). However, one of the moves I want her to know is Hidden Power.
    But Hidden Power is complicated....it's typing depends on the Pokemon's IVs, and stuff as I'm sure a lot of you know. So how can I make sure my Misdreavus' Hidden Power is a fighting type move?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmphiGamer View Post
    I'm unsure if this is the right thread to post this in...buuuut -
    I hatched a (shiny) Misdreavus the other day, and I don't plan on using it anytime soon (I want to transfer that, along with a few other Lv1 Pokemon to my copy of X and use them on my team post-game). However, one of the moves I want her to know is Hidden Power.
    But Hidden Power is complicated....it's typing depends on the Pokemon's IVs, and stuff as I'm sure a lot of you know. So how can I make sure my Misdreavus' Hidden Power is a fighting type move?
    You can't choose a Hidden Power type. You'd have to change it's IVs to do so assuming it doesn't have Hidden Power Fighting, and that isn't possible without hacking.