FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 331

Page 331 of 346 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 5186
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Quote Originally Posted by 0silverphoenix View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked before:
    Say I beat White Treehollow and get the Shiny Dratini from Benga. If I change my Treehollow to Black Tower and beat it, will I be able to get the Shiny Gible as well?
    I believe this to be a no.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Queen of Arendelle 0silverphoenix's Avatar

Oh well. Thanks for the help!
    I love all things Disney!!

W2 FC: 0347 7142 8369
    3DS FC: 4682 8523 1396

Default Re: Special Attack EV Training

Quote Originally Posted by RiverAura View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serac View Post
    Hi, all.

Just started EV training, and starting on Emerald. I'm trying to train up an Abra with Special attack, but don't know where the best place is to train.

Any ideas? Cheers.
    Cheers, I'll give it a shot.

According to Smogon, the best place to train Sp. Attack in Emerald is Route 113 by battling Spinda (70% chance of appearing, 1 EV each) and Slugma (25% chance, 1 EV each). Just be careful not to fight the Skarmory, since they give Defense EVs instead.

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Hey guys, I need help...

I'm playing LeafGreen and I'm interested in training an Exeggutor. I want its moveset to be Giga Drain, Psychic, Hypnosis and Leech Seed. The problem is that Exeggutor (nor Exeggcute) learn Psychic by level-up, and I already used the TM29 one gets from the man in Saffron City on my Magmar. Is it possible to get another TM29 in my game? Thanks!

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Hey guys, I need help...

I'm playing LeafGreen and I'm interested in training an Exeggutor. I want its moveset to be Giga Drain, Psychic, Hypnosis and Leech Seed. The problem is that Exeggutor (nor Exeggcute) learn Psychic by level-up, and I already used the TM29 one gets from the man in Saffron City on my Magmar. Is it possible to get another TM29 in my game? Thanks!
    Depends on what you taught Psychic to, did it by chance happen to be a male in the grass egg group? If so you could breed it onto an Exeggcute. If not, I'm thinking you're out of luck man.

Edit: Just reread what you wrote and saw you taught it to Magmar, tough luck dude

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

This could go for any gen I guess. I have wondered for a long time how this works:
    Say I've got Swablu vs Grimer.

Grimer: uses screech/leer/tail whip. Swablu's defense falls.
    Swablu: uses harden/iron defense/barrier or whatever. So his defense rises.

Now doesn't this just put Swablu right back to where he was to begin with? And I wonder about this because it seems like in a lot of battles, you could just keep on going 1 step forward one step back & get Nowhere. What are the rules to how this works?

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by YaelleG View Post
    This could go for any gen I guess. I have wondered for a long time how this works:
    Say I've got Swablu vs Grimer.

Grimer: uses screech/leer/tail whip. Swablu's defense falls.
    Swablu: uses harden/iron defense/barrier or whatever. So his defense rises.

Now doesn't this just put Swablu right back to where he was to begin with? And I wonder about this because it seems like in a lot of battles, you could just keep on going 1 step forward one step back & get Nowhere. What are the rules to how this works?
    You're just about absolutely correct. Let me explain how this would work a bit:

Grimer uses Screech. Swablu's defense falls to -2. Swablu, after that, uses Iron defense. It's defense would then increase by +2, leaving its defenses at a total of 0 pretty much neutralizing the -2 that it had previously.

But keep in mind that Swablu could also learn Cotton Guard. Seeing as Swablu moves first before Grimer, it can use cotton guard, which would increase its defense to +3. If Grimer uses Leer, it would drop its defenses down at stage, to where it would get +2 instead. If Grimer uses screech, then Swablu's defenses drop to +1. But then the latter can just cotton guard again to increase its defense to +4, rendering Grimer's efforts pretty useless.

I hope this helps ^^; In a standard scenario, I suppose you could go back and forth and get absolutely nowhere, but in swablu's case, it gets a blessing that is cotton guard, so it doesn't really have to worry much about defense decreases.

Just a small question here...

In the Champions Tournament in Black 2 and White 2, why does Red participate? He was never the Champion in any game :S In Blue, Red, FireRed and LeafGreen, the Champion was Blue. In Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver, Lance was the Champion. In Ruby and Sapphire, Steven was the Champion, and in Emerald, Wallace was. In Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, Cynthia was the Champion. In Black and White, Alder was the Champion, and in Black 2 and White 2, Iris was the Champion.

If they wanted to represent the player becoming the Champion, shouldn't have Ethan, Brendan, Lucas, Hilbert and Nate have participated too? And if that's the case, Kris, May, Leaf, Dawn, Lyra, Hilda and Rosa should participated as well. I think it's a little unfair that Red gets a special treatment when he doesn't really deserve it (although I do agree that he's the most badass trainer in the series).

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Part me of wants to say that its for the sake of nostalgia, and part of me also wants to say that Red and Blue are pretty much in the same games; one can't really been seen without the other (I can be wrong about this, but this is just what I've seen so far). So since Blue is in the tournament, my best guess is that Red must've caught wind somehow and was like "well, why the hell not, since he's participating.".

..That's how I saw it, anyway. xD;

In Pokémon Ranger, can you receive one Manaphy egg per game save or per cartridge? Also, am I correct in thinking that the first Pokémon ranger could only send the Manaphy egg to Diamon and Pearl, but the sequels could send the egg and any generation IV game?

Black FC: 2796 3048 5683

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by A_Fire_Hazard View Post
    In Pokémon Ranger, can you receive one Manaphy egg per game save or per cartridge? Also, am I correct in thinking that the first Pokémon ranger could only send the Manaphy egg to Diamon and Pearl, but the sequels could send the egg and any generation IV game?
    I can't answer all the questions that you have asked but I do know that the sequels of Pokémon Ranger can send the egg to any Generation IV game.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Blog Entries

For the first question, since the Ranger Net missions are outside the regular save file (and don't get reset upon starting a new game), you can only get one Manaphy egg per game cartridge.

For the first question, since the Ranger Net missions are outside the regular save file (and don't get reset upon starting a new game), you can only get one Manaphy egg per game cartridge.
    So, if I got a used copy of the game, and the Manaphy egg mission had already been completed, how would I be able to tell? If there is any way to know, that is?
    The only missions that show up in the Ranger Net are "Gain Deoxys's Trust?!," "Rescue Celebi!," and "Find Mew, the Mirage!"

Blog Entries

So, if I got a used copy of the game, and the Manaphy egg mission had already been completed, how would I be able to tell? If there is any way to know, that is?
    The only missions that show up in the Ranger Net are "Gain Deoxys's Trust?!," "Rescue Celebi!," and "Find Mew, the Mirage!"
    If the mission isn't showing up yet, it hasn't been completed, so you should be fine. Bulbapedia's Ranger Net page has instructions for unlocking it if you need them.

If the mission isn't showing up yet, it hasn't been completed, so you should be fine. Bulbapedia's Ranger Net page has instructions for unlocking it if you need them.
    Alright. Thanks so much for the help, friend.