FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 329
Page 329 of 354 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 5310

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

  1. #4921
    Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    23,320
    Blog Entries
    200
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by tala27 View Post
    i mean random encounter in order to find a shiny more easier. in the videos i see the person running back and forth and then a shiny shows up. i would like to know more about this technique...the do's and don't's
    There are very few ways to find a shiny easily. The regular encounter rate for shinies is 1/8192 unless you have the Shiny Charm which makes it 1/2730 chance of encountering. What games are the people using in these videos?

  2. #4922
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    united states
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    gen 5 games. i've seen B/W. Maybe a little more with White 2

  3. #4923
    Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    23,320
    Blog Entries
    200
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by tala27 View Post
    gen 5 games. i've seen B/W. Maybe a little more with White 2
    The Shiny Charm is BW2 only after completing the National Dex and makes finding shinies a little easier, but without it it's just the regular encounter rate. Unless you are hacking or using RNG abuse, there is no real easy way to get shinies through Random Encounter.

  4. #4924
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    united states
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    ok..i guess some of those people are just lucky when it takes only 76 encounters. But this technique of running back and forth in same row, it's called random cause one doesn't know which pokemon will come out shiny?

  5. #4925
    Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    23,320
    Blog Entries
    200
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by tala27 View Post
    ok..i guess some of those people are just lucky when it takes only 76 encounters. But this technique of running back and forth in same row, it's called random cause one doesn't know which pokemon will come out shiny?
    Yes, you won't know it's shiny until it is encountered shiny in battle and any encounter can be a shiny Pokemon.

  6. #4926
    一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Senior Writer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    York, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,795
    Blog Entries
    39
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Help with Medal

    Quote Originally Posted by Branfili View Post
    Which Pokemon and why you recommend for the winning of the Psychic-type Champ Medal in White 2?
    I have obtained the Psychic-type Champ Medal in White 2 by using Jirachi (with Draco Meteor), Victini (Movie 14), Deoxys (Team Plasma's), Slowking, Exeggutor and Gallade for winning the Psychic-type Champ Medal. I used those Pokémon because I usually have a Grass, Fire and Water type Pokémon in my parties, Deoxys has Dark Pulse, Gallade has Close Combat and Jirachi's Steel type is useful against Iris's Dragon type Pokémon and it also has Draco Meteor, Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon. If you don't have the three event Pokémon I would teach Flamethrower and Ice Beam to Slowking, replace Victini with a Latias that knows Draco Meteor, replace Jirachi with a Metagross that knows Thunder Punch and Flash Cannon and replace Deoxys with a Gothitelle that knows Brick Break and Dark Pulse (from breeding with Lucario).
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Senior Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v5].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

  7. #4927
    Registered User zblue24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Is there a way to get a Pokemon from Black/White to Black/White 2 but make it so that the Pokemon is still yours, nicknameable etc? Like Pal Park. Or is the only way to trade?

  8. #4928
    Lord Servine Ruuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia, Tas
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    The only way a Pokemon Game will recognize a Pokemon as "yours" [Nicknameable and such] is that you need to get both the Trainer ID and Secret ID to match.
    I'd just name it before the PokeTransfer process.

  9. #4929
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Haifa, Israel, Israel
    Posts
    1

    Default Learn with Pokemon: Typing Adventure list of Pokemons

    Hey, i'm about to catch all the pokemon on this game:



    i am missing 11 atm.
    the game has 404 pokemon.
    i made a list of them on my pc,
    do anyone here wants a list or anywhere to post them?
    i haven't seen a list online, thats why i ask.

    and yes, i do type their names with a small bluetooth keyboard on my nintendo ds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails learn-pokemon-typing-adventure-e1340392796227.png  

  10. #4930

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

    Hello people, im looking for some help/suggestions.

    I am back to Pokemon gaming and ive only played gen 1 games such as red/blue/yellow and only once the ruby game but i really dont remember anything from ruby because its been a lot of years so we better not count that one. I just finished the yellow game today after being away from pokemon games for 5 years or so. I got my Mewtwo and i plan on trying to complete the pokedex in yellow.. but that just seems to not be enough because i want to evolve as a player.. so im ready for the next step which would be? That's where you guys come in, i need suggestions and help. I have no idea which are the main differences of the other games.. I want a game that is not gen 5 for example, gen 2 would be good so you could, for example tell me which gen 2 game is relatively the best way to start exploring that particular generation. Also, i wanted to ask if fire red and leaf green versions actually have new pokemon in them or its still the same 150 gen 1 pokemon? Same goes for heart gold and soul silver. Or for example, you could tell me which game in your opinion is the next step from the classic red/blue/yellow versions or give me a list of "to play" games in order.

    Lastly, i only have access to a gameboy color and a gameboy advance (this one is actually not mine) and i was wondering if there is any machine out there that could play pokemon games from all the generations because at some point i plan on transfering all the pokemon from the games that im going to play, to the last version and compile a list of all the pokemon in 1 game through transfers, if possible that is..


    Thanks for reading :D
    Last edited by TM1; 31st August 2013 at 02:55 PM.

  11. #4931
    Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    $aturn¥oshi's pants
    Posts
    5,013
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

    Quote Originally Posted by TM1 View Post
    Hello people, im looking for some help/suggestions.

    I am back to Pokemon gaming and ive only played gen 1 games such as red/blue/yellow and only once the ruby game but i really dont remember anything from ruby because its been a lot of years so we better not count that one. I just finished the yellow game today after being away from pokemon games for 5 years or so. I got my Mewtwo and i plan on trying to complete the pokedex in yellow.. but that just seems to not be enough because i want to evolve as a player.. so im ready for the next step which would be? That's where you guys come in, i need suggestions and help. I have no idea which are the main differences of the other games.. I want a game that is not gen 5 for example, gen 2 would be good so you could, for example tell me which gen 2 game is relatively the best way to start exploring that particular generation. Also, i wanted to ask if fire red and leaf green versions actually have new pokemon in them or its still the same 150 gen 1 pokemon? Same goes for heart gold and soul silver. Or for example, you could tell me which game in your opinion is the next step from the classic red/blue/yellow versions or give me a list of "to play" games in order.

    Lastly, i only have access to a gameboy color and a gameboy advance (this one is actually not mine) and i was wondering if there is any machine out there that could play pokemon games from all the generations because at some point i plan on transfering all the pokemon from the games that im going to play, to the last version and compile a list of all the pokemon in 1 game through transfers, if possible that is..


    Thanks for reading :D
    I would say if you're going from Gen 1, either go Gold/Silver/Crystal, or if you can, FireRed/LeafGreen. I personally started with Gold and after dropping pokemon for some many years, picked the series back up with FiredRed, and those games seem as a nice re-intro into the series as they have an item called the "Teachy Tv" as well as LR trigger Help menus to help explain things.

    Also trading/tranferring pokemon between generations is tricky as pokemon from Gen 1 and 2 (R/G/B/Y & G/S/C) are stuck where they are and can't be brought into Gen 3 and onwards to the latest Gens. This had to do with complete overhauls in the coding between Gen 2 and 3.

    Gen 3 pokemon however (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen as well as some select few side series games) can be transferred forward to new Gens, but cannot be traded back ever.

    If you need links to certain topics, feel free to keep asking questions x)

    edit: As for being able to play many pokemon games on the same console, the best you're going to get is a DS Lite. They can play GBA games, as well as DS games, but nothing passed that, like the 3DS games coming up. So with a DS Lite you could play all of the handheld GBA games (R/S/E/Fr/Lg) as well as the DS games (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White/Black 2/White 2)

    You would need to upgrade to a 3DS or higher if you were interested in getting into things like the upcoming X and Y
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 31st August 2013 at 03:21 PM.

    Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

  12. #4932

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

    Quote Originally Posted by TM1 View Post
    Hello people, im looking for some help/suggestions.

    I am back to Pokemon gaming and ive only played gen 1 games such as red/blue/yellow and only once the ruby game but i really dont remember anything from ruby because its been a lot of years so we better not count that one. I just finished the yellow game today after being away from pokemon games for 5 years or so. I got my Mewtwo and i plan on trying to complete the pokedex in yellow.. but that just seems to not be enough because i want to evolve as a player.. so im ready for the next step which would be? That's where you guys come in, i need suggestions and help. I have no idea which are the main differences of the other games.. I want a game that is not gen 5 for example, gen 2 would be good so you could, for example tell me which gen 2 game is relatively the best way to start exploring that particular generation. Also, i wanted to ask if fire red and leaf green versions actually have new pokemon in them or its still the same 150 gen 1 pokemon? Same goes for heart gold and soul silver. Or for example, you could tell me which game in your opinion is the next step from the classic red/blue/yellow versions or give me a list of "to play" games in order.

    Lastly, i only have access to a gameboy color and a gameboy advance (this one is actually not mine) and i was wondering if there is any machine out there that could play pokemon games from all the generations because at some point i plan on transfering all the pokemon from the games that im going to play, to the last version and compile a list of all the pokemon in 1 game through transfers, if possible that is..


    Thanks for reading :D
    Well, I am not sure if I got it right, but if you want to transfer all your pokémons to the later games you'll play, you're just out of luck. Generation I and Generation II games have no compatibility with the later ones. They can still trade between themselves, but it's all.

    You can play retail games from Generation III, IV and V in a Nintendo DS (not DSi). For Generation II and I, your Gameboy Color is enough. You could still play them as roms in a DS, but not the retail cartridges.

    The remakes (FireRed/LeafGreen, HeartGold/SoulSilver) were new updated versions (for the time they were released), not only exact copies of the original games. So in FireRed/LeafGreen you can get pokémons (and moves) introduced in Generations III and II, while in HeartGold/SoulSilver you can get pokémons (and moves) introduced in Generations IV, III and II.

    Since Generation II is a direct sequel of the Generation I games, you may want to play it. You can choose any game. Also, you don't need to have known the story of any game besides Generation I to play the later ones. So, for example, you can play Generation V games today without playing Generation II, III or IV (the only exception is that you need to have played Black/White to understand Black 2/White 2). You wouldn't understand some few references, though.

    I don't know if I got all your questions or if I was able to answer all of them.
    Last edited by Swadloon; 31st August 2013 at 03:26 PM.

  13. #4933

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

    Hey guys thanks for the quick replies!

    So since i cant move pokemon from gen 1 and 2 to latter generations, would it still be possible to obtain gen 1 and 2 pokemon in the newer games? Also, in gen 2 games are there any gen 1 pokemon available or there are only pokemon of that respective generation (2)?

    Lastly, if i play pokemon fire red and leaf green, also heart gold and soul silver then theoretically i should be able to transfer my gen 1 and 2 pokemon to the newer games? Is that the reason those games were created, because they screwed up with the compatibility between old and new games and they made it up to the people by creating enhanced versions of the first 2 generation games? Sorry if im not completely getting it, not just yet :D

  14. #4934
    Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    23,320
    Blog Entries
    200
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

    Quote Originally Posted by TM1 View Post
    Hey guys thanks for the quick replies!

    So since i cant move pokemon from gen 1 and 2 to latter generations, would it still be possible to obtain gen 1 and 2 pokemon in the newer games? Also, in gen 2 games are there any gen 1 pokemon available or there are only pokemon of that respective generation (2)?

    Lastly, if i play pokemon fire red and leaf green, also heart gold and soul silver then theoretically i should be able to transfer my gen 1 and 2 pokemon to the newer games? Is that the reason those games were created, because they screwed up with the compatibility between old and new games and they made it up to the people by creating enhanced versions of the first 2 generation games? Sorry if im not completely getting it, not just yet :D
    Yes, Fire red and Leaf Green have Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon, so if you trasfer those, you should be able to get them. Most Johto Pokemon are found in HG/SS(except event only legendaries and many Gen 1 Pokemon as well)

    That's one of the reasons why remakes were likely made, so people could play and catch those older Pokemon and for new fans to experience the older games remade.

  15. #4935
    Dragon of the Water RiverAura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    White Forest
    Posts
    504
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Learn with Pokemon: Typing Adventure list of Pokemons

    Quote Originally Posted by joepassive View Post
    Hey, i'm about to catch all the pokemon on this game:



    i am missing 11 atm.
    the game has 404 pokemon.
    i made a list of them on my pc,
    do anyone here wants a list or anywhere to post them?
    i haven't seen a list online, thats why i ask.

    and yes, i do type their names with a small bluetooth keyboard on my nintendo ds.
    Serebii has a list on their site. While I can't be sure it's completely accurate, having never had a chance to play the game myself, it might help you find what you're missing and where to find them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •